• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Premier League 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crooner

Sheet Dok, totally forgot Enner Valencia signed. I like him a lot, he really works hard. A lot of people are skeptical of his ability to succeed but he can play across the front so if he stops scoring you can shift him wide and he'll work the flank.

Poyet is also a good signing. He is pretty comfortable on the ball drives the midfield well.

I suppose regarding Carroll what I meant to include was his ridiculous lack of professionalism.

I know that people laugh at Big Sam a lot, and some West Ham fans have had nothing but contempt for him (with the history of football there), but most fans recognize that it's tough to play the good stuff and stay up without building a team with the requisite players. I also remember his Bolton team fondly with Okocha, Djorkaeff, Campo. He can get a team playing decent stuff, he's just a total pragmatist.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
I remember when Leeds played Charlton last season and Alex Mowatt conceded a foul for pulling Poyet's hair to pull him back and the Charlton twitter account kicked off about how it's because Poyet's a much better player. He's got a lot of potential, Poyet, but I've seen him get caught in possession when trying to play it out a lot in the past, when he gets pressed.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think Sagna makes the strongest case to get into that unbeaten team. Walcott and Kos at the least would get a healthy amount of playing time off the bench considering we had Cygan and Parlour as the other options in those positions, Parlour was always solid though.

Hard to compare. Sagna is the only one I feel strong on being a stronger starting option.

GDeep™

League is very weak
David Sullivan rang into Talksport last night and gave an interesting interview, I can't seem to find a link to the full call.

Sounds like the board and Fat Sam just tolerate each other, Carroll's problems have nothing to do with drugs, new strikers will come in, the board want to keep Ravel Morrison even though Fat Sam doesn't and Sullivan doesn't make much of recent signings, in terms of resale value.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
If anyone is interested, David Sullivan answered fans on Twitter and here's a summary:

<a class="postlink" href="http://kumb.com/story.php?id=127688" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://kumb.com/story.php?id=127688</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's why I love our owners. They're fans and they actually listen and respond to the supporters.

"@maggs10: Why not try and sign a proven Premier League goalscorer who isn't injury prone?

DS: Bony is £19million and we don't have that sort of money. I wanted him a year ago but no one else at the club did!"

Sullivan throwing his partners under the bus :lol:

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Maybe you should've gone for Ba, although I imagine his wage demands would be quite steep.

GDeep™

League is very weak
To me it looks like Gold and Sullivan are doing what they've always done, let a manager see out his deal than sack and pay off.

Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season with a knee injury.

Crooner

Christ Dok, your lot are having a bad auld preseason at the mo. Allardicio coming out saying "we have forgotten how to defend" is an indictment of the board's pressure to play attractive stuff. Seems like there's some sort of Mexican standoff unfolding where Sam is going to keep setting up the team to lose until the boys upstairs give him severance or let him do it his way.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Is everyone else going in with the assumption that Arsenal, Chelsea and City are the top 3 competing for the title, with Liverpool, United and Sp**s (maybe Everton) battling it out for 4th.

If United don't get two centre backs and another midfielder before the season starts I think Sp**s could finish above them again. In fact I think Pochettino could make Sp**s better than Liverpool. I mean Lamela, Soldado, Dembele, Eriksen, Paulinho, Davies, Vertonghen and Lloris are all quality players if they can play to their absolute best and probably best most of Liverpools starting eleven.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Taylor Gang Gunners said:
Drogba is quite odd, he peaked late, he was already into his 30's before he showed the form that made him a Chelsea "legend."

I remember when a few on this site would compare him to Henry, laughable stuff that. Made me feel a bit sick also.
Not fair to compare him to Henry as they were and are so different but Drogba is a legend. Absolute beast of a player.

Dokaka, surely scoring in the big games is the making of a player, contrast with Giroud who doesnt and he is viewed by some as useless. Chelsea had enough in their locker to beat the small teams Drogba so often was the difference in the big games giving Chelsea momentum at key moments.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Tir Na Nog said:
Is everyone else going in with the assumption that Arsenal, Chelsea and City are the top 3 competing for the title, with Liverpool, United and Sp**s (maybe Everton) battling it out for 4th.

No, I think we're still in the group battling for 3rd and 4th, well, until I see what's happening with a Vermaelen replacement, the CDM and another CF.

Good summer so far, but still critical business left.

Utd look strong when you consider its only a game a week, and now have a very good and experienced manager. Fancy them for 4th over Liverpool and Sp**s.

Squads as they are now, I'm thinking - City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd.

MaestroCesc

GDeep said:
Other than Sagna, we haven't had a player in the Emirates era who would get into our invincibles team.

Debuchy isn't a patch on Lauren either for me.
*Cough* Fabregas *Cough*. But yeah I agree with you him and Sagna would probably be the only ones to get in the team with maybe Walcott too.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Utd will get 4th over Pool, van Gaal's not an idiot and they'll probably win nearly all the "big" games. The title is still City's to lose imo, every other challenger including us will take time to find balance in the squads.

City already know their best team and if Yaya and Aguero stay fit, they'll be tough to stay with.

Caz19

MaestroCesc said:
GDeep said:
Other than Sagna, we haven't had a player in the Emirates era who would get into our invincibles team.

*Cough* Fabregas *Cough*. But yeah I agree with you him and Sagna would probably be the only ones to get in the team with maybe Walcott too.

Nah, even if we played a 4-2-3-1 back than, could you really see Fabregas starting over Bergkamp? doubt it would happen.

Crooner

We have a first 11 to match the best in the league, we have a second 11 to match most until you hit our spine, defensive mid and central defense. I worry for injuries to Kos and Mert mostly, but injuries have always been our bane in trying to maintain title pushes. Two signings make us joint favourites I feel, but we can still do it.

I think this is even harder to predict than last season. Title will end up in London this year at a geographical push. Expecting Liverpool to surprise detractors, Everton falling away. Big improvements from Spuds and Utd too. Sad thing is it'll be all the big boys involved, I don't see anyone about to come up with a magic season from the mid echelons. Maybe Stoke will surprise some people.

Shakaking06

jones said:
Disagree 100%, **** the league. If Arsenal can't have the best players in England I don't want to see them there at all.

I used to have that view, but changed my mind after Bale. As painful as it was to see him bail Sp**s out game after game with stunner after stunner, it was quite amazing to see a player of that class. Same with Suarez and Yaya Toure, I guess it would be different if I had time to watch other league's but I don't get to see non-EPL players that often.

Shakaking06

Crooner said:
We have a first 11 to match the best in the league, we have a second 11 to match most until you hit our spine, defensive mid and central defense. I worry for injuries to Kos and Mert mostly, but injuries have always been our bane in trying to maintain title pushes. Two signings make us joint favourites I feel, but we can still do it.

I think this is even harder to predict than last season. Title will end up in London this year at a geographical push. Expecting Liverpool to surprise detractors, Everton falling away. Big improvements from Spuds and Utd too. Sad thing is it'll be all the big boys involved, I don't see anyone about to come up with a magic season from the mid echelons. Maybe Stoke will surprise some people.
We're still a little weak at CF, unless Alexis works at CF.
but I like our squad for once in years we have quality all across the pitch and depth.

This year should be interesting, it seems like at least Arsenal and Chelsea will have their best team in years. City always has the perfect on paper squad and Liverpool and United might suprise. But even more the quality of managing is also amazing Wenger,Van Gaal, and Mourinho are top top managers and Pellegrini is more than competent, still don't know what to think of Rodgers really interesting how he adjusts after realizing teams do have to defend.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
MaestroCesc said:
GDeep said:

Over whom?

Mastadon

Established Member
Kos might get in ahead of Kolo Toure although Kolo was fantastic for a few seasons. Peak v peak Kos would have more IMO only question would be whether he would form a better partnership with Sol than Kolo did.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
It seems all our away thrashings last year were on BT Sport - 6-3, 5-1, 6-0. I hope none of our big away games are on BT Sport this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom