• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can someone help jog my memory;

Alexander Hleb, he was an absolute baller, such high level dribbling of both feet, werent the fastest but caused havoc.

Anyway, remind me what his cons were please, I remember he couldnt shoot for **** and if I remember correctly his passing was a bit inconsistent, what else?

Just wondering why he is such a forgotten man when he had such god tier dribbling.
He always looked for the pass rather than shoot, more so than Özil.

He’d have been one of our best ever if he rejected Barca, a level above the likes of Cazorla and Rosicky who Arsenal fans love.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
He always looked for the pass rather than shoot, more so than Özil.

He’d have been one of our best ever if he rejected Barca, a level above the likes to Cazorla and Rosicky who Arsenal fans love.

Yeah I remember him often getting so close to goal and still not pulling the trigger, checked his stats and 130 games 10 goals, didnt think it was that bad, 20 assists.

Just read his biggest regret is leaving for Barcelona.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Anyway, remind me what his cons were please, I remember he couldnt shoot for **** and if I remember correctly his passing was a bit inconsistent, what else?

Just wondering why he is such a forgotten man when he had such god tier dribbling.

That was it really. Just didn't score enough for an Arsenal attacker who started as often as he did. Achieved nothing here and left in a sh*tty way. Prior to his Barca move it came out he had icecream with the execs of one of the Italian teams - one of the Milans can't remember which.

Joy to watch once he was settled though, he and Adebayor taught me to be patient with new signings because they looked like dogshit early doors. Replaced some huge names too so took a while to win over some.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I remember him often getting so close to goal and still not pulling the trigger, checked his stats and 130 games 10 goals, didnt think it was that bad, 20 assists.

Just read his biggest regret is leaving for Barcelona.
His technical ability was ridiculous, the best I’ve seen at Arsenal I think. Used to always turn up in big games too, the CL run in 06 and away games at places like Anfield and Stamford Bridge.

I loved him back then.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
That was it really. Just didn't score enough for an Arsenal attacker who started as often as he did. Achieved nothing here and left in a sh*tty way. Prior to his Barca move it came out he had icecream with the execs of one of the Italian teams - AC or somebody.

Joy to watch once he was settled though, he and Adebayor taught me to be patient with new signings because they looked like dogshit early doors. The replaced some huge names too, they didn't have it easy.
His technical ability was ridiculous, the best I’ve seen at Arsenal I think. Used to always turn up in big games too, the CL run in 06 and away games at places like Anfield and Stamford Bridge.

I loved him back then.

Genuinely sitting here a little pissed off that he didnt do more, just watched a few YouTube comps and he was just ridiculous on the ball.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Alexander Hleb, he was an absolute baller, such high level dribbling of both feet, werent the fastest but caused havoc.

Other than shooting he had everything. Could use both feet, go either way, link up play was out of this world, his technique was as good as anyone, never looked like he was running - guy was gliding.

He openly regretted his Barcelona move.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member

Almost non-existent end product, especially for a player of his technical ability who played an attacking role. He wasn't with us for an extended period of time, and he bounced just as he started to come into his own.

Iirc Cesc, Flamini, Rosicky, and Hleb were close friends at the time (may still be now, idk), and you could see their chemistry on the pitch during that 07-08 season. A shame he left for Barca really, lose-lose all-around.

That was it really. Just didn't score enough for an Arsenal attacker who started as often as he did. Achieved nothing here and left in a sh*tty way. Prior to his Barca move it came out he had icecream with the execs of one of the Italian teams - one of the Milans can't remember which.

Joy to watch once he was settled though, he and Adebayor taught me to be patient with new signings because they looked like dogshit early doors. Replaced some huge names too so took a while to win over some.
It was Inter. Wenger was furious iirc.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Genuinely sitting here a little pissed off that he didnt do more, just watched a few YouTube comps and he was just ridiculous on the ball.

You watched any of his Stuttgart stuff? he was f*cked.

I didn't clock how good he was until I saw him play behind the striker for us after a VP injury. Was whatever on the right, when he was used on the left and central yeah he was a completely different player.

He did ballet as a kid which makes a lot of sense his change of direction on the ball was ridiculous.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Iirc Cesc, Flamini, Rosicky, and Hleb were close friends at the time (may still be now, idk), and you could see their chemistry on the pitch during that 07-08 season. A shame he left for Barca really, lose-lose all-around.

Glad you brought this up, it makes a big difference. Some huge characters had left as well which coincided with these guys coming out of their shell.

It was frustrating, Wenger came close to building great teams a few times at the Emirates but someone would leave or we'd be 2 signings short and never pulled the trigger.

It was Inter. Wenger was furious iirc.
Memory was foggy, cheers.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
You watched any of his Stuttgart stuff? he was f*cked.

I didn't clock how good he was until I saw him play behind the striker for us after a VP injury. Was whatever on the right, when he was used on the left and central yeah he was a completely different player.

He did ballet as a kid which makes a lot of sense his change of direction on the ball was ridiculous.

I havent, no. Just watched the Arsenal comps as thats the player I remember, didnt watch much if any of his time at Barca due to how he left.

I only really remember him on the right for us though but he was always roaming, saying that I remember him on the right touchline quite a bit, the main memory I have of him is coming in off the line, like literally ball on the line and taking it to goal.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hleb was better than Rosicky, and I love Rozza.

He didn't stay here long enough, and he doesn't really have a legacy anywhere...which is sad, considering how good he was...the Barca move was dumb on his part.

That 07-08 YouTube comp of his set to Ladytron, is one of my favourites.

vantoure

Other than shooting he had everything. Could use both feet, go either way, link up play was out of this world, his technique was as good as anyone, never looked like he was running - guy was gliding.

He openly regretted his Barcelona move.
yeah, actually quite fond of him.

Riou

...shame how it went for him with injuries when he moved to Juve, but he should always be very welcomed at The Emirates!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

According to BILD information, Jens Lehmann went onto his neighbor's property with a chainsaw and severed the roof beams of the new garage! And: In order to remain undetected, he had apparently previously torn off the cable from a surveillance camera.

Absolute lunatic, never did like him

Riou

Whats Son and Kanes numbers together and how do they compare with Henry and Bergkamps?

Statically they are the best, tbf.

Think the top 5 are...

1. Kane and Son
2. Lampard and Drogba
3. Henry and Pires
4. Aguero and Silva
5. Cole and Yorke or Ronaldo and Rooney.

...in terms of amount of goals and assists, they have provided eachother.

I know you don't care about it, but it is quite funny how the Sp**s pair is the only one there to not win a trophy...they do live up to their meme at all times!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Statically they are the best, tbf.

Think the top 5 are...

1. Kane and Son
2. Lampard and Drogba
3. Henry and Pires
4. Aguero and Silva
5. Cole and Yorke or Ronaldo and Rooney.

...in terms of amount of goals and assists, they have provided eachother.

I know you don't care about it, but it is quite funny how the Sp**s pair is the only one there to not win a trophy...they do live up to their meme at all times!

We just view the sport differentely, thats all. I take the piss out of you but its all fine and dandy, still a top contributor to the forum in my book.

Still a nostalgia merchant tho

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom