• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabian Delph

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Arsenal ahead of Man Utd, Chelsea for Leeds whiz Delph

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger is ready to offer £6 million for Leeds United teenager Fabian Delph.

The Sunday Mirror says Wenger, who has already spent around £15m in signing teenagers Aaron Ramsey and Theo Walcott from the lower divisions, has now set his sights on the England Under-19 midfielder.

But the Gunners will face stiff competition for Delph's signature with big four rivals Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea all on the Bradford-born teenager's trail.

Wenger, however, is hoping his great record of nurturing young talent will prove his trump card.

Leeds boss Gary McAllister admitted: "There has been a lot of high-profile interest in Fabian, which has been kept quiet. There have been big clubs asking about his availability."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tribalfootball.com/?q=content/arsenal-ahead-man-utd-chelsea-leeds-whiz-delph" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tribalfootball.com/?q=conten ... whiz-delph</a>

patrick42uk

Established Member
I'd snap him up based on his two goals against Walsall alone. IF he has a left foot like that, an engine as has been described, is that assured technically, then clearly the boy is a star.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I guess that english talent doesn't come much cheaper than this. If we really do get him it's because he's being considered good enough compared to what we've already got, and in that case he'd be well worth a couple of million pounds.

Asterix

Established Member
Does anyone know if he'll shout at the rest of our team and scare them into not blowing a 2 goal lead with 6 minutes remaining?

Sorry, I'm still not feeling too well.

kamikaze80

Established Member
sorry, im not convinced. talent alone doesnt win you matches. we have a vacancy in CM for a fully-formed, mature adult. if delph is so good, then we should sell song, randall and lansbury as well.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1082885/Leeds-allow-Arsenal-snap-Delph-stays-Elland-Road-loan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -loan.html</a>

Leeds will allow Arsenal to snap up rising star Delph on condition he stays at Elland Road on loan

Leeds are willing to sell up-and-coming midfielder Fabian Delph, 18, to Arsenal in January — as long as they loan him back for the rest of the season.
Arsenal lead the chase for the the £6m-rated England Under 19 player, with Sunderland and Bolton also keen

article-0-023E5B78000005DC-587_468x472.jpg

Leeds are aware they will inevitably lose the player soon but want him to help them gain promotion before letting him go permanently.

M+D

Established Member
Been listed for the Player of the Month award this month as well.

Posted this in the Starlets Thread, but a decent scouting report on Delph by Steve Clarridge: Link

EDIT: found a quote by a team mate that describes his style of play:
"Fabian is rangy like the young Stevie Gerrard and has a similar passing range, short and long," said Robinson. "He also snaps you in the tackle like Gerrard. He's been whacking senior pros in training and the gaffer had to say 'slow down', but it's a sign of confidence in such a young player.

"Right now he's the first name on the teamsheet. He's going all the way to the Premier League and hopefully he'll take Leeds there, too. We can keep him because of the size of the club and his age."

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
^^ Which one is he? (I just checked and I'm pretty sure it's the chap on the right; we had a similar situation with someone else last year when it came to a photo).

patrick42uk

Established Member
I like the idea of signing this guy, but paying 6 million for him, a significant outlay for a young player, suggests the continuation of a policy that has huge question marks over its effectiveness in bringing trophies.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Makelele is a midget too.

But Leeds are in.. Division one. can't fathom the depth of this youngster though.

number_0

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
^^ Which one is he? (I just checked and I'm pretty sure it's the chap on the right; we had a similar situation with someone else last year when it came to a photo).

:lol: I remember that

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
number_0 said:
AnthonyG said:
Yeah, lol, everyone wanted or thought it was the big beast, but it turned out to be the weedy midget. Can't for the life of me remember who it was though.

JML

AnthonyG said:
number_0 said:
AnthonyG said:
Yeah, lol, everyone wanted or thought it was the big beast, but it turned out to be the weedy midget. Can't for the life of me remember who it was though.
Clement Chantome.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom