• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Community Shield: Arsenal v Liverpool | Saturday August 29 | KO: 16:30 BST | BT Sport

Who Will Win The Community Shield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Liverpool had 24 shots to our 3, xG 3 times ours. They're normally very clinical and rarely shoot wide like that in front of goal. There's only two reasons we won that game 1. extreme luck 2. we had enough quality in Arteta to organise some average players backed by a quality goal scorer.

Not going to suppress the truth just to suit your agenda. That's what happened. If you want to put money on that happening again you're crazy. We may actually win again, but the odds against it happening are quite large. That's football of course.
My agenda!? :lol:

You’ve constantly been looking for any chance to call any victory under Mikel, lucky. It stands out like a sore thumb, bro. I don’t recall you being so analytical of our luck under Wenger or as ready to acknowledge it. We won those games. Period. You’re lucky one day, you’re not the next, and then the next time you meet you’re more convincing. That’s football.

They used to say the same scaremongering and the end is nigh bollocks when Auba had a great conversion rate under Emery and wouldn’t shut up about what would happen when he stopped scoring... Well guess what, he didn’t stop scoring and he fired us to a trophy in Mikel’s first season...

Wenger’s gone bro. We’ve got a new manager who managed to get us a cup in his first season. Screw luck or analysing why we may well lose this meaningless game.

You’d be heavily critical of anyone with the same attitude if Wenger had just fluked wins over the best teams in the league enroute to winning the FA cup... Can you imagine? :lol:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I want to watch this but Elneny is going to start next to Xhaka which is pure pain

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
The nasty hate against our own players is pathetic. Elneny and Xhaka isnt bad guys and i rather see them in our starting eleven than parasites like Guendouzi and Özil (definitely bad guys). That doesnt mean that they are good enough for Arsenal but this hate is beyond ridicilous at this point and rather boring.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Did you do this on purpose? :lol:

I think its fine if you hate bad guys. I did hate Adebayor but dont hate Elneny because he, unlike the wh0re from Togo, isnt a bad guy. He isnt good enough for Arsenal obviously but that doesnt mean he is a bad guy. I assumed that my reference to bad guys made my point obvious.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People don't want players to see their families ffs :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Bobby Pires loved a bit of magic against Liverpool...

...him destroying Gerrard in the middle vid :drool:

Lets do this tomorrow!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

My agenda!? :lol:

You’ve constantly been looking for any chance to call any victory under Mikel, lucky. It stands out like a sore thumb, bro. I don’t recall you being so analytical of our luck under Wenger or as ready to acknowledge it. We won those games. Period. You’re lucky one day, you’re not the next, and then the next time you meet you’re more convincing. That’s football.

They used to say the same scaremongering and the end is nigh bollocks when Auba had a great conversion rate under Emery and wouldn’t shut up about what would happen when he stopped scoring... Well guess what, he didn’t stop scoring and he fired us to a trophy in Mikel’s first season...

Wenger’s gone bro. We’ve got a new manager who managed to get us a cup in his first season. Screw luck or analysing why we may well lose this meaningless game.

You’d be heavily critical of anyone with the same attitude if Wenger had just fluked wins over the best teams in the league enroute to winning the FA cup... Can you imagine? :lol:
Stop making stuff up. We weren't lucky to beat Norwich 4-0 ffs. But we were lucky to beat Liverpool. They were league champions and have a squad twice as good as ours. It's no shame.

And I wanted Arteta when Wenger left when you were still w*nking over Emery. So stop pretending you're Mikel's defender. :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We also lost games last season due to being unlucky @Makingtrax. Our win against city and Chelsea in the FA cup last season was not luck. We were clearly the better side.

I'm sure under Wenger we won some games where we were the inferior side and lost some games when the superior side. That's football.

I gotta hand it to you, you always come up with new narrative to defend Wenger even when nobody literally mentions his name :lol:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Would love to win this game, but I don't see them missing so many chances twice in a row.

Klopp has a house full of talent. Arteta is renovating by papering over cracks.

Just because we play Liverpool again doesn't mean the game is going to follow same pattern as in the previous game. They had a lot of chances that game, who is to say that will happen every time.

What you should really have mentioned is that our chances of winning have been significantly reduced by having had less preparation time than them (our season ended a week later), we have players isolating, most of our players have hardly got any minutes yet. Whereas Liverpool have been in a training camp in Austria, playing friendlies. None of their players are in isolation because they were inside a bubble for 2 weeks. Klopp can pick from a full squad minus a few injuries. Arteta will struggle to field a team for various reasons, oh and our best midfielder towards the end of the season has gone back to Madrid too meaning our midfield is absolutely gutted at the moment..

So the issue isn't so much that Klopp has a house full of talent, it is that for this game Arteta isn't even renovating the house, he has been forced to work in the shed. Hopefully temporarily while Raul Edu sorts out the Villa he was promised.

sdotzdot

Established Member
I think its fine if you hate bad guys. I did hate Adebayor but dont hate Elneny because he, unlike the wh0re from Togo, isnt a bad guy. He isnt good enough for Arsenal obviously but that doesnt mean he is a bad guy. I assumed that my reference to bad guys made my point obvious.
So it’s okay for you to decide who the “bad guys” are and only then those are the players you can hate, got it.

Sorry master, I now know how it works.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Just because we play Liverpool again doesn't mean the game is going to follow same pattern as in the previous game. They had a lot of chances that game, who is to say that will happen every time.

What you should really have mentioned is that our chances of winning have been significantly reduced by having had less preparation time than them (our season ended a week later), we have players isolating, most of our players have hardly got any minutes yet. Whereas Liverpool have been in a training camp in Austria, playing friendlies. None of their players are in isolation because they were inside a bubble for 2 weeks. Klopp can pick from a full squad minus a few injuries. Arteta will struggle to field a team for various reasons, oh and our best midfielder towards the end of the season has gone back to Madrid too meaning our midfield is absolutely gutted at the moment..

So the issue isn't so much that Klopp has a house full of talent, it is that for this game Arteta isn't even renovating the house, he has been forced to work in the shed. Hopefully temporarily while Raul Edu sorts out the Villa he was promised.
Last two paragraphs are absolutely spot on bro, which shoots your first paragraph in the foot. They're likely to have even more chances.:lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We also lost games last season due to being unlucky @Makingtrax. Our win against city and Chelsea in the FA cup last season was not luck. We were clearly the better side.

I'm sure under Wenger we won some games where we were the inferior side and lost some games when the superior side. That's football.

I gotta hand it to you, you always come up with new narrative to defend Wenger even when nobody literally mentions his name :lol:
What's any of this got to do my post about us being lucky against Liverpool? You're the one mentioning Wenger :lol: And why is he your avi? Get another one, it's ****ing insult to the great man.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Stop making stuff up. We weren't lucky to beat Norwich 4-0 ffs. But we were lucky to beat Liverpool. They were league champions and have a squad twice as good as ours. It's no shame.

And I wanted Arteta when Wenger left when you were still w*nking over Emery. So stop pretending you're Mikel's defender. :lol:
Stop pretending seeing us win under Mikel doesn’t feel like a kick up the bollocks and I’ll pretend I didn’t want Arteta before we got Emery. It’s all here, I’ll dig it up if you like.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Stop pretending seeing us win under Mikel doesn’t feel like a kick up the bollocks and I’ll pretend I didn’t want Arteta before we got Emery. It’s all here, I’ll dig it up if you like.
:lol::lol::lol: That's rich, you can count on one hand the posters on here who have desperately wanted us to win under every manager, and I'm one of them. Ashamed of reading posters saying they wanted us to lose under Wenger and Emery just it would hasten them to **** off. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.:lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol::lol::lol: That's rich, you can count on one hand the posters on here who have desperately wanted us to win under every manager, and I'm one of them. Ashamed of reading posters saying they wanted us to lose under Wenger and Emery just it would hasten them to **** off. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.:lol:
You know you’ve smoked the rat out of its hole when a man starts getting all biblical. We see you, Trax, lad. You’re on a yellow. Be careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom