• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League R16 Draw: Sporting CP v Arsenal

14Henry

Looking for receipts šŸ‘€
My post was based on the group stage as per:
You have to consider but that the EL is significantly easier than the CL.

For example some years we were getting Dundalk on a Thursday while say Liverpool were getting Porto/Benfica or someone like that on a Wednesday night. We could play half a team thought Liverpool couldn't.

Also that idea is only looking at it 1 way. CL to PL and not PL to CL.

For example Liverpool played on Saturday evening and then had to play Real on Tuesday. That could be similar in the group phase. So you may get more rest for your PL game but less rest for your European game.

Either way we have seen big teams go deep in both European competitions and the league. The best players can play twice a week. I expect us to put up a decent performance in the EL.

Reactions: A_G

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
With our second string line up (as we should be playing) there is a lot of them teams we will not be favourite against

I donā€™t reckon our second team is favourites against bayer first team, for instance

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

Shakhtar would be terrible travel time, need to avoid that.

I donā€™t get why people want Shakhtar because they somehow ā€œscrewedā€ us over Mudryk?

Getting screwed is what Utd done to Real Madrid years back with the fax machine or Ziyechā€™s move to PSG falling through. The Mudryk one was simply business and Chelsea horribly overpaid for him. Itā€™s clearly how the market is setup these days, teams are using other transfers to benchmark valuations for their own players.

14Henry

With our second string line up (as we should be playing) there is a lot of them teams we will not be favourite against

I donā€™t reckon our second team is favourites against bayer first team, for instance
Our full second team would struggle to beat the worst team in the PL. A lot of these teams would be around mid table in the PL.

In order to progress in the last 16 we will need to play at least 5/6 first team players blended with the likes of Tierney/Tomi/Trossard/Vieira/ESR.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­

Can't see us play majority of 2nd team so guys like Saka one of Gabriel or Saliba and Xhaka Partey will all starts. Can see only 3-4 max bench players starting

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Why the change of heart? Weren't you saying mix of first team and squad players?

You actually think we would beat most of those teams with? Or don't you care about the EL now?

Turner
Tomi
Holding
Kirwior
Tierney
Jorginho
Vieira
ESR
Nelson
Eddie (no other choice)
Trossard

Just Jesus in that setup mate, because I want him to pick up some momentum for our run in.

14Henry

Just Jesus in that setup mate, because I want him to pick up some momentum for our run in.
So that same team but with Jesus if fit? I think we would struggle with that team to be honest. We need 4 or 5 first teamers in there. There would be 0 cohesion and not enough quality with wholesale changes.

SA Gunner

So that same team but with Jesus if fit? I think we would struggle with that team to be honest. We need 4 or 5 first teamers in there. There would be 0 cohesion and not enough quality with wholesale changes.

I'd say we could replace many and still play a good game.

Below is the team that lost to City away, that's only 4 first teamers against one of the best teams in Europe. No offence, but I'd say we could rest even more first teamers against EL opposition.

Replace Saka, Xhaka, TP5, Gabriel with Nelson, Smith Rowe, Jorginho, Kiwiour and its still strong.

1677233481763.png

14Henry

I'd say we could replace many and still play a good game.

Below is the team that lost to City away, that's only 4 first teamers against one of the best teams in Europe. No offence, but I'd say we could rest even more first teamers against EL opposition.

Replace Saka, Xhaka, TP5, Gabriel with Nelson, Smith Rowe, Jorginho, Kiwiour and its still strong.

View attachment 13225
Personally I'd go with something similar to above but Jorginho for Thomas.

I don't want us disrespecting this competition because it has a way to come back and bite you on the ass. Thinking you are above something.

Who do you want us to get in the next round any preference?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Our full second team would struggle to beat the worst team in the PL. A lot of these teams would be around mid table in the PL.

In order to progress in the last 16 we will need to play at least 5/6 first team players blended with the likes of Tierney/Tomi/Trossard/Vieira/ESR.

True. A factor I havenā€™t considered is the importance of players like Tierney and Vieira and Trossard to stay hungry in the league when called upon, so for that reason plenty of game time as long as possible in EL should be the way to go

I he plays Partey though Iā€™m gonna lose it

14Henry

True. A factor I havenā€™t considered is the importance of players like Tierney and Vieira and Trossard to stay hungry in the league when called upon, so for that reason plenty of game time as long as possible in EL should be the way to go

I he plays Partey though Iā€™m gonna lose it
Tierney, Tomi, Trossard are more like almost first team players. The drop of isn't like a proper back up like Holding. If we play 4 or 5 first teams and those players we should get through the next couple of rounds.

SA Gunner

Personally I'd go with something similar to above but Jorginho for Thomas.

I don't want us disrespecting this competition because it has a way to come back and bite you on the ass. Thinking you are above something.

Who do you want us to get in the next round any preference?

A short, easy trip, against opposition not out to break our players.

Someone in Germany should do, Leverkusen or Union Berlin. Leverkusen should be interesting as Xabi Alonso coaches them.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
I think its a bit ridiculous that we as group winners will play against the playoff winners who are almost exclusively teams that dropped out of CL group stage.

Meanwhile United will have the 2nd placed EL teams as opponents.

Yeah fair enough that United got past a CL team in the playoff, but it still doesn't sit right. Actually, the whole idea of CL teams dropping into EL needs to be abolished.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
I think its a bit ridiculous that we as group winners will play against the playoff winners who are almost exclusively teams that dropped out of CL group stage.

Meanwhile United will have the 2nd placed EL teams as opponents.

Yeah fair enough that United got past a CL team in the playoff, but it still doesn't sit right. Actually, the whole idea of CL teams dropping into EL needs to be abolished.
The ridiculous rules that CL team can play europa league after finishing 3rd in thier is stupid why you giving them other chance lol.

14Henry

The ridiculous rules that CL team can play europa league after finishing 3rd in thier is stupid why you giving them other chance lol.
Yeah it's a joke. They get to the CL and get all the royalties that come with that.

Then when they aren't good enough they drop down to a compeition where they get further money and potentially win something. It's literally win win for most of those clubs.

SA Gunner

Oh is that how it works?

I thought the top group play the bottom group.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby šŸŽ¼šŸŽµ
Why canā€™t this nerd just make the draw? We donā€™t care about how mouth watering the names are to him.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

ArsĆØne Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benficaā€™s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom