• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Chelsea vs Arsenal 20/01/13 - 13:30 SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
Wenger "the 2nd half convinced me i dont need to buy".

Can someone deny or assure that this quote actually happened?

dyeruz

Established Member
La Sagna said:
dyeruz said:
This is not a Giroud flame but seriously what does the man do?

Can't play it through to him off the shoulder of the last man...not fast enough to outpace defenders

Can't play it up to to him because he gets out muscled and out jumped by defenders doubling up on him

Can't play it into him because he has no hold up play

Apart from little flicks sometimes to set up goals, and a few headers he's basically a slightly improved version of Chamakh

i was alarmed by his lack of physicality when trying to win headers, was aerially dominated by chelsea throughout.
his header in the 65-70th minute bounced loosely off the floor into cech's hand when he should have done much better.
at man city he missed a free header from a corner after he mistimed his jump, worrying trends
He may get away with it against defenders from smaller teams but as shown against proper get stuck in defenders he comes up way short.

Not only that, when you're pressing from the front and your CF can barely run then you're immediately at a disadvantage

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Giroud has some quality about him but he probably needs a season to settle in-no good for us. He really needs to get a little more physical though-as many have said he was out muscled a little too often today.

All is not lost but hopefully we can and will invest in the squad and the manager must learn to get his team firing from the git go!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

progman07 said:

No, no, no, no, no. Please, NO!

Gunner_Brody

Giroud really gotta up his game if he was a squad option that would be fine but for our first choice striker we really need better.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We made plenty of chances...like Youseif says Giroud is nothing more then a squad player...poor finisher, average link up play, hold up play of someone who is 5'10 and balance a babay deer

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
progman07 said:

Christ Jesus, this guy reminds me of Leo Di Caprio in Shutter Island.

infineon

Established Member
I felt bad for Sagna. He had a torrid time. Worryingly, he physically looked short, and it hurts because he is a proven warrior and yet he cut such a sad figure today. No help from the bench whatsoever. Jenks should have come on.

progman07

Established Member
Kroket said:
We badly missed Podolski today too.

Surely you are not serious. He would have disappeared like he always does, and did on the Euros as well. He is not up to it on the wings against good oppositions. He doesn't know what to do when he lacks space there.

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
yousif_arsenal said:
4 of Arsenal's next 5 PremierLeague fixtures at the Emirates: W.Ham (h) Liverpool (h) Stoke (h) Sunderland (a) Villa (h)

if we don't take 12-15 points from these games i will kill my self.

lmao

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
THunter said:
progman07 said:

No, no, no, no, no. Please, NO!

If that turns out to be true I can at least stop trying to convince myself we're still in the hunt for fourth place.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
For be Giroud's lack of strenght is due to hispoor balance...last week he got nudged off the ball by silva... for someone with such poor balace im really surprised he is a professional footballer.

dbig

Missed the Chelsea goals, but they could have killed off the game by the half hour mark. We clawed ourselves back into the game after that, and did quite well in the 2nd half.

Thought Coquelin's injury came at a rather inopportune time. He played well from the start of the second half, and his dribbling allowed him to bring the ball out from tight situations. Ramsey lacks his technical ability and couldn't bring the ball out from the back or in tight situations. Coquelin's positioning is also better than Ramsey's in that position, and he's also much faster.

progman07

Established Member
SA Gunner said:
progman07 said:

Christ Jesus, this guy reminds me of Leo Di Caprio in Shutter Island.

I only ready it on twitter, and I'm not sure if it's a real quote, I can imagine it though.

We'll see in the official transcript.

dyeruz

Established Member
Where did progman get those quotes? Can't see any sign of a post match interview anywhere yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom