• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Premier League 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Who you guy's hoping wins the title next season? Pellegrini and City for me.

Mourinho comes out with more crap than I do tbh.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

GDeep said:
Who you guy's hoping wins the title next season? Pellegrini and City for me.

Mourinho comes out with more crap than I do tbh.
Arsenal. It'll be Chelsea though, putting money on it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
City have a stronger squad tbough, other than midfield, better than Chelsea all over the pitch too.

If we sign Higuain, Cesc, Wanyama etc, I might give us a chance as title outsiders.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It'll be between them two I reckon but I think Chelsea will just do it.
Obviously transfers will change things and as you say, if we strengthen the squad we could be outsiders, but it'll be hard.

KyleHyde

Think Pellegrini would struggle for a while, dont think they're a sure bet for 2nd place. Kind of sad that scumbag FC may dominate next season, if only we'd make an effort to strengthen this off season, we may actually have a decent chance of getting the title.

And what is this ManUre you guys talk about, are they like Everton?

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
It depends on summer signings but still the 2 Manc Clubs for me as it stands. Pellegrini will get more points from City than Mancini by a fair bit I'd think.

Chelsea need a top class striker and to strengthen the defense. Even then they have the issue of reigning in the big egos. If they sign Cavani though, that could do it for them as he could get a load of match winners.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Mourinho will have everyone in his corner, fighting till the death, top 2 is guaranteed for the Chavs.

City seem to have everything in place, a few drops of quality around the place, like Isco, and you feel they have a title run in them.

dpt49

Established Member
I actually think Moyes is going to struggle.
Too many old players and not enough world class young talent.
Man City and Chelsea will do ok simply because they have spent a fortune getting the best players.

I can't believe how the media are almost worshipping Mourinho as if he is some sort of genius. It was pathetic yesterday listening to Talk Sport and the journalists talking about, "mind games" and "how everyone hangs on his every word," and "how his players and fans at Chelsea adore him."

It's interesting how hardly anyone brings up the fact that he is probably the biggest spending manager ever and he only takes over already successful clubs.

If he had taken over a middle of the table club and been successful, while hardly spending any money, I would be impressed.
But outspending everyone, and managing clubs that are already top two or three, while playing effective but not exactly entertaining football, is what any top manager would do.

The only "special" thing about him is the size of his ego.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Agree.

My money is on Citeh or Chelski as well for the EPL title (unless we sign much better players than I expect). Think they'll both be stronger than last season. Expect the Mancs to do worse than last season.

Mourinho's isn't special anymore, he's happy (with his salary).

outlaw_member

Established Member
It's a not a typical Mourinho side, though. Lot's of technical flair players, with very little emphasis on either power or destruction. He's also not the same manager he was back in 2004. Almost been a decade since then, and he's achieved everything in the game. The hunger and desire might not be the same. The arrogance is certainly not as evident.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I agree, totally overrated guy is Mourinho. DW about Real Madrid, even at Chelsea is it such a feat to go out and buy Essien, Drogba, Robben, Shevchenko, Ballack and win something?

Everyone talks about his CL season at Inter where he swapped Ibrahimovic for Eto'o and brought in Milito which is all great, but the season before he spent like 40m euros on Mancini, Quaresma and Muntari which is unbelievable.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
outlaw_member said:
It's a not a typical Mourinho side, though. Lot's of technical flair players, with very little emphasis on either power or destruction. He's also not the same manager he was back in 2004. Almost been a decade since then, and he's achieved everything in the game. The hunger and desire might not be the same. The arrogance is certainly not as evident.
When he was van Gaal's understudy he learned how to play with technical flair players.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The way he starts it off, I'm crying here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYXIGXk8jS4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYXIGXk8jS4</a>

Yaya

Established Member
THunter said:
The way he starts it off, I'm crying here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYXIGXk8jS4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYXIGXk8jS4</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What a rant.

dpt49

Established Member
I like the line he says about Mike Ashley,
"I don't know what's going on in that ****** head, other than a cheap option."

He certainly has a point talking about Kinnear, when he says, "what is he doing at one of the top twenty richest clubs in the world?"

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
New season fixtures list will be announced tomorrow.

This thread will be locked from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom