• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Euro Cup 2004 Draw...

Ridge

man i m so excited, now keep on refreshing..

i dont really hope France and Holland get in the same group/..

JazzG

Established Member
Group A

Portugal
Greece
Spain
Russia

Group B

France
England
Switzerland
Croatia

Group C

Sweden
Bulgaria
Denmark
Italy

Group D
Czech Rep
Latvia
Germany
Netherlands

England are gonna get whooped :shock: They have one mother of a team. They aren't arrogent anymore, their players are flying, they have a good coach and don't have internal problems in the squad.

Pires, Zidane, Vieira, Trezguet..............oh and Henry, good luck your gonna need it!

Sammer

Established Member
Other than France, Englands groups isn´t too bad. They´ll finish 2nd after France imo.

I agree with Bloom Bloom about group D being the "group of death" :evil:

Arjan

Strange, why call group D the group of death?????

In holland we don't think we are in the group of death!

First up Germany, always nice to start with, second the czech republic, whom beaten us, so another change for a good result, and we finish with letland......

No group of death IMO!!!

Sammer

Established Member
Sorry Arjan, but neither the Dutch nor the Germans are going to beat the Czechs.

Holland has excellent players, but a ****ty team spirit (beating Scotland doesnt really prove that wrong).

The Czechs are the ONLY team who have beaten France since the WC 2002, they are imo next to France and Italy up for the title.

Then again, Germany has seen better times, but always seems to be able to pull their **** together in big tournaments.

We´ll see how it goes, but in the end I reckon the Czechs finish at No1 and it will be between Germany and Holland for No2.

thegame24

Established Member
suprise suprise they giv greece a ****ed up group.

oh well they just hav to go beat spain.... AGAIN
and then not loose to Portugal AGAIN.

****in france get easy group but i dont care as i want them to win.

Andrew

At least at Euro 2004 all the teams are quality, unlike the World Cup.

Here's how i rate the groups in terms of difficulty.

1. Group D - three great teams and one (possible?) easybeat.
2. Group A - Quite evenly matched IMO.
3. Group B - France are the ones to beat. England are no push-overs and Croatia or Switzerland might cause an upset and get through.
4. Group C - Wow... I've put this down as the easiest group but if this were the world cup it would be the group of death! Italy are the standouts but are not certainties... anyone could go through.

If I were a betting man I would put my money on France to go through out of all the teams. After that I would pick Italy. My upset at this stage would be Greece. They did well in a friendly against Portugal recently and beat Spain if I'm not mistaken. Portugal and Spain aren't exactly over-acheivers as well so I think Greece could spring a suprise.

Sammer

Established Member
Good analysis Andrew.

I agree with Greece being up for a surprise - they have absolutely nothing to loose.

However, I kind of think, that France and England should make it group B (although France will finish as No1, they are jus too f*cking brilliant these days).

Group C should be an easy one for Italy. OK, Denmark and Sweden are alright, but I don´t see another main contender there.

For me its between France, Italy and Czechoslovakia....it will be an interesting Euro 2004 for sure !

A

Anonymous

England v France hhhhhhmmmmm.
How can i want a team with garry neville in it to beat a team with henry in it??? I cant! lol.

Come on France!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I agree with Patrick that group A looks just as bad as group D. I think England should qualify with the French. England are much better then the Swiss and the Croatians. Italy always see to get a easyish group. :roll:

Spartan

come on Greece!!!

i had ticket confirmations a couple of weeks ago but i had to cancel them...my best mate is getting married on jun 13, stoopid date to get married, i would've been to the opening match as well....damn!!! :cry: :(

patrick42uk

Established Member
i think all the groups have a potential for an upset of some form. this championship is going to be very competitive. any team short of their best will suffer, looking forward to it.

Adam

Established Member
Hah, France Vs England. We have little hope there unless the defence is as solid as it possibly could be. Then i do not see England winning any sort of midfield battle.

Sammer

Established Member
Sorry to say, but if France keeps playing like they have been in the last months, I simply cannot see England winning.

Switzerland and Croatia don´t look to dangerous - so I definately see England and France go in the 2nd round.

A

Anonymous

My favourites are

Group A: Portugal & Spain
Group B: France & England
Group C: Sweden & Italy
Group D: Czech Rep. & Holland

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom