• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Premier League 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Johnny_Blaze said:
Dokaka said:
Be careful with the word assault. He could've just yelled like a madman and pushed one of them.

Er, he punched and slapped his girlfriend and her mother. He's ****.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/ravel-morrison-assault-charges-ex-manchester-7543169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... er-7543169</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wasn't aware being accused of something means you're guilty.

Yes, he's ****. We all know/knew that. Doesn't mean he's guilty of everything he's accused of doing though.

arsenalfan4ever

Established Member
Utd Looks really good atm. Some of my friends told me that Utd are playing brilliant football. Beating Madrid is no joke, even in pre-season. Of course Madrid was also looking to win the game. They also had a full squad minus Kross and Kherida. Defeating Pool and Madrid would only boost their confidence.

LVG is the second coming of SAF. Comeback victory, defeating the best, playing brilliant football and unique football, not having to worry about CL. Looks like Utd will be back in the top 4 this season and Liverpool will make way.

What troubles me is LVG's tactics. Wenger just isn't able to beat Utd anymore and LVG's unique game along with the spirit Utd have against us will be tough for us to overcome. I hope we beat them this season but I'm skeptical. Atm they have me worried and their game plan might just work in EPL. Afterall Hull's 3 CB worked against us even if they lost the game. Utd have better players then Hull and will sign more.

Chelsea and City are on a different level.

Even if City didn't make a lot of ground breaking signings they still have the same squad as last season and new additions. They are stronger then last season.

Chelsea have turned into a monster. Cesc, Costa, Luiz, Drogba. And they will sign a couple more I believe. They are very strong.

And btw Costa is NOT WC yet, please stop overrating players in other teams while underrating our own. He had one good season in La Liga, where many believe scoring is not that difficult as far as you're good. Soldado is an example and I'm sure there are more.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
Dokaka said:
I wasn't aware being accused of something means you're guilty.

Yes, he's ****. We all know/knew that. Doesn't mean he's guilty of everything he's accused of doing though.

I know he's technically not "guilty" until proven so, but I highly doubt the news would just invent his crimes without their being some truth to them.

More often than not, I think you'll find people accused of such things are indeed guilty.

Proof

Established Member
Even if City didn't make a lot of ground breaking signings they still have the same squad as last season and new additions. They are stronger then last season.
I agree. They have an impressive depth.

BuOxO_KIcAAFBAV.jpg

GDeep™

League is very weak
That image highlights their squad strength nicely, ours doesn't match it.

Especially at CF, we have no top players.

a_fourteen

Established Member
--------Szczesny
Debuchy--Kos--Mert--Gibbs
-------Arteta-Ramsey
Sanchez--Özil--Ox
-------Giroud

-------Sanogo
Campbel--Cazorla--Walcott
------Wilshere--Flamini
Monreal--?--Chambers--Bellerin
---------Ospina

We severe lack depth in defense.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Every of those 4 Man City CFs would arguably start at Arsenal. Insane when you think about it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
No doubt. Strikers win you the league in my opinion, we only have one decent one.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Honestly wouldn't rate Giroud as decent. For me a minimum return for an Arsenal CF is a goal every 2 games, and Giroud can't even manage that. One of the worst conversion rates in Europe, and it's not like his all-round play justifies the poor return either.

It's all relative though. Of course he's better than a lot of other strikers in the league, but that's not how I'd rate a player at a top club. He's playing for Arsenal, a top club, and if you compare him to strikers at other top clubs with a realistic bid for the league title, he's one of the absolute worst.

A lot of other top clubs even have several strikers that would replace Giroud. It's unacceptable that he's going into the 3rd season in a row as the starting CF.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Players who lose consciousness during a match will now have to go off, according to new Premier League rules.

Good move, when you consider Christophe Kramer had to ask the referee if he was playing in the WC final, when he got knocked out against Argentina.

Players with head injuries but don't lose consciousness will have to go through a thorough on field assessment.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Go off for the game? If so, that could set a dangerous precedent for wacko defender to try and get a cheeky KO on a set-piece.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
GDeep said:
Players who lose consciousness during a match will now have to go off, according to new Premier League rules.

Good move, when you consider Christophe Kramer had to ask the referee if he was playing in the WC final, when he got knocked out against Argentina.

Players with head injuries but don't lose consciousness will have to go through a thorough on field assessment.

This seems like it will be difficult to gauge.

There are times when players flat out lose consciousness (think Szcesny vs Phil Jones last season), but more often than not a player who's taken a blow to the head will be "out of it" but not entirely unconscious and still somewhat cognizant.

I guess this boils down to what constitutes being unconscious?

I suspect it will be down to teams' doctors to interpret.

GDeep™

League is very weak
'If there has been a confirmed or suspected period of loss of consciousness, the player must be removed from the field of play, and not be allowed to return'.

I'm not sure we'll see defenders going for KO's, risking a red card.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
GDeep said:
'If there has been a confirmed or suspected period of loss of consciousness, the player must be removed from the field of play, and not be allowed to return'.

I'm not sure we'll see defenders going for KO's, risking a red card.

Keepers on punches from set-pieces more likely.

"suspected period of loss of consciousness" irks me. More potential fodder for corrupt refs.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dokaka said:
Go off for the game? If so, that could set a dangerous precedent for wacko defender to try and get a cheeky KO on a set-piece.
yep, or a wacko keeper

btw, did we receive a penalty kick for Diaby foul above?

arsenallegends

Established Member
It was kind of tough seeing Sagna at the Etihad and how he'll be a supplement for a stacked squad when before he was one climbing to legend status a year ago as a stoic presence in the first-team. That's what differentiates him from Rosicky, Walcott, Diaby and therefore really marks the end of an era that failed to meets its promise even with limited resources.

I loathe how good of a deputy they picked up for two important positions. Feel Debuchy will be ravaged if he doesn't assimilate well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom