• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
It will be a sad day in the history of the club I love it we go the same route as Chelsea.
This.

Why is anyone who is having a go at Wenger, having a go at him in the first place over this? Chelsea's way of running things is the complete opposite to what Arsène believes in, and that belief is what the players and fans have been following anyways.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Agree with the 2 posts above. I'm 100% in the Arsène Wenger corner on this. When we win our next trophy, it'll be so much sweeter than Chelsea buying their trophies.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Biggus said:
Boo Hoo.....Lifes unfair Ricky, I can't wait until we're bought out by someone who can afford to properly finance a top club
I can't wait until the day such clubs gets booted out of the major competitions.

AshburtonGhost

I don't think we need a sugar daddy and nor do I want one at Arsenal. The reason we don't spend money is because we choose not to, not because we can't, imo.

patrick42uk

Established Member
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
ricky1985 said:
It will be a sad day in the history of the club I love it we go the same route as Chelsea.
This.

Why is anyone who is having a go at Wenger, having a go at him in the first place over this? Chelsea's way of running things is the complete opposite to what Arsène believes in, and that belief is what the players and fans have been following anyways.

As you say, its different approaches so its a bit arrogant of Wenger to reproach a club for choosing a different path? But this wasnt the point of my post, I actually agree with what Wenger says. The point is, is it necessary for Wenger to keep having these little public digs at Chelsea? Which he has done since Roman came in and his infamous "financial doping" comments. Its stuff like this that spawned the "voyuer" comments from Mourinho which fufilled its purpose because Wenger did shut up for a while after that.

I dont see that it Wenger publically attacking Chelsea acheives anything and, in fact, i believe it creates anomysity between the sides which in recent years has been bad news for us in the fixtures against chelsea.

True Gooner

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
I dont see that it Wenger publically attacking Chelsea acheives anything and, in fact, i believe it creates anomysity between the sides which in recent years has been bad news for us in the fixtures against chelsea.

Frankly, Chelsea have given us more than enough reason to hate them just by the way they go about doing their business. Wenger's comments are perfectly justified here because their true.

Obviously we can't sit around feeling sorry for ourselves but that doesn't mean we can't say it like it is. Chelsea are cheating ****s with no class who deserve to go the way of Leeds.

Rohit

Established Member
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
ricky1985 said:
This.

I agree completely and have said this all along. Football the sport is hurting because of people like Abrahamovic, the Liverpool owners and the Man City owners. It is now about which owner has the most money. It is a disgrace in my honest opinion and i love and am proud of the way our club is run.

famous no 10

Established Member
True Gooner said:
patrick42uk said:

Frankly, Chelsea have given us more than enough reason to hate them just by the way they go about doing their business. Wenger's comments are perfectly justified here because their true.

Obviously we can't sit around feeling sorry for ourselves but that doesn't mean we can't say it like it is. Chelsea are cheating c**nts with no class who deserve to go the way of Leeds.

Completely agree.

Accomplished

Established Member
Biggus said:
Boo Hoo.....Lifes unfair Ricky, I can't wait until we're bought out by someone who can afford to properly finance a top club and will demand that the manager achieves success other than the "prize" of CL qualification.

Pathetic..IMO.

KingReyes

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
ricky1985 said:
This.

As you say, its different approaches so its a bit arrogant of Wenger to reproach a club for choosing a different path? But this wasnt the point of my post, I actually agree with what Wenger says. The point is, is it necessary for Wenger to keep having these little public digs at Chelsea? Which he has done since Roman came in and his infamous "financial doping" comments. Its stuff like this that spawned the "voyuer" comments from Mourinho which fufilled its purpose because Wenger did shut up for a while after that.

Wenger gets asked the question in his press conferences and he's nice enough to give an honest answer. Its not like he goes out looking to attack Chelsea for fun. He's right and thankfully we are not run like that.

As Ricky said, it would be sad day in our history if we were ever run like that.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=720274&sec=england&cc=4716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... nd&cc=4716</a>

Apparently Fungus feels the 5 extra minutes added at old trafford is an insult to the FA Cup.

I guess he wants 50.

What a tosser.

Illusion

Established Member
It's his usual deflecting attention away from his players being ****ing useless wastes of money again and another way to put pressure on referee's to give him and his team what they want.

progman07

Established Member
bojed said:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=720274&sec=england&cc=4716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently Fungus feels the 5 extra minutes added at old trafford is an insult to the FA Cup.

I guess he wants 50.

What a tosser.
:lol: 5 minutes too few? :lol:

Why didn't they score a ****ing goal to a League One side at home in the first 95 mins... why did they want even more...

Unforgiven

Established Member
Seriously WTF is Ferguson thinking saying that. I have seen some of the most disrupted games in my life and I don't think i have ever seen a match with 7+ minutes injury time, 5 mins is lucky. United were so awful they couldn't even score in the 90 mins so what would an extra min do anyway, and it almost went into the 96th minute of the game anyway.

Double_H

Established Member
reading redcafe these days and Fergi moauning all the time reminds me of the good Ol Djemba Djemba Days

Shredder

Pocket change getting a bit tight there, Malcolm?

Manchester United examine £600m bond issue

MANCHESTER UNITED is considering a £600m bond issue as part of the Premier League club’s battle to bring its spiralling debts under control.

It is understood that the Glazer family, the American leisure tycoons who bought the club in 2005, have asked two investment banks to look at ways of easing the debt burden.

JP Morgan, the US bank that engineered the Glazers’ £790m takeover, and Deutsche Bank, have been working on options to improve the club’s financial situation amid concerns that its debts could soon have serious repercussions.

In the past few weeks, advisers have begun sounding out potential investors on a bond issue. The cash would be used to pay back some of the club’s existing debts.
<a class="postlink" href="http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/leisure/article6973929.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/b ... 973929.ece</a>

bigtimetopbanana

We don't have a January Transfer Window thread yet, so posting in here:

The Daily Mail is reporting that Paddy is going to Man $ity next week:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1240613/Arsenal-legend-Patrick-Vieira-WILL-join-Manchester-City-week.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

My oh my.

qs

Established Member
25at3ti.jpg

Alfonso

Established Member
Henry couldn't play for another English club, said so himself, neither could Beckham. I wish it was the same with Vieria but he is in a desperate situation and he has only one World Cup left in him. I guess Man City is just about ok but if he ever stepped inside Stamford Bridge or ****e Hart Lane as a player I would lose massive respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom