• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Without him being poorly advised, we probably keep him, never upgrade our training ground and don't get Henry etc. I would love to see how an alternative scenario played out. For Balogun and Co, that's the standard you aim for at their age. Its a massive contrast to Nketiah

Still really regret that we never resigned him in the January before Eduardo broke his leg. Pretty sure Van Persie was already injured at that point as well. I think with Anelka we probably win the title. Another one of those what ifs from that time period.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

What the ****...

... ridiculous Sol slander in that middle tweet :lol:

Riou

That guy needs a good beating tbh, he’s got the face for it, silly ****.

You would be lucky to find a better performing CB for England anywhere in time, always seemed to be fantastic for his country.

Riou

Good luck to Auba tonight, hopefully he takes one step closer to winning a European trophy, that he would very much deserve!

Riou

Son could never mix his skill with winning multiple major trophies...

...though Son probably won't send dirty emails to work colleagues, so we will call it a draw between the 2 of them!

Riou

Such a shame Arsène arrived when he was already 30, his ability on the ball was so underrated...

...the best English CB ever, had everything.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Such a shame Arsène arrived when he was already 30, his ability on the ball was so underrated...

A couple of better English CBs in my book
No one reads my book though

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Good.

Stick to the Fighting ****...you can dust off Kane and Son's empty trophy cabinet over there, with all the other losers.

I’d rather be me tbh than clinging on to past trophies and achievements

Riou you are truly mudded

Still love and respect you and hope to match with you on Grindr soon xx

GDeep™

League is very weak

Obviously I just caught the end of his career, but he is widely regarded as the best English defender and leader ever.

In many ways he was a little unfortunate that the bulk of his career was before the PL era and the explosion of English football.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Who was better? I think he had a longer run than Per. White and Gabriel can’t defend. Vermaelen, Mustafi etc were poor.

One of my top 5 Emirates era players.

gabriel-paulista-cropped_a60e56qjmj481fy1rotlegkm4.jpg

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Who was better? I think he had a longer run than Per. White and Gabriel can’t defend. Vermaelen, Mustafi etc were poor.
Does Campbell count? If not then you might be right tbh. It amazes me how many awful players we’ve had in the Emirates era.

However Koscielny was poor with every CB pairing apart from Mertesacker. He would play at the level of who he was next to like Djourou, Vermaelen and Mustafi. That Kos/Mustafi pairing was a nightmare.

Riou

If we are not counting Sol, then I would say the only better CB than Kos in that time is Kolo...also assume we are not talking about Adams and Keown at their best here.

If we are just talking Emirates era, then I would say he was the best...though if someone said Per was the better, then I wouldn't argue too much, as he is a close second for me.

Not been a great collection for us since the stadium move though...

Gallas was very good, but caused a lot of **** here...Djourou I quite liked, but despite having everything you wanted in a CB for a Wenger team, he didn't have the mental attributes to put it together...Verm, good but a little overrated...Luiz, far too inconsistent.

Gabriel and White are up there, tbh...but the fact 2 very recent players are high up the list, shows that CBs at the Emirates haven't been that great on a consistency level.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom