• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I did scan through like 5 pages during the period I find there were excessive reaction to him and fair enough you have judged all of the posters base on their personality and posting style. I come from neutral state and only throw out all negative comments I can find.

Based on this it's a vague and grey area of definition of anything being said that he is a waste of money because it can always be defended by saying that it's a joke or that's the style of poster that wasn't meant to be serious or intended.

I suppose if that's your take from it fair enough.

But for me there was one guy being outright negative. The rest either weren't negative or were posts you can't draw such a definitive conclusion from.

For example go and see the Nuno thread towards the end of last season to see what proper negativity about a player looks like, here are some examples of a comments:

- "Guy is pure dog sh*t. In fact, that’s too kind. He’s cat sh*t wrapped in dog sh*t."

- "He’s so bad it’s actually hard to watch. Hope he doesn’t play for Arsenal again after this season"

- "This kid would cost us the NLD if played. Not a premier League defender Arteta, wake the eff up."

And for comparison here are comments that are NOT outright negative, they aren't outright positive either:

- "Was godawful in the first half but did well enough in the second, especially carrying the ball out to relieve pressure a few times near the end. Still terrifying to watch though."

- "Guys, stop deceiving ourselves. He is not a LB......😅"

- "Btec kolasinac but Young i suppose"

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Cool, can you name these people/posters please. I'm not talking about jokes, I'm talking about people that were dead serious in saying he's a waste of money and/or rubbish.

Please don't cop out by saying I should look for myself, or you don't have time etc etc. You obviously have the posters in mind as you've made the post so please go ahead and name them, thanks.
So others have actually done the job for me just for you to dismiss half of them as jokes :lol: What's the use of that effort then? And this was only from this thread.

I also actually dug through and could find similar comments in other threads - transfer targets, deadline day, lokonga thread and of course the arteta thread.

But I'm now not going to post them now just going to follow what @Riou said and just leave it vague :lol: Anyway you are going to cop out of them saying it was a joke again.

Also hoping you go after every post like this asking for receipts as well.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Seems people missed Ødegaard coming on and creating two chances. Just be glad we have options than comparing the two.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned about Arsenal fans on the internet it’s this. When you have two players in the same position, it is your duty to compare them and argue with anyone who slightly disagrees with you.

Ramsey vs Wilshere
Nasri vs Arshavin
Ødegaard vs Vieira
Tierney vs Zinchenko
Giroud vs Welbeck
Holding vs Chambers
Saka vs Pepe
Etc etc.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

So others have actually done the job for me just for you to dismiss half of them as jokes :lol: What's the use of that effort then? And this was only from this thread.

I also actually dug through and could find similar comments in other threads - transfer targets, deadline day, lokonga thread and of course the arteta thread.

But I'm now not going to post them now just going to follow what @Riou said and just leave it vague :lol: Anyway you are going to cop out of them saying it was a joke again.

Also hoping you go after every post like this asking for receipts as well.

I've called out the "y'all all said this player sucks, but I didn't ha ha!" several times before. It's something certain posters (*cough* like you *cough*) love doing to subtly paint yourselves as smarter, better posters.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I've called out the "y'all all said this player sucks, but I didn't ha ha!" several times before. It's something certain posters (*cough* like you *cough*) love doing to subtly paint yourselves as smarter, better posters.
I try to tag the people i refer to but we all do it to some extent. How many times have you heard the phrase ‘certain man’. Calling people out all the time is tiring and half the forum’s (not me) fed up with beef anyway

TinFish

He's better than I expected. So good on the lad. However I still think IF we only had one choice for MF, I would have gone for a stand in Partey replacement.

I hope we can address this asap next transfer window. The gamble might pay off if we're lucky not to lose him to injury/prison by then

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
There's nothing smart or better in this. 99%of this forum including me wouldn't have watched Vieira before. I'm not claiming I called that this signing is going to be a success. It's more of people just hating on arteta for each and every decision he takes.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

There's nothing smart or better in this. 99%of this forum including me wouldn't have watched Vieira before. I'm not claiming I called that this signing is going to be a success. It's more of people just hating on arteta for each and every decision he takes.

Ahhhhhh so that's what it's to do with. Well now I better understand what's happening.

But the comments regarding Vieira weren't any better or worse than with a lot new players we've bought in the last maybe 5-6 years or so?

I'm not saying some of Arteta's signings haven't been criticised, I can think of Ben White and Ramsdale that got propa propa criticism (not the vague kind that's been quoted wrt Vieira) and a lot of the comments were definitely unfair, especially about Ramsdale.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

It's more of people just hating on arteta for each and every decision he takes.

Well my comment was 100% Arteta agenda fueled and I make no apologies. You can't get too excited about players under Arteta because Arteta or "the club" comes first depending on if you like him or not.

I was quite open about having no clue about the player and being cautiously excited.

I think the Arteta group trying to put my quote alongside those others to frame me a certain was pretty low, even for you guys.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Apparently he was not too popular 2 months back, clearly many has written him off.
Good job. Surely that's only part of those messages, because I remember all that stuff. And when you give the demanded receipts, which takes time and effort, people say they were only joking which is hilarious.

Vieira has read AM and as a humble guy got to work! 💪

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
He looked worse than Ødegaard vs Bodo, worrying stuff

Hopefully is just the pitch, we really need this guy to be that vital upgrade

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Good job. Surely that's only part of those messages, because I remember all that stuff. And when you give the demanded receipts, which takes time and effort, people say they were only joking which is hilarious.

What's hilarious is that I called out BPP in the Partey thread in the same way and none of you absolute fruit tarts said jack sh!t....maybe cause of the people he was calling out? Maybe because it was BPP that was doing the calling out?

Frankly I don't care which it is but none of the Vieira stuff I read was egregious. None of what was said about Partey was that bad. It just wasn't.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

He looked worse than Ødegaard vs Bodo, worrying stuff

Hopefully is just the pitch, we really need this guy to be that vital upgrade
Omffggghhbbhhfhfjddj

WHY DOES LIKE EVERYONE LIKE HATE VIEIRA SOOOOOO OOOO OOOO MUCH!!!!

Can I get a like for supporting him even though all of you AM TRUSTED MEMBERS hate him. Gosh I'm like 10x better than these tRusTed guys.

Whose d!ck do I have to suck for sensationalist likes, please I'm desperate for likes.................please.......

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Bff love this boy. Haven't bought an Arsenal shirt since that yellow beauty in 2013 with Özil on the back of it, can't decide between Ode or Fabio...maybe just go for both (Jesus Gabi and Saka are out because only wear shirts to play and slow, old **** like myself can only wear not especially athletic playmakers' shirt).
- "Btec kolasinac but Young i suppose"
Maybe I have a lower opinion of Kolasinac but I would definitely take that as very negative 🤣

Those creative stats were off the charts and it just took a few youtube videos to see the boy is a baller. That + the way Arteta and Edu were identifying talents and the decisiveness with which we went for him and the way the project was developing in this moment was enough to have a lot of confidence he was going to be a big success. But yeah, you're right that it tends to go along party lines, of course those who have less faith in GasparGodtetaReign were quicker to doubt the signing because they wouldn't have those added reasons I've just put, which is normal. But @Heavy Duty Rom 's posting on him has been shocking throughout, that much has been consistent. Others were pretty bad too.

You could do just as bad a recopilation in the Jesus thread, sadly. Remember comments along the lines of 'we've signed a striker who isn't even a striker for £50m', etc. Bookmarked a few of those but don't have access to my bookmarks.

Fabregasm

What's hilarious is that I called out BPP in the Partey thread in the same way and none of you absolute fruit tarts said jack sh!t....maybe cause of the people he was calling out? Maybe because it was BPP that was doing the calling out?

Frankly I don't care which it is but none of the Vieira stuff I read was egregious. None of what was said about Partey was that bad. It just wasn't.

Ya probably the most neutral person in this place. Also mentioned you understand the personality of the higher profile posters to do analytic profiling of their post and read in between the lines when needed.

Unfortunately this is the state of the forum now after introducing the "likes" system, agenda like it's just for anyone to take side and win others over so they have this "army" of likes even when they post some garbage.

Narrative of many is like "do you support my view? No? Let me take a piss on you because you don't agree with my view, I have my "gang" to back me up with the "likes" on my rude swagger reply to diss you off"

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom