• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nemetoss

Vieira says Arsenal and Wenger have behaved disappointingly towards him, people ask him why he isn't at Arsenal etc, says if Wenger wanted him at Arsenal, he would have asked etc.

Sad stuff. For me, should have a statue outside Arsenal.

Meh.There might not have been a position open for him to fill.Just because he wants to go into coaching doesn't mean we have to go out of our way to make it happen.

He also said,“It was out of the question to offer my services. Why would I have done it?". Jeez,he needs to get that stick out of his ass.

To get a job you make a call, send in your cv

I agree with this as well.Yeah we treat our ex players well but there's a limit.Similarly if Thierry Henry wants to manage Arsenal he needs to manage and excel at other clubs,and not just praise,whinge at us to the media.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Agree with you guys, Wenger can't open up a coaching spot whenever his ex players retire.

Not comfortable with bringing up the Real thing though, Vieira gets bashed too much for it. What's wrong with a player flirting with other clubs? You have one career and interest from Real is dream stuff. Others actually left the club - Henry.

He has taken jabs at the club since hes left. Really did flirt around with other clubs (Real saga) during his tenure here. Don't think Wenger trusts him tbf. Lastly, paddy ain't that ****in special. To get a job you make a call, send in your cv. You had no credentials, don't cry cause Arsène didn't go ringing you the minute you hung them up while chasing the money & titles when we we're broke and welcomed you back.

Don't mind the Real saga at all. Every player want's to play for Real, that just the way it is.

And Patrick Vieira is nothing special at all? Our second best captain in the history, and best midfielder the club has ever seen.

Wenger has already say there is a room for former players to come back to the club.

In my eyes. Patrick deserves more.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Don't mind the Real saga at all. Every player want's to play for Real, that just the way it is.

And Patrick Vieira is nothing special at all? Our second best captain in the history, and best midfielder the club has ever seen.

Wenger has already say there is a room for former players to come back to the club.

In my eyes. Patrick deserves more.
I think what has more weight to it is Arsène publicly saying he wants to bring him back and Patrick ****s on that and goes to city for the $$. Tip of the iceberg for me. Again like my point, special in that no one is bigger than the club. He shouldn't and didn't for good reason, get thrown a job without asking. Had he made the call, I think there would've been a different outcome. I don't see why Wenger should cater to our former captain especially in the outcomes of how he has left, on numerous occasions. Frankly, I'd rather see Dennis here than Patrick. Patrick has thrown us under the bus numerous times since he's been at City with the media as well as the whole Nasri thing.

Last edited:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Meant how he left has left a bad taste with Arsène surely on numerous occasions due to comments, picking $/rival over returning back to the club you captained, putting the gun to Arsène for 3 summers in a row. That job he has with City was most definitely in his playing contract, so of course he claims he never had to ask there. He shouldn't of assumed it would've been the same with us.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I will always have time for Paddy. It's disgraceful that he hasn't got a statue already. Without him there wouldn't be Invincibles.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

SEA, I have kept these stories for a long time but I think today it is worth sharing some of them with you. It's true that family matters should be solved internally and not in public but I am doing this so that hopefully all families can learn from what happened in mine. Also keep in mind that none of this is about money.

At the age of 17, with my first wages as a footballer, I built a house for my family and made sure they are safe. As you all know, I have received the trophy of African Player of the Year in 2008. I also brought my mother on stage with me to thank her for everything. In that same year, I brought her to London for various medical check ups. When my daughter was born, we contacted my mum to inform her but she immediately hung up the phone and didn't wanna know hear about it. Reading your recent comments, some people said my family and I should consult T.B Joshua. In 2013, I gave my mother money so she could consult him in Nigeria. She was supposed to stay for 1 week; but 2 days into her stay, I received a call saying she left. Apart from all that l also gave my mother a great amount of money to start a business of cookies and different items. Naturally, I allowed them to put my name and picture on them so they can sell more. What else can a son do in his power to support his family?

A couple years ago, I bought a house in East Lagon (Ghana) for $1.2 million. I found it normal to let my older sister, Yabo Adebayor stay in that house. I also allowed my half brother (Daniel) to stay in the same house. A few months later, I was on vacation and decided to go to that house. At my surprise, I saw many cars in the driveway. In fact, my sister decided to rent out the house without me knowing. She also kicked Daniel out of that house. Note that the house had about 15 rooms. When I called her and asked for explanation, she took about 30 minutes to abuse and insult me over the phone. I called my mother to explain the situation and she did the same as my sister. This same sister says I am ungrateful. Ask her about the car she is driving or anything she is selling today?

My brother Kola Adebayor, has now been in Germany for 25 years. He travelled back home about 4 times, at my expense. I fully cover the cost of his children's education. When I was in Monaco, he came to me and asked for money to start a business. Only God knows how much I gave him. Where is that business today?
When our brother Peter passed away, I sent Kola a great amount of money so he could fly back home. He never showed up at the burial. And today that same brother (Kola) is telling people that I am involved in Peter's death. How? He is the same brother who went and told inaccurate stories about our family to "The Sun" in other to take some money. They also sent a letter to my Club when I was in Madrid so I could get fired.

When I was in Monaco I thought it would be good to have a family of footballers. So I made sure my brother Rotimi gets into a football academy in France. Within a few months; out of 27 players, he stole 21 phones.

I would not say any anything about my brother Peter Adebayor because he is not here today. May his soul rest in peace.

My sister Lucia Adebayor keeps telling people that my dad told me to bring her to Europe. But what would be the purpose to bring her to Europe ? Everyone is here for a reason.

I was in Ghana when I received the news about my brother Peter being seriously ill. I drove the fastest I could to Togo in order to meet him and help. When I arrived, my mother said I could not see him and I should just give the money and she would solve everything. Only God knows how much I gave her that day. People are saying I didn't do anything to save my brother, Peter. Am I a fool to drive 2 hours to Togo for nothing?

I organized a meeting in 2005 to solve our family issues. When I asked them about their opinion, they said I should build each family member a house and give each of them a monthly wage.
Today I am still alive and they have already shared all my goods, just in case I die.
For all these reasons, it took very long for me to set up my foundation in Africa. Every time I try to help the people in need, they had to question me and all of them thought it was a bad idea.

If I am writing this, the main purpose is not to expose my family members. I just want other African families to learn from this. Thank you.

From Adebayor from his facebook page. Really sad story, not exclusive to footballers. Money is great and all but it tears people's families apart, rich or poor.

jerome2158

Established Member
Very sad story. I never thought adebayor to be the brightest player in the world, but all the same it's a terrible shame that his talent seems to go to waste, and his own family robs him of his money.

Definitely a common story though. You can't go from rags to riches without problems along the way. I hope for his sake that he fares better than many American basketball players do. Go from making millions each year to bankrupt within a year of retirement.

GDeep™

League is very weak
There's a great ESPN documentary on a similar note, where you have stories from American sportsmen who've given money to friends to start a business, given money to family and friends to buy cars, homes, pay off debt etc, some were paying for 6/7 homes. A lot of these guys went broke.

Interesting how these guys suffered when they didn't receive their weekly pay during off season or a strike, many had no savings and were living week to week. Some signed big deals, received a small initial sign on fee but got injured and missed on the full worth of the contract. To finish it all off, you retire, what then? You have so many payments, so many people depending on you, mortgages and no income anymore.

Its a great documentary if you can watch it, touches on a lot of what Ade is saying.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

There's a great ESPN documentary on a similar note, where you have stories from American sportsmen who've given money to friends to start a business, given money to family and friends to buy cars, homes, pay off debt etc, some were paying for 6/7 homes. A lot of these guys went broke.

Interesting how these guys suffered when they didn't receive their weekly pay during off season or a strike, many had no savings and were living week to week. Some signed big deals, received a small initial sign on fee but got injured and missed on the full worth of the contract. To finish it all off, you retire, what then? You have so many payments, so many people depending on you, mortgages and no income anymore.

Its a great documentary if you can watch it, touches on a lot of what Ade is saying.

Yeah man that's exactly the first thing that came to mind. Once you take a close look at where your contract will go, agents, taxes etc. the 99% of players who aren't Shaquille O'Neal or Michael Jordan and are out the league in 5 years got a long life ahead.

Football is probably kinder than American sports just because there's so many team options out there. Even average players can get a 10 year career.

One of the best documentaries I've seen.

ScotVieira

Established Member
Adebayo's stupidity has never diminished.

There is absolutely no need for the whole world to learn that he has been helping his family financially, even when they are eternally ungrateful. If he wants to stop helping them, he should stop without the need to wash such dirty linen publicly.

He is a daftie, has always been a daftie and will remain a daftie.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Has to defend himself, no? His family have been publically attacking him for a while - sooner or later you're more or less forced to give your side of the story.

a_fourteen

Established Member
I'd have more sympathy for Ade if he wasnt such a megalomaniac. The guy has literally burned every bridge he's crossed.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member

Love this sort of stuff. Seen this on Sky - just posting for others.

Footballs Greatest, in general, is great viewing. Love the historical angle.

Thanks for that video, always love watching those. He will probably always be my favorite player. I'll never forget his goal for us vs. Argentina back in 1998, couldn't believe what I was seeing.

He made me become an Arsenal fan.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom