• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Arsenal v Fulham - Sat. Dec. 4 - 15:00 | ATVO

ricky1985

Established Member
Just when I thought I was out, they draw me right back in.

First 20 minutes alone had me dreaming again about what is possible. The next 70 reminded me why we're not there yet. Still I was praying for the win towards the end, and that shows deep down I must think we still have a real chance at winning this thing.

Our midfield is a mess, worse than that even. Arsène has got to take a look at it, because we will get murdered in the big games ahead if we don't change things.

Nasri is incredible. My oh my what a player.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Humble Rex said:
Maybe I should just arrange an Outie vs Ant showdown. Finance it by having members on A-M paying a hefty entrance fee. Get in the ring you mofos!!

I've won. AntG has already cracked. :wink:

Herbas

Watching a replay of the second Nasri goal. Just before the goal commentator said "it's been a long time since his goal...". Hah, nice response Nasri! :)

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
outlaw_member said:
Humble Rex said:
Maybe I should just arrange an Outie vs Ant showdown. Finance it by having members on A-M paying a hefty entrance fee. Get in the ring you mofos!!
I've won. AntG has already cracked. :wink:
lol, I'm as calm as your answering machine on a Friday night. :wink: (there).

outlaw_member

Established Member
ricky1985 said:

First 20 minutes alone had me dreaming again about what is possible. The next 70 reminded me why we're not there yet. Still I was praying for the win towards the end, and that shows deep down I must think we still have a real chance at winning this thing.

Our midfield is a mess, worse than that even. Arsène has got to take a look at it, because we will get murdered in the big games ahead if we don't change things.

Midfield was a mess from the very start of the season. Wilshere, Rosicky and Cesc cannot defend. Which means that Song has to defend for all three, and he's not that great at it, himself. Plus, his role now is to press high up the pitch, and given his lack of pace and mobility, he is too easily beaten. We lose the defensive midfield battle by default.

Timleaf

Established Member
ricky1985 said:

haha, I'm exactly the same mate. Fed up to the back teeth of the same players doing the same sh*t, but cant shake the belief that our genuinely class players could drag us through to something special.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Nasri is god.

Also how did Koscielny manage to get to his feet after the collision with Squillaci. That takes some doing and believe me I know. Was clattered like that once and tried to get back to my feet only to fall almost immediately whereas Kos was able to stay upright for a good while and actually jog towards Kamara. That really takes some doing and I thought it deserves a mention.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

AnthonyG said:
Humble Rex said:
Had he stayed down after the headbutt then the ref would have had to stop play due to suspected head injury. You really can´t carry on in that half arsed manner that he did and allow Kamara to walk right through. Extremely disappointing.
Have you ever been knocked out on your feet? It's very disorientating. His instincts told him to stay up. Turns out, that was bad for us.

Agree with Ant , squillaci basically head butted him in the face , wouldn't be surprised if he broke his cheek bone and concussion doesnt always set in that very second ,.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Timleaf said:
ricky1985 said:

haha, I'm exactly the same mate. Fed up to the back teeth of the same players doing the same sh*t, but cant shake the belief that our genuinely class players could drag us through to something special.

I'm just at the stage now where i watch and just hope for the best. Can't write this team off but can't fully believe in them either.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
ricky1985 said:

Midfield was a mess from the very start of the season. Wilshere, Rosicky and Cesc cannot defend. Which means that Song has to defend for all three, and he's not that great at it, himself. Plus, his role now is to press high up the pitch, and given his lack of pace and mobility, he is too easily beaten. We lose the defensive midfield battle by default.

Please point to me the games we have played so far this season and were were dominated in the middle. The midfield is one area where we have been very strong this season, even in games that we have lost (including Chelsea game). Its true our midfield is not very defensive..well it cant based on the type of players we have. But you dont have to have the fletchers to have an effective midfield. We have controlled most games in the middle..and thats the main role of the midfield ..to control the flow of the game. Just look at barca..who is defensive minded in that middle?

I think we are doing very well in the middle with various combination. Actually Denislon improves our passing/holding game better than Wilshere but its been very good to see all the different combinations (including when Diaby was around) still allowing us to have control in the middle.

Controlling the midfield is not about not conceding goals..its the overall game and movement of the team. Dont ever expect our midfield to be better defensively than the likes of Chelsea/Manure..just like their midfield will never be better than us offensively. Its the players you have and a choice you make as a manager. I agree with Wenger's choice of the type of midfield to have..i think it will win us most games and compliments our overall game.

We have been doing well, i still think we battered Tottenham that day..just f*ing..bad luck.... but overall we are playing quite well.

KY

Established Member
I really gotta ask. When did Nasri last signed a new deal? It better not be running out soon...

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
KY said:
I really gotta ask. When did Nasri last signed a new deal? It better not be running out soon...
They are reportedly working on a new one, for the past month or so.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
outlaw_member said:
ricky1985 said:

Please point to me the games we have played so far this season and were were dominated in the middle. The midfield is one area where we have been very strong this season, even in games that we have lost (including Chelsea game). Its true our midfield is not very defensive..well it cant based on the type of players we have. But you dont have to have the fletchers to have an effective midfield. We have controlled most games in the middle..and thats the main role of the midfield ..to control the flow of the game. Just look at barca..who is defensive minded in that middle?

I think we are doing very well in the middle with various combination. Actually Denislon improves our passing/holding game better than Wilshere but its been very good to see all the different combinations (including when Diaby was around) still allowing us to have control in the middle.

Controlling the midfield is not about not conceding goals..its the overall game and movement of the team. Dont ever expect our midfield to be better defensively than the likes of Chelsea/Manure..just like their midfield will never be better than us offensively. Its the players you have and a choice you make as a manager. I agree with Wenger's choice of the type of midfield to have..i think it will win us most games and compliments our overall game.

We have been doing well, i still think we battered Tottenham that day..just f*ing..bad luck.... but overall we are playing quite well.

You misunderstood me. It's not about domination. The current setup enables us greater control as all three midfielders look to get forward and help facilitate our passing game, hence our ability to control has increased. The issue is when they are asked to defend, during periods when we haven't had control, that is when we are found wanting.

Humble Rex

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Humble Rex said:
Had he stayed down after the headbutt then the ref would have had to stop play due to suspected head injury. You really can´t carry on in that half arsed manner that he did and allow Kamara to walk right through. Extremely disappointing.
Have you ever been knocked out on your feet? It's very disorientating. His instincts told him to stay up. Turns out, that was bad for us.

Ant, I am no *****! Why would I have ever been knocked out?! Geez...

For the rest: blah, blah, blah...

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom