• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Farzad musings on Arsenal, Arteta, Xhaka, Legends, Adidas stripes, London ....

Will Arteta win league with Arsenal

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Reports on Twitter for what they are worth are that Xhaka maybe staying.

party-fans.gif

Alexs

The status of legend does indeed depend on how well or not a team has done. I have sometimes wondered at Brady's status. Yes a fine player who came up through our youth system but we only won one trophy with him and he disappeared to further his own career when it suited him and left us facing a decade of mediocrity.
I watched every single game Brady played at home and most away. Absolute legend. Without him we’d have been relegated and I would have been asleep the best part of a decade.

Alexs

Sorry I exaggerated to reinforce a point - I watched every home game from 1976 to when he left. Brady played in a decade of mediocrity as well as ‘leaving’ us with one. O’Leary is another legend for me.

We were absolutely gutted when Brady left for Italy but we all knew he’d earned it and unlike Stapleton, he at least left the country instead of going to Utd.

I guess legend status is partly generational, who you watched, how long and how well they served and also how they left and who they went to (looking at you, Stapleton and RVP).

baccy_man

Established Member
Granit, has been a good player for us at times specially this season that has just finished but other seasons he has been a liability so I would not put him in the same class as players like Charlie George, Pat Rice, David O'leary, Patrick Vieira, Robert Pires, Thierry Henry, He has given the best part of his career to Arsenal, so he deserves or respect for that but i would not class him as a legendary player.

Alexs

Think I'd swap Adams for Rice above, Brady as I said, maybe add Fabregas and that's about it. You don't want legends all over the place.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Bergman, we know you know. Is Xhaka staying or not?

My info was that he has signed for his new club (weeks ago now).

But let’s not forget, he had signed for Roma and Hertha each time but Arteta made him stay both times. So that gives me some hope he might stay.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

But let’s not forget, he had signed for Roma and Hertha each time but Arteta made him stay both times. So that gives me some hope he might stay.
Is the "signed" in the second paragraph meant literally or figuratively?

bergholt

The question isn't whether he's a legend, he's clearly not at that tier. The question is whether he's one or two tiers below that.

Legend: Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, Adams, Mustafi

Tier 1: Seaman, Pires, Toure, Parlour, Dixon, Keown, Winterburn, Ljungberg, Sagna, Fabregas, Van Persie, Wright, Lehmann, Gilberto

Tier 2: Clichy, Nacho, Xhaka, Walcott, Ramsey, Koscielny, Özil, Bellerin, Giroud, Bould, Rosicky, Merson, Lauren, Lacazette, Mertesacker, Cole, Campbell, Flamini

I think he's clearly Tier 2 - which is still pretty good but well below legends. I guess you could make a case for him being Tier 1 but not for being a Legend.

(This is just PL era because I'm not old enough to remember before that.)

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Literally. He signed the contracts and was ready to go each time.
How did he or we manage to wiggle out of that situation not once but twice? If there's an actual contract signed both clubs have grounds to sue both Xhaka and the club

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
How did he or we manage to wiggle out of that situation not once but twice? If there's an actual contract signed both clubs have grounds to sue both Xhaka and the club

Because it never happened :lol:

At most he would have had a verbal agreement to join Roma or whoever.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka

Not really. A player can agree personal terms with his new club before the clubs agree a transfer. Happens all the time. If the clubs don’t agree then the contract is invalid. Also when I say signed I don’t mean 100%. The player’s signature is required after the clubs agree the transfer too.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Not really. A player can agree personal terms with his new club before the clubs agree a transfer. Happens all the time. If the clubs don’t agree then the contract is invalid. Also when I say signed I don’t mean 100%. The player’s signature is required after the clubs agree the transfer too.
Yeah obviously but agreeing personal terms doesn't mean you signed a contract، at least not the type people commonly refer to when players sign for a club.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Yeah obviously but agreeing personal terms doesn't mean you signed a contract، at least not the type people commonly refer to when players sign for a club.

Well, my source said “already signed”. His words.

We know the deal isn’t done yet. Latest news is that Arsenal are delaying the sale until we have replacements.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

He staying mate God and Arteta have a vendetta against me. Trust me; this Mikel doing his media mind games PR to help the fans forget his tank job. He is creating Xhaka stories; this is like the BLack Lab story; PR whitewashing

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I think Arteta will fail unless he gets lots of time and money in addition to what he has got and he will not be able at this stage of his career or maybe ever be an elite or WC manager. Lfc got second with Rodgers then jumped on chance to get a truly elite manager. We should be putting out feelers and jeeping Mik on a tight leash; if he wants to F off yo Barcelona all the better. In 3.5 years with a golden crop of teenage talent he inherited, money, time and he has delivered one great half season in the Pl and the cup in his first half year. Will Mik win us the league or will he leave before?

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom