• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Premier League 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Carroll's an overrated pisshead but think West Ham were right to keep him. Suits their style, fairly 'big' name.

He really doesn't score enough though. I wouldn't say he's much more of a goal threat than a fully fit Bendtner in all honesty.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Andy Carroll will feel really lucky, at West Ham he will have the whole team set up to play to his strengths and not have to change his game much. Allardyce will bring in a good RW and another big DM type to replace Diarra and supplement Diame who they are too reliant on.

You only have to watch Everton to see how a team with a battering ram of a player like Fellaini can do damage if they are set-up to get the best out of that player. Jarvis is a limited footballer but does exactly whats needed, he floods the box with crosses, no playing around at all.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Speaking of Allardyce, damn I just reminisced of watching the old Bolton side at the Reebok under lights with guys like Okocha, Djorkaeff, Campo, so much flair and talent, what a contrast this West Ham team is.

Cannot wait until Stoke are relegated, Sunderland can go too. Norwich can go too with their long ball game to that Kamara dude all game with dirty fouling.

I will also never respect Moyes for instructing his players to do what they did to us in that first half at the Emirates. Clearly instructed to commit dirty fouls in turns, some of the tackles were crazy, someone could have seriously been injured, ref should have started handing out cards earlier he also let it escalate.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
ASAP Berg said:
Speaking of Allardyce, damn I just reminisced of watching the old Bolton side at the Reebok under lights with guys like Okocha, Djorkaeff, Campo, so much flair and talent, what a contrast this West Ham team is.

Cannot wait until Stoke are relegated, Sunderland can go too. Norwich can go too with their long ball game to that Kamara dude all game with dirty fouling.

I will also never respect Moyes for instructing his players to do what they did to us in that first half at the Emirates. Clearly instructed to commit dirty fouls in turns, some of the tackles were crazy, someone could have seriously been injured, ref should have started handing out cards earlier he also let it escalate.

Did you actually ever watch that Bolton side play? They played with no flair and were filled with thugs and retiring players. They used Okocha for his long throw, Djorkaeff was on his last legs and Ivan Campo was the definition of a hack.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I watched that Bolton side mate and Okocha was used for far more than his long throws, he brilliantly pulled the strings in a team that actually played decent stuff due to the likes of Okocha, Speed, Nolan, Giannikokopolous etc in midfield.

mo50

Established Member
That Bolton side used to play like cavemen whenever we played them though, some of the most backward football I've seen. It was where the whole "Arsenal don't like it rough" stuff began. It's funny how we no longer here that about us. Or about how we're "soft".

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
GDeep said:
I watched that Bolton side mate and Okocha was used for far more than his long throws, he brilliantly pulled the strings in a team that actually played decent stuff due to the likes of Okocha, Speed, Nolan, Giannikokopolous etc in midfield.

They had decent players, most of the top ones were on their last legs, but they've always had that direct element to their game. They've never been a pretty side to watch.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
mo50 said:
That Bolton side used to play like cavemen whenever we played them though, some of the most backward football I've seen. It was where the whole "Arsenal don't like it rough" stuff began. It's funny how we no longer here that about us. Or about how we're "soft".

Well, back then we might have lacked the physical toughness of all the rubgy teams in the League but didn't lack quality - now it's totally reversed, with us lacking quality instead, which is the new mantra, alongside the famous X years without a trophy line.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What a sad, sad man.
Your backing, particularly at the Britannia Stadium, goes a long way towards explaining our success in the most competitive division in the world over five fantastic seasons.
Who can forget that first win against Aston Villa, not to mention the victories against a certain team from North London?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Stoke-City-Pulis-prepared-sign-Brit-revolution/story-19066005-detail/story.html#axzz2U6HylO00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/St ... z2U6HylO00</a>

GDeep™

League is very weak
mo50 said:

They had a direct and physical approach against us, but it never crossed the line, unlike some of Stokes antics in recent year's. Allardyce had a plan to unsettle and beat us when we came to town, it worked, probably cost us a title one season too, I back then didn't have a problem with those tactics, frustration was on our part for me as to why we couldn't deal with going away to Bolton.

Allardyce is a quality manager who had our number back then. Pulis and Stoke on the other hand were a bunch of thugs who sooner or later crossed the line and resorted to assault.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Boton played like that because it worked against us for Bolton, I will agree they were thugs.

But come on Okocha used to do so many nice tricks and skills, there aren't many players like that in the league nowadays.

dpt49

Established Member
THunter said:
What a sad, sad man.
Your backing, particularly at the Britannia Stadium, goes a long way towards explaining our success in the most competitive division in the world over five fantastic seasons.
Who can forget that first win against Aston Villa, not to mention the victories against a certain team from North London?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Stoke-City-Pulis-prepared-sign-Brit-revolution/story-19066005-detail/story.html#axzz2U6HylO00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/St ... z2U6HylO00</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The fact he said that about us, means that he is bitter that Wenger spent less money, was more successful, played better football, didn't have his main goal supply from throw in's, and wasn't nasty piece of work.

Good riddance from the PL.

It says everything about him when even a club of knuckle scraping, neanderthals don't want you.

glaveror

So Pulis is leaving the league..too bad I wanted him to get relegated together with that bunch of inbreds.
Oh well,hopefully they'll drop out next year and won't be back for a long,long time. As for that miserable prick I have no good wishes for him.

Cruisio

Established Member
Just when Stoke had a chance to change their reputation after getting rid of Pulis....they then go and contact Mark Hughes :D

Will they ever learn?

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Cruisio said:
Just when Stoke had a chance to change their reputation after getting rid of Pulis....they then go and contact Mark Hughes :D

Will they ever learn?

I don't think it's that out of order to be honest....Stoke just want a slight change from the Pulis days, because they know if they changed too much too quickly, the only way is downwards.
They need a manager who can work with what they've got but on the other hand, get the team into a new direction (Championship).

Makes sense. :thumbup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom