• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Euro Cup 2004 Draw...

Sammer

Established Member
piresthebest said:
My favourites are

Group A: Portugal & Spain
Group B: France & England
Group C: Sweden & Italy
Group D: Czech Rep. & Holland

Yep - that´s would everyone expects, although there will be a few suprises.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Pel - you're close to a ban already! (Only joking).

Spain are going to kick arse in this tournament, 'cos we can't get knocked out by bent refs AGAIN!

England - no chance at all. Just not good enough.

patrick42uk

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
Pel - you're close to a ban already! (Only joking).

Spain are going to kick arse in this tournament, 'cos we can't get knocked out by bent refs AGAIN!

England - no chance at all. Just not good enough.

exiled, how big is spain v portugal?

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
well, Spain has two 'derbys'. Against Portugal and Italy.

Spain v Italy is like England v Scotland, whereas v Portugal is more like England v Wales.

Spartan

dont forget Greece now...we beat Spain and drew with Portugal a couple of weeks ago in a friendly with 10 men for over an hour 8)

Anders Limpar

Everyone seem to think group C is the easiest. that suit us just fine :twisted:

Sweden and Denmark might not have the best players in the world but when it comes to being a team, fighting for each other, organization etc we have few contenders in the world...

...in Italy people celerate being in group C but I promise we'll give them hell. It won't be beautiful but who cares!!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
These are my picks to advance

Group A:
Spain
Portugal

Group B:
France
England

Group C:
Italy
Bulgaria (My Bold Prediction)

Group D:
Czech Republic
Holland

Adam

Established Member
USArsenal said:
These are my picks to advance

Group A:
Spain
Portugal

Group B:
France
England

Group C:
Italy
Bulgaria (My Bold Prediction)

Group D:
Czech Republic
Holland

Lol, must admit that bold one sticks out like a sore thumb. What are your reasons for this? I can't think of many players that they have who can make an impact - not sure if this is me being naive. I remember the days of Hristov Stoichkov however.

lewdikris

Established Member
I'll stick my scandinavian neck out and predict Denmark and Sweden might do for Italy. Italy's midfield is sadly prosaic - workmanlike, despite the brilliance in defence and upfront. I can't see them winning it - and can see Denmark's multitude of nippy wingers particularly giving them a really hard time. Plus I expect Larsson to come out of international retirement for one last go.

England France is gunner be great. France will probably win, but England do have a decent shot - but only if their first choice team is fit. With anyone missing, we're not half as hot a prospect.

Dunno why anyone expects great things of the Czechs. They did really well in qualifying, but beyond Nedved and Rosicky I don't think they have the players to prosper in the toughest mother of all competitions.

patrick42uk

Established Member
lewdikris said:
I'll stick my scandinavian neck out and predict Denmark and Sweden might do for Italy. Italy's midfield is sadly prosaic - workmanlike.

are you suggesting the italian midfield lacks creativity? fiore, doni, cassano, totti all attacking midfielders/attackers who do play in midfield and are very creative. it is more down to the boldness of the manager in playing these players. i can strongly say italy's squad is far stronger than england's and definitly sweden or denmark. in fact thaey probably have the third strongest squad behind france and the nethrlands, in terms of spread of world class players

Adam

Established Member
I'd agree with Lewdikris that none of them stick out as excellent attacking talents. Their midfield bruts are of a higher quality than their offensive midfield counterparts.

If Totti was played in midfield, that is. And he is not natural there.

JazzG

Established Member
Don't forget Del Piero, one of the finest players I've had the pleasure of watching. Injuries have screwed him up though :(

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Adam said:
Lol, must admit that bold one sticks out like a sore thumb. What are your reasons for this? I can't think of many players that they have who can make an impact - not sure if this is me being naive. I remember the days of Hristov Stoichkov however.

i dont really have a reason for it.. i dont think Denmark is that great other than tomasson and maybe 1 or 2 others... Sweden, well i think they are over-rated too.. they dont have any proven scorers now that Larsson is done... Freddie is great, but he cant carry that team.......

just a bold prediction, i may not be right, and they may score 1 goal and get hammered

Superdudes

i don't think that holland will get through.. the czech have an impressive records against them.. if anyone might think this is the time that its gonna be a reverse, i'm afraid not.. the coach still can't decide on his stiking choices, making the team spirit down.. i rate england the same as france.. england have a great record under sven and with johnson probably playing at right back instead of neville.. i say hmmm.. kinda feasible.. this might be england best defence with =cole terry campbell johnson= since ferdinand is having a case looming over his head.. but nobody knows the future.. a team display might be affected if one or two of their star players gets injured or whatsoever.. but if all things well i predict that:

group a (spain gonna be surprised)
portugal and greece

group b (the easiest to predict)
france and england

group c (the most evenly rated)
sweden and italy/denmark

group d (group of death)
czech and germany

spain like holland have class players but their team perforamence aren't that classy.. greece might want to prove that its qualifiers display wasn't a one off thingy.. portugal on home soil would go far..

switzerland and croatia though good, will not create havoc for both france and england..

sweden, denmark and italy might be frontrunners.. but bulgaria will show that it can match the big guns.. even then, i don't think that bulgaria can progress.. sweden will emerge 1st with italy and denmark chasing for the second spot.. italy might have great defence but denmark is speedy at its wings and will expose maldini especially..

latvia sticks like a sore thumb here.. the czech, germans and holland will prove too good for them.. the czech diligent play is sure to qualify them.. the germans are the second best team in the world as the world cup have shown.. though its showing weren't that good i believe that it can match holland.. but one thing that the germans have and that holland don't is that they have team spirit..

this will be my predictions if all things went to plan.. :) but be sure to get betting sllips for greece.. :D

Sammer

Established Member
Superdudes said:
i don't think that holland will get through.. the czech have an impressive records against them.. if anyone might think this is the time that its gonna be a reverse, i'm afraid not.. the coach still can't decide on his stiking choices, making the team spirit down.. i rate england the same as france.. england have a great record under sven and with johnson probably playing at right back instead of neville.. i say hmmm.. kinda feasible.. this might be england best defence with =cole terry campbell johnson= since ferdinand is having a case looming over his head..

I agree with Holland being vulnerable, since they have absolutely no team spirit. The win over Scotland can´t conceal, that players do not particularly like each other. Holland had to deal with these rivalry issues for a long time now and Advocaat has not been able to solve the problems. If Holland does not win the first game, the trouble starts again.

Rating England the same as France goes to far imo, although I agree with England having a decent defence.

But midfield and offence are clearly inferior to France....England winning over France will only happen, when Zidane is injured or the french have a really bad day.

In the Italy group, everyone could get through.

With Spain, I am not so sure - I´d see Greece as a suprise team being able to qualify next to Portugal.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom