• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Euro 2004: Group B Matches.

JazzG

Established Member
Henry has missed 2 very good chances with his head, should of scored with both TBH. He isn't the best on his head but should at least hit the target. Looking low on confidence, has had plenty of space in this match so should be doing much better.

JazzG

Established Member
England winning 3-1 now, 2 goals from Rooney.

France winning 2-1 as well, Henry was having a stinker but got a goal.

DOls

Thierry Henry is on fire now.
Great chance to score again from headder.

Come on Henry and the rest of the Gunners!!! ;D

DOls

France and England are through then.

I'm happy for Henry. I have aa feeling there's more to come from him.

brianfrance

Established Member
Beeing a Trezeguet fan, it's hard for me to say saha deserves his place alongside Henry, but I must say so
Well, not a good match, too much technicals' mistakes.... :(
I really prefer a France-Greece, I don't underestimate the Greek, but against Portugal what can we do now ?
I'm worried for the next math(es)

jc8gooner

Anyone know who got the assist for Henry's second goal? The Beeb didn't show it.

I guess we won't be seeing shark whingeing so much any more!

brianfrance

Established Member
Well the second goal :
Free Kick in the middle of the pitch for France. Santini lauch Saha for Trez
Saha enter the pitch, the free kick directly on his head, and decisive pass to Henry. Simply, 10 seconds, 1 assist..... Trez 21 balls and 1 shoot all the time he was on the pitch :(

Sammer

Established Member
France was lucky in my view. There was absolutely almost no movement whatsoever and they continued their lacklustre performance today - except for the last 10 minutes.

Silvestre was again horrible - when will that ***** Santini learn, Brian? What is the f*cking matter with this guy.

Viera had a sh*tty match today - for most of the match the Swiss could easily go through center midfield.

Pires´effort was good, but he had noone to pass to most of the time.

A lot of french players should think about their effort: almost no dynamic movement, no creative play....against the Swiss.

I thought it was (again) a shocking performance, considering the amount of world class players on the pitch.

JazzG

Established Member
Henry looked much more confident when he got his goal, am really happy for him. He looks to have got his confidence back again. Pires was also excellent imo. Big players need to peak at the right time for the big teams, this looks like it is happening for France......

Heard Cole and Campbell were good as well. Good to see the Arsenal players having good tournaments.

Sol man

Very happy to see Titi score. He has not looked himsef lately.

Ther have been only two good teams in this competition and those are the Czech and England. I have a funny feeling that Football might be coming home.

EJub

Trezeguet seems to mess up traffic in the box for Henry. Not Trezeguet's fault really, but Trezeguet is usually in the box. Henry ususally doesn't have someone playing so close. Trezeguet brings an extra player into the box with him and Henry has been passsing a lot as he is not so selfish and has less room to work with.

Henry scored immediately when Trezeguet came off, but this was a bit of a coincidence. But he scored again!

If Saha drifts up too much, there could be the same issue. And to be fair, Henry could be conjesting the area for Trezeguet at times. But I would have to say some of Henry's passes to Trezeguet should have lead to shots.

n_henry

I'm glad he scored. :D

So, is the **** Santini gonna go for Saha and Henry up front? I hope he gives Trez another shot first... Henry and Trez have been the top 2 for France for the past few years, and I think the Henry (at least) is now getting into the tournament, which will help Trez.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom