• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League R16 Draw: Sporting CP v Arsenal

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Sporting cerebral Palsy huuh. 4th in their league, should be a decent drar imo

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You can trust me on this, as Sporting is, literally, my team.

All it takes for Arsenal to go through is for Arteta not to do anything funny. Literally. Any decent XI by Arsenal should be enough to beat Sporting. I can't recall when was the last time Sporting actually had a decent game (not a result, a game).
I thought you had a pretty decent side?

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Who never plays in this formation? Us?

You think formation and tactics are learned in matches, but the 5 days they train a week they play headers and volleys.

Tomi coming in at RB. Vieira coming in for Ødegaard. Trossard for Martinelli and maybe Holding for Saliba will know exactly how we play.

The team looked pretty comfortable against City in the FA Cup especially the first half. So I really have no idea what you are on about.
Not meaning the formation, was maybe the wrong word. Meaning that all these players from the "B-Team" are nearly never playing together in competitive matches. Even if the individual quality from all players are better than the ones from Sporting, it makes such a different if the team plays like this together every week or not. You can't compare this with just training in this "formation".

Against City for example it wasn't a fully B-Team. Saka, Nketiah, Xhaka, Partey all starters and many already wanted Trossard to start games already.

Think in the defense it's overall easier to rotate players, especially fullbacks and the goalie. But in the offensive you need some rehearsal - attacks which are played so often, that's its already normal for the players. Just look at the combination from Saka and Ødegaard every game, they know excactly how to play with each other.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not meaning the formation, was maybe the wrong word. Meaning that all these players from the "B-Team" are nearly never playing together in competitive matches. Even if the individual quality from all players are better than the ones from Sporting, it makes such a different if the team plays like this together every week or not. You can't compare this with just training in this "formation".

Against City for example it wasn't a fully B-Team. Saka, Nketiah, Xhaka, Partey all starters and many already wanted Trossard to start games already.

Think in the defense it's overall easier to rotate players, especially fullbacks and the goalie. But in the offensive you need some rehearsal - attacks which are played so often, that's its already normal for the players. Just look at the combination from Saka and Ødegaard every game, they know excactly how to play with each other.
That's why you play a combination in the EL.

I don't know any big team that puts out 11 completely different players in a big cup compeition. Barcelona nor United, 2 clubs a lot bigger than us, took it serious last night.

1 on course to win the league and one in the race. They didn't think.....let's throw this to the dogs. Neither should win.

I want the league and the EL.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Looks like the boys get one last chance to say goodbye...

7cbnts.jpg

...you missed him @Mitch ?

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
You can trust me on this, as Sporting is, literally, my team.

All it takes for Arsenal to go through is for Arteta not to do anything funny. Literally. Any decent XI by Arsenal should be enough to beat Sporting. I can't recall when was the last time Sporting actually had a decent game (not a result, a game).
What has happened? Amorim is a good young coach and he was getting a lot of praise over the years. Has it all become a bit stale and both manager and team need a change?

ThePortugueseGunner

Quoted so there is no backing out. :)

...in case they happen to play the best two matches of the season against us.

The Europa League is way more important for Sporting than it is for Arsenal. Sporting players will most definitely have motivation on their side. Motivation alone isn't enough though...

I thought you had a pretty decent side?

What has happened? Amorim is a good young coach and he was getting a lot of praise over the years. Has it all become a bit stale and both manager and team need a change?

I think there was really poor planning this season. The board sold Matheus Nunes before a crucial game in August and Pedro Porro in January. The coach plays favourites and that has never helped any team in the history of teams.

Tnegs

The Europa League is way more important for Sporting than it is for Arsenal. Sporting players will most definitely have motivation on their side. Motivation alone isn't enough though...

I think there was really poor planning this season. The board sold Matheus Nunes before a crucial game in August and Pedro Porro in January. The coach plays favourites and that has never helped any team in the history of teams.

I’d say the EL is pretty important for us because not only does it give us a chance to improve on our utterly pathetic European trophy haul but it also gives guys like ESR, Tierney, Vieira and Tomi games to build up match fitness and sharpness that will benefit us in the league when we need to bring them on as subs or starters if our first 11 players get injured.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom