• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal v Southampton | 10th of September at 15:00 (GMT)

Outcome of Match?

• Win

Votes: 112 86.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Loss

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GOONER1991

Established Member
This was one of those games that makes me question why I watch football. I don't enjoy these games, where my heart is in my mouth for half an hour.

We ground out the win against a team we usually struggle against. 3 points and on to the next one. This team needs to build some momentum.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
We need to bin this formation, Özil basically occupies the same areas Iniesta does for Barcelona but they always have three forwards.
Guardiola has done the same with Silva, moved him back and gone with three forwards, a number 10 behind a lone striker needs to be further up the pitch.
We are basically playing 451 in every home game, with Coquelin as one of the five, no wonder we never create anything.
Look at Bayern they were playing 4231 with Muller behind Lewandowski (scoring 30 goals as opposed to Özil's 5) Robben on the right is almost a striker and Costa or Ribery on the left.

Other observations include Walcott and Chamberlain were both better at 17 than they are now and our know nothing bunch of c*nts in the crowd embarrassing themselves again with the 'hilarious' "Whoo?" shouts for ex Bayern Munich midfielder Hojbjerg.
While we have a bloke playing upfront they wouldn't recognize if he turned up at their front door wearing his full kit (with the name on the back).

Brett

Why is everyone talking as if it was not a penalty. It was not stonewall, but I have seen them given 6/10 times.

The game as such was pathetic.........the players lacked motivation.
The emirates is worse than a library. They don't even bother to cheer the team on in the last 10 mins.......if it would have been some other ground we all would be laughing.

We are so static and hardly create any clear cut chances.
Walcott returned to his usual self. Without sanchez we are dead I just hope he stays fit the entire season. Wenger definitely picked the team keeping paris in mind.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Wouldnt read too much into this game. Two new players, Xhaka, Sanchez being rested. Özil looking off the pace(though some of his interplay with Caz was sublime). Caz was the biggest positive from the match

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
For what it's worth, by the looks of it, we still seem to be caught in pre season somehow.

Lack of intensity and freshness all around the pitch. Players still aren't ready for this season.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
We started cold and they were the better side in the first 30 minutes. We started the second half lively With Perez and Özil (both of whom were annoymous in the first half) displaying great link up play. Giroud even though he got his shirt pulled for the penalty was awful when he came on. Alexis looked sharp and dangerous when came on. Between Santi and Coquelin for MOTM for me.

I am excited about the prospect of the link up play and one two touch passing with a front 4 of Perez, Alexis, Özil and Iwobi.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
S'ton had good chances. Long always gives our defence a hard time, if he had his shooting boots we get noute from that game.

I'm one of Ox's more vocal supporters and his last performance has done nothing to justify my thoughts and feelings. He was absolutely awful today. His confidence is an issue.

His Dad and Wenger have always said he is a confidence player, maybe they need to start considering that he actually lacks the technical skill and know how to be a top footballer. He has never been a good passer, his shooting is hit and miss, more miss, sometimes he can dribble, sometimes not. Basically his main attribute is pace, and we know that's not enough. For me Iwobi is ahead of him already, Ox has not improved since his first season and its possibly because he can't.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
This was one of those games that makes me question why I watch football. I don't enjoy these games, where my heart is in my mouth for half an hour.

We ground out the win against a team we usually struggle against. 3 points and on to the next one. This team needs to build some momentum.

I would be more then happy to win games like then this then threw them away in the last minutes, I agreed with you its hard but i will take it above everything:)

There is one worry, fitness wise we look far away from hitting form. but it will take a few matches i suppose.

nicky47

Established Member
I completely missed the game, couldn't even get updates, but it sounds like it was for the best. Absolutely gutted with how the game turned out, even though we were eventual winners. I was expecting more.

PSG next... And Chelsea our next opponents at home.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
There is one worry said:
Maybe we aren't being trained as hard to reduce the risk of injury. That might explain our lack of sharpness. That and late signings. On the other hand, this is how we roll some times.

Crocrodile

I love those cheeky undeserved wins.
The fact that Cazorla scored a cheeky pen
vs the orcish ghoul in goal.

Notoriety lvl +1

Koscielny with an absolute stunner.
Well done, captain.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Grinding out wins at this late stage of the season when not playing that well is a mark of champions, imo.

What's that you say...?

September?!

Sh*t.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Grinding out wins at this late stage of the season when not playing that well is a mark of champions, imo.

What's that you say...?

September?!

Sh*t.
Go back to the transfer subforum you came from. There's no place for you here.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I completely missed the game, couldn't even get updates, but it sounds like it was for the best. Absolutely gutted with how the game turned out, even though we were eventual winners. I was expecting more.

PSG next... And Chelsea our next opponents at home.

When Alexis & Iwobi came on we looked fine really. Add in Xhaka & a few more weeks for Perez to adapt we have a good team.

N

NotAUserName

His Dad and Wenger have always said he is a confidence player, maybe they need to start considering that he actually lacks the technical skill and know how to be a top footballer. He has never been a good passer, his shooting is hit and miss, more miss, sometimes he can dribble, sometimes not. Basically his main attribute is pace, and we know that's not enough. For me Iwobi is ahead of him already, Ox has not improved since his first season and its possibly because he can't.
Ox's technique is actually very good. His problem is all mental and that's why I don't think he'll succeed under Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom