• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations For The 2022/2023 Season

What are your expectations?

• Top 3

Votes: 30 20.5%
  • Top 4

Votes: 25 17.1%
  • Top 4 + Deep cup runs

Votes: 74 50.7%
  • Top 6

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Top 6 + Deep cup runs

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • No Expectations

Votes: 7 4.8%

• Total voters

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Wish I could get all giddy about this now. But then I remember matchday 3 last season.

I want to see us continue getting the points (maximum please), and then completely dominate Spuds at the carpet. Then Ill concede on top four and our chances there.

For now, I see us at that team who bottled it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You can do what you want lad. It’s not like you can take legal proceedings if we don’t win the league or get top 4 🤣 Just try and enjoy it eh…
I won't cry or throw a tantrum like you did when we finished 2nd in 2016 though.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I won't cry or throw a tantrum like you did when we finished 2nd in 2016 though.
Lad, you cry every time we win a game of football. I can’t imagine what you’d be like if we won the league 🥹

And Ive got no idea and neither do I care how you reacted in 2016 tbh ( I was just as disappointed as anybody else FYI) Weird reply. But then you were so bereft of anything else to say, you thought you’d pluck a false one from Trax’s anus. Never a good idea boss 👍🏼

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
you thought you’d pluck a false one from Trax’s anus. Never a good idea boss 👍🏼
That's the plot of one of my favorite movies, Three Kings..

images

bergholt

Don't care about cup runs even EL, all the effort needs to go to the league and keeping guys fit for that. We're in this with a serious chance of top few if we keep fit and firing. Going to need luck though.

Regista21

Don't care about cup runs even EL, all the effort needs to go to the league and keeping guys fit for that. We're in this with a serious chance of top few if we keep fit and firing. Going to need luck though.
We need to focus on EL, too. It's a pathway to the Champions League, a continental title and a competition where we have realistic chances of winning. Also, winning it give us two privileges - be in the pot 1 of 2023-24 UCL draw and play the UEFA Supercup. It should be over Carabao and FA Cup in the order of priorities.

blrgooner

Established Member
The sexuals told last season to adjust our expectations according to evolving situations.

Can we now adjust expectations for the title now that the situation has changed and our rivals are all looking vulnerable?
I see that the outers have already started narratives like "Rivals are vulnerable" so that if we do improve this season and get top 4 or top 3 even getting lets say around 75-78 points, one can still remain Arteta out because rivals were vulnerable this season. Quite an early start I would say.

Makavelii

I see that the outers have already started narratives like "Rivals are vulnerable" so that if we do improve this season and get top 4 or top 3 even getting lets say around 75-78 points, one can still remain Arteta out because rivals were vulnerable this season. Quite an early start I would say.
Why are people Arteta our if we’re doing well?
I don’t get it.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Why are people Arteta our if we’re doing well?
I don’t get it.
1. Arteta binned some of their favorite players
2. They made up their mind that he had to be sacked in the first half of the 20/21 season (which is valid given the results and performance in general). Want to hold on to that stand and be proved right I guess.
3. Some are pissed that he's being backed by KSE in the market while Wenger didn't get the same backing (which is actually sad, given that I feel that with similar backing we would have won more titles with Wenger) But how this is Arteta’s fault I'll never know.
4. Unfortunately some Arteta fans have been too critical of Wenger in the past. So some die hard Wenger fans want to get back at them by ****ting on Arteta. Again this isn't Arteta’s fault. Arteta clearly loves Wenger and basically begged him to come back to the club in some role.
5. They genuinely hate his character.

I'm sure there's more. I'll let them do the honors.

Mraven

2. They made up their mind that he had to be sacked in the first half of the 20/21 season (which is valid given the results and performance in general). Want to hold on to that stand and be proved right I guess.
3. Some are pissed that he's being backed by KSE in the market while Wenger didn't get the same backing (which is actually sad, given that I feel that with similar backing we would have won more titles with Wenger) But how this is Arteta’s fault I'll never know.
4. Unfortunately some Arteta fans have been too critical of Wenger in the past. So some die hard Wenger fans want to get back at them by ****ting on Arteta. Again this isn't Arteta’s fault. Arteta clearly loves Wenger and basically begged him to come back to the club in some role.

Commitment is one of the strongest social influences. Once you put your opinion out there it’s easier to stick to it than to change your mind. That way you can avoid the discomfort of admitting you’re wrong

Makavelii

Wow. It’s sad that it has to be either Wenger or Arteta for these people.

Personally, I love Wenger and I doubt anyone can catch up to him for me.
But I also love Arteta and I’m really rooting for him to become our next Wenger and catch up to that status.

Haphazard

I think Top 4 with a good cup run (Carabao/FA/Europa) would be a very good season imo.

As I said the main tests will come in pressure matches and/or against top 6 opposition. If I see another article in the athletic about how the latest 4-0 drubbing to Liverpool was actually different....

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lad, you cry every time we win a game of football. I can’t imagine what you’d be like if we won the league 🥹

And Ive got no idea and neither do I care how you reacted in 2016 tbh ( I was just as disappointed as anybody else FYI) Weird reply. But then you were so bereft of anything else to say, you thought you’d pluck a false one from Trax’s anus. Never a good idea boss 👍🏼
Crying? Are you projecting? :lol:
Mate, I hate Arteta though, I'm the happiest person here as long as we're winning. At least you've learned you lesson from long ago when you actively wished for us to lose :lol: Sweet'n'Soulful

Look at you foaming at the mouth when I jokingly mentioned us contending for the title but you were blowing your gasket when we finished 2nd back in the day.

Kris

No. Realistically speaking, Arsenal has a clear pathway to leadership until the end of September. Our next fixtures are against Fulham (Fighting relegation, but solid), Aston Villa (Mid-table, should push for Conference, but vulnerable right now), Man United (I will enter in more details, but a realistically win), Everton (Lower group in the table, vulnerable right now) and Brentford (Lower group in the table, solid right now).
About Man United, they will probably lose their match against Liverpool, especially now that City fumbled against Newcastle and Liverpool see an opportunity to get back on track after two draws. After that, they have two matches before we face them. Those are against Southampton and Leicester. Now, depending on who they bring until the end of the window and how their team behave after the 4-0 against Brentford, there's a mix of results possible. Anyway, by the time we face them, they may be more competitive, but we should be looking for this win, as we have the better team and the better moment overall.
Now, about the title race - After those first eight matches, there's a scenario that we could get to the North London Derby (Matchday 9) with 24 points and at the top of the table. For us, this is the best scenario possible. With 30 matches left to play, 90 points in dispute, we would need 47-50 points to make top 4, so a 50% win rate. If we can bag those first 8 matches, we would be in a statistical front-runner position for top 4. That also means a lot of pressure would be on Conte to win the North London Derby, because if we are statistically in, this means the race for the other spot is between them and Tuchel's Chelsea. We all know how much Conte loves Tuchel by that point.
So up to Matchday 8th, we should only hope for top 4. Because after this, we have a wave of difficult matches. North London Derby in matchday 9 (H), Liverpool (H), Leeds (A) and Man City (H). it's a set of very unpredictable matches. Depending on how we perform in this sequence of matches in October, we can talk about title hopes or not.
We will need to make the most of our favourable fixtures before the WC. Ideally we manage to get a bit of a gap with top4 rivals and possibly even lead the table. Can't afford any easy slip-ups and we really must get a decent return from our games against city, pool and Sp**s.
After the WC our fixtures will get a lot more difficult, especially over the April-May period. Add to that the cup games and likely injury pile-up and picking up points will become much more difficult. So hopefully we'll have built a solid foundation by that time.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We will need to make the most of our favourable fixtures before the WC. Ideally we manage to get a bit of a gap with top4 rivals and possibly even lead the table. Can't afford any easy slip-ups and we really must get a decent return from our games against city, pool and Sp**s.
After the WC our fixtures will get a lot more difficult, especially over the April-May period. Add to that the cup games and likely injury pile-up and picking up points will become much more difficult. So hopefully we'll have built a solid foundation by that time.

March - May 2023 (Premier League).

Bolded games are what I consider difficult.

04/03 Bournemouth (h)
11/03 Fulham (a)
18/03 Palace (h)

01/04 Leeds (h)
08/04 Liverpool (a)
15/04 West Ham (a)

22/04 Southampton (h)
26/04 City (a)
29/04 Chelsea (h)
06/05 Newcastle (a)
13/05 Brighton (h)

20/05 Forest (a)
28/05 Wolves (h)

Tough run to end the season yes.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Its a solid early caveat, gotta hand it to them their narrative writing is top notch.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom