• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Leicester - Sunday 14.02.2016 - 12:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
To be honest, I struggle to see the actual difference in a dive and being "entitled to go down". Sure there's contact so it technically isn't a dive but he's choosing to go down to win a penalty.

No one is even mentioning that Vardy isn't remotely interested in the ball which goes off in a completely different direction to monreal.
against Arsenal = entitled to go down. remember Rooney's dive that ended our 49 run? entitled to go down

FreeGlennHelder

We won it late. Leicester totally in it until the sending off. Once Monreal stuck his leg out he was asking for trouble, I'm sure anyone from "The invincibles" side would have gone over the same way as Vardy. Sanchez & Özil & Cech (if he was outfield) would have gone over the same way. They know the score. The rest of this team....not so sure. Still don't trust us in the run in. Sanchez has to be on point all the way.

Perception is a funny thing. If you read our forum and the Leicster forum everyone feels the ref screwed them over :)

nicky47

Established Member
Reading from 90 pages onwards is a treat, haha, amazing reactions going on!

What a moment that Welbeck goal was, I still can't believe it... I pray this pushes on from here now. Come on you Gunnnnnnnnnners!!!!!

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We won it late. Leicester totally in it until the sending off. Once Monreal stuck his leg out he was asking for trouble, I'm sure anyone from "The invincibles" side would have gone over the same way as Vardy. Sanchez & Özil & Cech (if he was outfield) would have gone over the same way. They know the score. The rest of this team....not so sure. Still don't trust us in the run in. Sanchez has to be on point all the way.

Perception is a funny thing. If you read our forum and the Leicster forum everyone feels the ref screwed them over :)

Even if it is a penalty, Özil should of had a free kick before that. The red card looks harsh because it was in quick succession, when really he should of been carded earlier for doing in throughout the first half.

Balance is key

There havnt been one single game we didnt win, in the last 10 years where our fans didnt complain about the ref - There have even been criticism of Özil inhere when he didnt take an easy penalty but stayed on his feet rather than go down.

Wenger is one of the worst managers to blame refs, luck, weather, rules etc on a loss.

Not to mention our onfield antics - I can understand why neutrals are sick and tired of Giroud spending so much time on his back, complaining to the ref or other players - sadly he isnt the only one of our players to do so.

it might be because I watch more of our games and interact more with our fans - but I can see why our fanbase + wenger got a reputation for being the ones who whines the most

Gooner_girl14

The ref had a shocker I think, let so many fouls go in the first half then went card crazy in the second. The penalty should not have ensued as Özil was fouled by Morgan just before they broke. We should have had a penalty from Kante hand ball earlier. Simpson definitely deserved the sending off. And Drinkwater probably deserved a red for that high tackle on Aaron (but as Simpson was sent off not long prior, he probably thought it harsh) !

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There havnt been one single game we didnt win, in the last 10 years where our fans didnt complain about the ref - There have even been criticism of Özil inhere when he didnt take an easy penalty but stayed on his feet rather than go down.

Wenger is one of the worst managers to blame refs, luck, weather, rules etc on a loss.

Not to mention our onfield antics - I can understand why neutrals are sick and tired of Giroud spending so much time on his back, complaining to the ref or other players - sadly he isnt the only one of our players to do so.

it might be because I watch more of our games and interact more with our fans - but I can see why our fanbase + wenger got a reputation for being the ones who whines the most
as much as I don't like that kind of act, remember the days our team didn't complain at all and referees got away with murder?
Eduardo & Ramsey incident happened during those period I think

Are Leicester fans and neutrals stupid?

There was not a single incorrect decision that went against them through out that whole match.

Not even one.

kopzilla

Always Negative
We might have edged it even if it was 11 v 11 ..its just how we build momentum gradually in the 2nd half...they defended admirably but our finishing was just shocking...I mean look at Sanchez with his airshot...

Balance is key

as much as I don't like that kind of act, remember the days our team didn't complain at all and referees got away with murder?
Eduardo & Ramsey incident happened during those period I think

I loved it from our fans - pressuring Atkinson - Dont really think players doing it got much of an impact, but cant really blame them, seeing as everyone does it.

Still a firm believer in that a dive should be punished to fit the crime - How much impact does a dive in the penalty area have if its given? is it only worthy of a yellow?

I would not think it harsh if a dive in the area or one that gets a player sent off is punished by lethal injection - but I can live with a 2 month ban : O)

Pretty much never giving out even a yellow for trying to cheat - something is seriously wrong and the rules got most of the blame.

Balance is key

the moment Coq (on a yellow) pushed Mahrez when he was subbed off, I thought he was gonna get a second yellow.

he likely should have if Atkinson was consistent - Tbh I dont think Simpson should have been sent off - it was technically possible but most games would end up with 14 players on the pitch if the line was to be followed.

100% sure Atkinson saw his mistake regarding our penalty in the first half and tried to make up for it

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The thing about that Vardy penalty is that while it may be a penalty. It shouldn’t be, or at least pundits shouldn’t justify it.

You can’t condemn someone for diving to win a penalty or card and then condone that sort of play; they’re at the same end of the spectrum.

I don’t blame the ref for giving it, in real time it’s a tough call but Leicester should never of been in that position, Morgan was so far over Özil he could of given him a Valentine’s day surprise.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
@albakos lad, going on a liking spree.

Don't blame me. As I mentioned elsewhere, I caught only the last 5 minutes of the game right in time for Danny goal and it was absolutely bonkers :)
I am almost through to reading the matchday thread and I almost feel equally the same enjoyment by reading the replies of when the goal went in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom