• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Community Shield: Arsenal v Liverpool | Saturday August 29 | KO: 16:30 BST | BT Sport

Who Will Win The Community Shield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Expecting a bit of a spanking here. Liverpool have had a weeks extra training and it seems all of their big players will play. We've had 2 sessions and one friendly, and half of the team is missing.

Good job its rhe community shield, meaning its a friendly if we lose.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Expecting a bit of a spanking here. Liverpool have had a weeks extra training and it seems all of their big players will play. We've had 2 sessions and one friendly, and half of the team is missing.

Good job its rhe community shield, meaning its a friendly if we lose.
I hope we don't risk anyone we need to destroy Fulham - a loss there would be far far more significant than being spanked today

wolfkidultman

Leno

Soares
Saliba
Luiz
Tierney
Saka

Xhaka
Maitland-Niles

Pepe
Aubameyang
Nelson

Would like to see that. We really need to see if Maitland-Niles is capable in midfield. We’re short there and he may be convinced to stay if he has the opportunity to play there but he needs to prove that he’s of the required standard.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Leno

Soares
Saliba
Luiz
Tierney
Saka

Xhaka
Maitland-Niles

Pepe
Aubameyang
Nelson

Would like to see that. We really need to see if Maitland-Niles is capable in midfield. We’re short there and he may be convinced to stay if he has the opportunity to play there but he needs to prove that he’s of the required standard.

Don't think Luiz and Pepe have been training.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Leno

Soares
Saliba
Luiz
Tierney
Saka

Xhaka
Maitland-Niles

Pepe
Aubameyang
Nelson

It'll be Nketiah upfront, Auba left, Nelson/Saka right.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Another Gazidis statDNA selection to match Gabriel, Perez, Mustafi etc. But apparently when the scouts were looking at Griezmann and de Bruyne the computer said 'No'.

Still think it's mental a man of Wenger's footballing knowledge gave the go a head for all those players.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Another Gazidis statDNA selection to match Gabriel, Perez, Mustafi etc. But apparently when the scouts were looking at Griezmann and de Bruyne the computer said 'No'.

What's funny is that Wenger literally just stopped playing most of these players too. I think it's a clear indictment of just what he thought about them. Like with Perez he barely played him at all, he tried to sell Mustafi a year after we got him. Elneny played the odd game but then in the 16/17 season he fell down to being like 5th choice in terms of CM's and only played when he had to. Kolasinac similar, when we switched back to a back 4 he just never trusted him. If this isn't evidence that perhaps the signings we were making weren't with the total backing of Wenger then I don't know what is.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We won the community shield with a starting XI worse than this 2 years ago.

Have faith guys

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What's funny is that Wenger literally just stopped playing most of these players too. I think it's a clear indictment of just what he thought about them. Like with Perez he barely played him at all, he tried to sell Mustafi a year after we got him. Elneny played the odd game but then in the 16/17 season he fell down to being like 5th choice in terms of CM's and only played when he had to. Kolasinac similar, when we switched back to a back 4 he just never trusted him. If this isn't evidence that perhaps the signings we were making weren't with the total backing of Wenger then I don't know what is.
Elneny was accidentally scouted. We were watching someone else who played for Basel and Elneny caught the eye of the scout.

I think we are in for a strange team selection today.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Still think it's mental a man of Wenger's footballing knowledge gave the go a head for all those players.
Yep, and Ferguson buying Kleberson, Djemba-Djemba, Bellion, Forlan, Veron, Alan Smith, Anderson, Obertan etc . . .threw away millions.

If only these top iconic coaches had had your experience playing on Championship Manager, they'd have known beforehand instead of looking stupid in hindsight. :lol:

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Arsène said himself he didn’t know we signed Welbeck.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Worse than what? Where is our starting XI?
The players available to start for us vs Liverpool are better than the ones that won the community shield in 2017. Alexis and Özil were missing. Giroud, Elneny, Xhaka, Welbeck and Iwobi all started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom