• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
We probably would have dropped of anyway, but he literally nosedived us in that second half...him over Nelson, disaster choice.

He seems to be getting skinnier and his beard worse, awful stuff.
For whatever reason, Arteta refuses to play Nelson on the right. Probably should use Jesus as a Saka sub when he’s up to speed again but this uncomfortableness with Vieira is part of his learning process too. He’s not here to just be a midfielder. Part of that opposing teams not being able to account for the status quo when facing us.

chessygoal

He must be god-like in training, I see no other explanation for him being ahead of Nelson and Smith-Rowe in our rotation.

jaystewart

There was a 25 minute period where I forgot he was on the pitch. Looks a lot more confident on the ball than last season though, which is pleasing. I honestly think a loan would suit him so he can get serious minutes week in week out.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
For whatever reason, Arteta refuses to play Nelson on the right. Probably should use Jesus as a Saka sub when he’s up to speed again but this uncomfortableness with Vieira is part of his learning process too. He’s not here to just be a midfielder. Part of that opposing teams not being able to account for the status quo when facing us.

Think inverted wingers is a fundamental part of how the attack functions, Nelson has looked good in patches on both sides so this is what I think is going on.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Had to go all the way to the 3rd page of this sub forum to find this thread on Vieira, shows you how little interest there is around him lately.

In any case, he needs to do a shift whether it's RCM or LCM, what games will Arteta trust to start him ?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Had to go all the way to the 3rd page of this sub forum to find this thread on Vieira, shows you how little interest there is around him lately.

In any case, he needs to do a shift whether it's RCM or LCM, what games will Arteta trust to start him ?

I think he's better for transitional games or game states.

Think we'll see more of him in the Champions League as a starter, and when the game is safe in the Premier League. You bring him on, along with Eddie and Martinelli, to give those through balls to break high lines later on.

TheEliteMaster100_

I think he's better for transitional games or game states.

Think we'll see more of him in the Champions League as a starter, and when the game is safe in the Premier League. You bring him on, along with Eddie and Martinelli, to give those through balls to break high lines later on.

Vieira vs Kimmich and Pavlovic? that is quite tough. Nketiah had a poor sub appearance vs Porto at the Emirates, he's resigned to the fact that he's 4th choice striker behind Trossard.

Vieira might work if he's playing ahead of Partey/Rice, I would like to see that since Vieira might be more re-assured who is behind him and he can focus on line breaking and killer final balls.

SA Gunner

Vieira vs Kimmich and Pavlovic? that is quite tough. Nketiah had a poor sub appearance vs Porto at the Emirates, he's resigned to the fact that he's 4th choice striker behind Trossard.

Vieira might work if he's playing ahead of Partey/Rice, I would like to see that since Vieira might be more re-assured who is behind him and he can focus on line breaking and killer final balls.

Its a risk yeah, I would not start Vieira in such physical games.

Think he comes on when the game state moves to counter attacks. If we get Bayern into a situation where they need to commit numbers, you want Vieira to be able to move the ball quickly to a chasing Nketiah and Martinelli.

TheEliteMaster100_

What does it say that ESR was put in midfield ahead of Vieira in a must win game vs Villa when he has been fit for weeks/?

Does that bode well for Vieira's future?

Paqueta went to West Ham for a couple of more millions (add-ons' included), in hindsight we fumbled.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
What does it say that ESR was put in midfield ahead of Vieira in a must win game vs Villa when he has been fit for weeks/?

Does that bode well for Vieira's future?

Paqueta went to West Ham for a couple of more millions (add-ons' included), in hindsight we fumbled.
Not sure as I think he is talented & did ok in his very brief cameo the other week.
Maybe ESR got the nod because he is stronger?
Tbf if Arteta had put Viera on you would get people saying what about ESR..
Off the ball tbh I'm not sure either Viera or ESR are good enough for a title chasing team certainly in tougher games.

Mudi

It was a gamble, Arteta seeing how Bernardo Silva performed thought that Vieira could be a similar player. It did not play out and I hope that he leaves in the summer for its goodwill. There is no future for him at Arsenal.

SA Gunner

It was a gamble, Arteta seeing how Bernardo Silva performed thought that Vieira could be a similar player. It did not play out and I hope that he leaves in the summer for its goodwill. There is no future for him at Arsenal.

Yeah like the guy and the directness he brings on the ball, but think it’s time.

Think if we can get 20 for him, it would be good business.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's a shame we've decided to ignore our academy, 40+M invested in Lokonga and Vieira would've been massive for the academy and we could've picked up better talent from smaller clubs.

I don't even think buying Vieira and Lokonga was a bad approach, just that Arteta is no Wenger and doesn't have that talent for finding players (getting rid of scouts doesn't help either).

Arteta needs $$$ to buy players who are ready to play so as long as he is in charge we should stop buying players who might be good one day

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom