• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Premier League 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Since we dont have a City thread...
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/askjesus-3925425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/askjesus-3925425</a>

stiiphunn

Established Member
It's going to be a great season - I just hope we have a good start because any points we drop could be fatal at the end of the season. I reckon Man Utd, Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, and possibly Tottenham will all be fighting for the CL spots.

Chelsea and City probably have the strongest teams on paper, while Man Utd is slowly getting there.

It's very difficult to figure out what Liverpool will look like this coming season - they've lost their best player and Gerrard is not getting any younger. They need to integrate a few new players as well. It could really go either way for Pool. The trickiest will be the first 2 months - if they manage to have a good start, they could be dangerous.

As for Tottenham, no one's really talking about - mostly because they're a bit irrelevant - but they have a good squad. They could have a good season if their players somehow managed to click together.

As for us, we have a strong squad and a very good first XI. We still need to work on a few positions so I wouldn't consider us on par with Chelsea and City. But we're looking good.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
The PL will introduce the use of the vanishing foam referees used at the WC:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28573296" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28573296</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm happy about this, a simple yet effective way to prevent ball placement and encroachment issues - but I can't help wondering what took so long for this to be invented?

The real question is how do they implement this in next-gen Fifa/PES games?

onetowatch

TheLoneFalcon said:
'You fed 5,000 with five loaves and two fish, so why didn't you get Yaya a cake?'

I'm crying here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

haha :mrgreen:

These twitter takeover things always end up being funny. #askjose last season:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/best-askjose-chelsea-boss-jose-3550862" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... se-3550862</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you manage to get sacked twice by Mr Abramovich, would you consider it a tactical masterclass? #AskJose

MaestroCesc

SiMamu said:
MaestroCesc said:
GDeep said:
Other than Sagna, we haven't had a player in the Emirates era who would get into our invincibles team.

Debuchy isn't a patch on Lauren either for me.
*Cough* Fabregas *Cough*. But yeah I agree with you him and Sagna would probably be the only ones to get in the team with maybe Walcott too.
Over whom?
You would probably be looking at a formation change with 3 in midfield and Bergkamp or Freddie getting dropped.

Crooner

Utd will probably challenge with Vidal. Their thin squad will be masked by the lack of European competition. Actually feel like City might fall away a little bit this year (a feeling, nothing more), there seems to be a little disquiet in the squad. All things being equal I would put us, Chelsea and City in one group. All things aren't equal though.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
The team I am most worried about is City. Quietly they have gone about their business and acquired great players to add to a winning team.

You look at some of their choices, and these players with great power and technique are the perfect mix for a title winning squad.

Fernando, Yaya Toure, Sagna, Kompany, Mangala - players who will dominate teams and be forceful going forward, added to their flair players like Jovetic, Navas, Nasri, Aguero and with Dzeko + Negredo they have 2 great target men.

You compare that to our squad and you can see the difference between both of our squads, we have the players going forward to match them, but are missing the power in midfield and defence, hopefully we get a strong smart DM and a better CB than Vermaelen if he leaves, someone who has a bit of pace and power and doesn't always have to play offsides because he lacks speed to recover (I'm looking at you per bru)

Mastadon

Established Member
juice man said:
Dropping Bergkamp :lol:

Utterly insane suggestion from an Arsenal fan. Nobody benches Bergkamp. The team esp Henry would have gone fkin crazy if Bergkamp was dropped for Cesc.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
You should worry about Chelsea. They've brought in 2 world class players, both have been looking sublime during pre-season, and they've massively upgraded one of the FB positions.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
MaestroCesc said:
You would probably be looking at a formation change with 3 in midfield and Bergkamp or Freddie getting dropped.

865b1d4c54_1378808838_crazy-bergkamp-skill-o.gif

Never thought I'd see the day, where an Arsenal fan, suggests dropping Dennis Bergkamp. Right about now I wish it was possible to unsee/unread things.

Drop, Dennis Bergkamp?
146-Dennis-Bergkamp-statue-unveiled-at-Emirates-with-Arsenal.jpg

berg.jpg

^ Fabregas would play instead of this man?

Staggering.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
Dokaka said:
You should worry about Chelsea. They've brought in 2 world class players, both have been looking sublime during pre-season, and they've massively upgraded one of the FB positions.

I hope you're not talking about Costa, yet - one good season doesn't constitute world class.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Dokaka said:
Maybe you havent heard but Abou's back. He's out-of-this-world class.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Suave Gooner89 said:
Dokaka said:

I hope you're not talking about Costa, yet - one good season doesn't constitute world class.

One good season? He's been quality for 2/3 years, even when playing out of position due to Falcao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom