• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheCourier

psycho said:
yousif_arsenal said:
and one last thing he need to stop talking with The Sun i really hate this paper.
Agreed mate. I am not sure why they continue to do it.

A non issue anyways- he just sounds a bit bitter and has been saying the same stuff for ages now. I am sure there is a way the club could make him feel involved and keep him sweet.

Im sorry but as a player the guy quite simply is a legend, but Christ in running a team or management he is the complete opposite (on history of his performances). He has real thoughts of grandeur about himself and to be honest I have turned from loving the guy to getting really miffed when he comes out and spouts the same old crap that generally is mixed with him being the saviour in his eyes. He, in my opinion is getting worse than robson on this account.

a_fourteen

Established Member
I love tony Adams but he is making a bit of a fool of himself. His status at the club is unquestionable and I'd love him in the setup but he does need to prove himself first. A good example would be Bergkamp or Solsjkaer. They've both immersed themselves in the game and will likely return to arsenal or united in some capacity. Adams instead tripped all over himself with Portsmouth and then went to some absurd place to set up a pub team. Hardly the qualifications to be managing arsenal.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Which is why any love for Tony Adams has to be left out of this. His intentions may differ, but this talk certainly does not seem to come from someone who loves his club.

I even doubt whether he really still wants to be involved at Arsenal Football Club, he isn't as daft as to think he'd still be an option for the board after all this talk to the press.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
What is wrong with Adams? I must admit I don't know anything about his supposed hatred towards Arsenal.

How did it start? Quite a legendary player, seems weird.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Wouldn't say he hates arsenal at all. Just think he's angling for the managers job post Wenger. He never misses a chance to put his foot in when Wenger screws up even though they were pretty close at one point, criticised the Bould promotion and now this. All adds up to someone who has delusions of being up for it.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
he seems mentally unstable, saying odd things and not realizing hes digging a bigger hole for himself to climb out of if he ever wants to come back to the club

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He doesn't hate us, at all, probably cares a bit too much. We as fans all understand his frustration, but I don't get how ex pros like Wrighty, Parlour, and Keown can all channel their frustrations but he can't. They're all different but Adams goes overboard a bit too often.

Wright- Arsenal are a big club, we need big players. We need to sign some World Class players so we can kick on, the likes of Chelsea are leaving us behind!
Parlour- Arsenal aren't far away, when you think of the likes of Wilshere and Cazorla, they have a lot of quality. They need to keep their key players, add one or two and really kick on.
Keown- Arsenal always maintain a level of top 4 consistency, credit goes to Arsène for that, now Arsenal just need to go up a level and challenge for honours. I'm sure Arsène will address that in the summer.

Adams- Arsenal are a million miles away, not good enough. Substandard players. Arsenal should be looking to get a new manager in and appointing me as chairman, would be beneficial long term. We need World Class players and quickly, I can't see the likes of Wilshere staying if we carry on like this. Tottenham are right on our tails, in my day, we weren't even thinking about Tottenham.

TheCourier

Taylor Gang Gunners said:
He doesn't hate us, at all, probably cares a bit too much. We as fans all understand his frustration, but I don't get how ex pros like Wrighty, Parlour, and Keown can all channel their frustrations but he can't. They're all different but Adams goes overboard a bit too often.

Wright- Arsenal are a big club, we need big players. We need to sign some World Class players so we can kick on, the likes of Chelsea are leaving us behind!
Parlour- Arsenal aren't far away, when you think of the likes of Wilshere and Cazorla, they have a lot of quality. They need to keep their key players, add one or two and really kick on.
Keown- Arsenal always maintain a level of top 4 consistency, credit goes to Arsène for that, now Arsenal just need to go up a level and challenge for honours. I'm sure Arsène will address that in the summer.

Adams- Arsenal are a million miles away, not good enough. Substandard players. Arsenal should be looking to get a new manager in and appointing me as chairman, would be beneficial long term. We need World Class players and quickly, I can't see the likes of Wilshere staying if we carry on like this. Tottenham are right on our tails, in my day, we weren't even thinking about Tottenham.

And that's the heart of it, I believe wrighty ray and keown while frustrated like us probably through inner contacts know the restrictions that have been on aw and are unwilling to throw him under the bus, even winterburn and Dixon said the same but didn't criticise Arsène. This hatred from Adams seems to stem from him being looked over for the job that bould got, but bould stuck with arsenal did his badges got on with the way arsenal now do things and deserved fully to get his shot in the sun.

I'm sorry but when you have a guy like Gary Neville who in fairness nearly all hated during his united days, coming out on the last day and in one minute put his finger slap bang on whats going on, it makes tony look like a pure bitter fool, especially if we now go out and buy Higuin and fellani this week. I'm sorry but his status just seems to be taking a nose dive with this bitter campaign.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I can never ever say a bad word against Tony and I'm disgusted at some of the things young Gooners say about him not knowing this is a man who earned the right to be called Mr Arsenal by every bloody fan in the entire UK.

Tony is not as suave as Martin, Lee, Nigel, Ray, Thierry, Dennis or Paddy. He's always been like that and if you go and watch some of his clips you'll realise that he wears his heart on his sleeve and that is in his character which made him the leader and the winner he is.

I'm sure it hurts him deeply to see the club state publicly that our target is to be in the top four rather than challenge for honours which we always did under Tony & crew and he has a hard time in understanding/dealing with how far behind we've fallen since he last played for his club.

Some people argue that he's alienating himself by constantly having a go at the board however, if he kept silent I'm sure we would've been accusing him of not caring about the club that made him everything that he's and to be honest I'd rather him being as he is now than keeping quiet and enjoy watching Arsenal from his box sipping some of the exclusive stuff that they serve to Stan and co.

Over to you Mr. Arsenal.

TheCourier

SomGooner said:
I can never ever say a bad word against Tony and I'm disgusted at some of the things young Gooners say about him not knowing this is a man who earned the right to be called Mr Arsenal by every bloody fan in the entire UK.

Tony is not as suave as Martin, Lee, Nigel, Ray, Thierry, Dennis or Paddy. He's always been like that and if you go and watch some of his clips you'll realise that he wears his heart on his sleeve and that is in his character which made him the leader and the winner he is.

I'm sure it hurts him deeply to see the club state publicly that our target is to be in the top four rather than challenge for honours which we always did under Tony & crew and he has a hard time in understanding/dealing with how far behind we've fallen since he last played for his club.

Some people argue that he's alienating himself by constantly having a go at the board however, if he kept silent I'm sure we would've been accusing him of not caring about the club that made him everything that he's and to be honest I'd rather him being as he is now than keeping quiet and enjoy watching Arsenal from his box sipping some of the exclusive stuff that they serve to Stan and co.

Over to you Mr. Arsenal.

I'm sorry was your first paragraph aimed at me, cause if so I thank your for thinking me so young :) . While he is a legend and of that there is no doubt, some of the things he has said over the past while particularly when bould got the gig, I remember on the days in question going that is crossing the line a bit. I would suggest that I am as disgusted at some of the comments in the past year that have been directed at another of our legends Arsène who has led this team to huge amounts of silverware.

Arsenal never had to challenge previously against sugar daddy clubs or the alter investment in a stadium that seems to have been bankrolled primarily by the previous ability of wenger to find pure talent that turned into money the board jumped at.(and I say the next with my teeth firmly gritted, but our decision on the approach we made was prior to stan and co taking over).

Now out of all the rubbish that has been thrown at aw he has never ever come out and attacked any of the ex players who have witch hunted him, nor has he come out and felt the need to pour out for the world what some believe is the real truth that he has done miracles these past number of seasons with no money available and the need for cl a must. Only time will tell on whether this has been the case, but I still remember the two years before he came in under Hueston and Rioch and I hope to the gods that he will stay on. I believe the celebrations at fourth were more relief then jubilation as the dam was finally going to breaking on our spending finally and I'm sorry but Arsène hasn't won all he has to suddenly want to be a fourth place finisher.

To make sure all are aware I'm firmly on aw's side and completely not on the boards.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Well..there's more :lol:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/arsenal/8789492/adams-unsure-of-higuain-move" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... guain-move</a>

Not sure if Higuain is enough and we should be aiming higher than Madrid's cast offs.

I dunno, he's like that beloved senile extended family member, comes to the family gatherings and says stuff that just makes everything awkward.

mo50

Established Member
Couple of full backs, a centre half and a goalkeeper :lol:.

Him saying "I'm glad he's got the job and not me" at the end was perfectly timed. He came across poorly in that interview, and many of his recent ones too.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
TheCourier said:
I'm sorry was your first paragraph aimed at me, cause if so I thank your for thinking me so young :)

I'm sorry no, I was referring to a group of young Gooners mostly teenagers that I've met recently and they were all talking bollocks about him whilst praising RVP, Szczęsny, Flamini and few other non relevant past and present Gunners.

I know he comes off as a bitter and clueless old tool but before we thrash the greatest captain we've ever had we must remember that he loves Arsenal FC as much as any man or woman on this planet.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
mo50 said:
Couple of full backs, a centre half and a goalkeeper :lol:.

Him saying "I'm glad he's got the job and not me" at the end was perfectly timed. He came across poorly in that interview, and many of his recent ones too.

Poorly is putting it kindly, he came across as someone who hand't watched football properly since the 90's.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
I thought that was ok actually. But it shows he values Arsenal highly to the extent that we were back when he was running the show. We can't afford Falcao's and he should be realistic but it hasn't sunk in yet.

He is Mr Arsenal an wants us to be the best we can be, I don't think it's as bitter as the headlines portray

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Next Wednesday (17.45 BST) there's a match (live on Dutch tv RTL7) to celebrate famous Ajax-player's Sjaak Swart's 75th birthday. He's still very fit, so he'll be playing himself. Lots of slightly younger former Ajax players will feature, like DB 10 and Overmars.

Yaya

Established Member
Been watching some of our old games, particularly in 07-08. Hleb contributed so much to our attack, beautiful to watch. Used to be my favorite player at the club.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom