• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Etto

Thommybhoy

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.index.hr/clanak.aspx?id=327382" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.index.hr/clanak.aspx?id=327382</a>

link from one of our web-portals that are usually first on this kind of news!!

Translation:
If you can believe sources very close to Arsenal's Boro Primorac, Arsène Wenger is very very serious about sending quite large amout of money for Dinamo's very pacey and very versatile Brasilian Etto.

Although vice-president Zdravko Mamić said with very high tone after very dissapointing Auxerre match that selling of players nor sacking the manager won't happen, that's quite to believe to happan anyway, knowing the situation at the club, but not before Christmas break.

Wenger noticed Etto in Zagreb match and he was even better on Ashburton. You will remember his part in action for huge 0-1 at that time for Eduardo's goal and that solo action just before the half time.

Although 12M Euros, that should make Mamić change his mind, have been mentioned realistic prise for this Brazilian/ soon to be Croatian, is lower.

My oppinion is that he would have hard time to get work-permit but also that he is a really big, maybe even the biggest fish together with Modrić, in Dinamo's pound.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etto</a>

stuart

Established Member
eveyone will think this is gret because he had a good game against us,we must be realistic and judge him on his overall ability,he wont be an arsenal player

daniel

His overall ability is actually very good...
But nevertheless I don't belive theese roumors...
Don't think wenger would be prepared to pay that kind of money for him...

yoinkster

why are we suddenly being linked to people now the window has closed ?!
i dont understand, theres loads of {locked} threads in TR but still ...
why the transfer gossip now ??

yoinkster

Army of Me said:
because without transfer gossip some journos would be out of a job for 9 months a year.

sounds damn good to me, might get more sudoku puzzles in the papers or sommat.
i see on the NOTW site they have a "Do you want to sell us a story" ... shall we write to them and tell them we, a-m, have contact with arsenal and have been told to expect the club to be sold :roll:

wouldnt mind signing etto though ;)

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Mostarac said:
What does Mamic want for him, €12 million? If so, that is just too much.

That is apperently what Wenger wants to give for him. It's much less I believe. Same story was for both Bosnjak and Ljubojevic when they were leaving. Dinamo. P.S. How does that thing with work permit works? I thought I understood it, but then Denilson confused me.

P.S. He peformed with same quality in every game on various positions (LM, Lwinger, RD, RM, Rwinger) until Auxerre match, where all team played way below their possibility for some reason I don't understaind.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I don't think he is interesting because he can play a winger, but more because he's very versatile. After Ashburton game Gilberto Silva asked him:"Man, are you on drugs?" I was near his side of the pitch in the second half of Auxerre game and although it really wasn't nobody's day he ran back and forward all the game all the time. From one goal out line to the other, although he played RB!

Don Pacifico

Established Member
So do you think we need/should buy him Thommyboy? I'm assuming you have seen him play fairly regularly, I could not tell from what I saw if he was any good or not. Surely if he was really good Wenger would have been alerted to him before the Champs League tie?

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I alerted here for both him and Modric but Wenger just ignored me :)
Well he is obviously a good player. He wouldn't dissapoint for sure. But he's already 25. He has amazing pace and courage and he is one of the biggest fighters on the pitch I have ever seen. I think he can't imporve more in Croatian League simply cause he needs better players to play, with all respect to every Dinamo player that deserves respect, and he defintly needs better opponents. As I said he can play practicly every position (he probably can play even LB but there was no need yet) except in the centre. He wants to have Croatian passport so he could play for our national team, and I didn't hear anyone complain about that nowhere. He would be excellent player to seat on the bench when you can have only 4 players+GK in Premier League there. He covers every position L&R with heart, pace and loyalty. He has been in Zagreb for 1.5year and he already says that this is his home and that he loves the fans who accepted him excellently. When they won league last year he was the most passionate about that and celebrated the whole way around the stadium with the fans.
One more thing, he comed into Dinamo because Inter Milan didn't have place for one more non-EU player!!! So Inter wanted to buy him.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Thanks for that Thommyboy, interesting to know that Inter were considering him. Still do not see why would need him though. Again for me, it's a case of if Wenger really wants him, then he's good enough for me.

Arsenal_FAN1983

Wow, I knew we would go after this guy. Still though its just rumours, but seems I can tell which player we go for. e.g. I always knew Wenger would target Rosicky to Arsenal.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
It's 20th minute in city derby against Zagreb and Etto made excellent lifting in the penalty area from the right side in run for Vugrinec to score a header. Just to let you know :)

nORg@

He isn't good for us , we dont need him psss....we have enough players , we just need a GK for the furtune

daniel

nORg@ said:
He isn't good for us , we dont need him psss....we have enough players , we just need a GK for the furtune

How the f**k do you know he isn't good enough...
Have you seen him play more than twice at most...?
Let the people who know what he can do comment about his potencial...

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom