• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 23

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Nah pack weight has been altered 100%, them Libertadores cards for example are dropping constantly.

Like I'm sitting comfortably, not as good as you are but still I dont want to complain too much as I could probably buy an Mbappe or Puskas if I wanted its just the rewards are terrible,

Worst thing is its not just tradeables either, its the untradeables as well, they used to have a better drop rate but I'm constantly getting duplicate untradeables which is so annoying, they should really up the percentages of decent packs when it comes to untradeables.
Yeah agreed. The amount of horrific pulls I've had and seen from packs that should be giving out quality rewards has been at an all time high and then of course if you do get something half decent it is often a dupe with nothing outside Alaba that's really desirable to put it into.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah agreed. The amount of horrific pulls I've had and seen from packs that should be giving out quality rewards has been at an all time high and then of course if you do get something half decent it is often a dupe with nothing outside Alaba that's really desirable to put it into.

Thats my issue, I just end up discarding untradeable dupes as theres nowhere to actually put them.

83's, 84's, just discards so I can continue to open more rubbish packs.

I would just start stacking packs for TOTY but at this stage of the game you still need to pack a few things of value here and there before prices are truly in the sh!tter to keep going so it helps to open them but its just dupes, dupes, dupes.

Also, Alaba barely took any of my stuff as it is, took a few high rateds but the 83's 84's are so low value anyone can get them, 83's are still like 700coins which is ridiculous.

The way they are pricing SBC's this year is too high, like all those crappy SBC players around, they would be like 10-12k if that on the market, some wouldnt even be 5k but they are asking for a 85+ and then loads of 83's etc for an untradeable player which is already behind the curve on the day of release.

Its just not tempting at all, last year I was doing 88 rated SBC's from Liga NOS just because they took the low rated fodder and could be used down the line.

Markets a bit of a mess in my opinion, gets worse every year.

Batman

Thats my issue, I just end up discarding untradeable dupes as theres nowhere to actually put them.

83's, 84's, just discards so I can continue to open more rubbish packs.

I would just start stacking packs for TOTY but at this stage of the game you still need to pack a few things of value here and there before prices are truly in the sh!tter to keep going so it helps to open them but its just dupes, dupes, dupes.

Also, Alaba barely took any of my stuff as it is, took a few high rateds but the 83's 84's are so low value anyone can get them, 83's are still like 700coins which is ridiculous.

The way they are pricing SBC's this year is too high, like all those crappy SBC players around, they would be like 10-12k if that on the market, some wouldnt even be 5k but they are asking for a 85+ and then loads of 83's etc for an untradeable player which is already behind the curve on the day of release.

Its just not tempting at all, last year I was doing 88 rated SBC's from Liga NOS just because they took the low rated fodder and could be used down the line.

Markets a bit of a mess in my opinion, gets worse every year.
Where I think EA have been very clever is in screwing people who trade 83s and 84s by making the random x number of cards over 85 or 86 requirements for 83 and 84 rated squads. So now you're pretty much killing the price of 83s and 84s in any desirable SBC because the required 85 or 86 means you end up needing less of them for those squads. They're basically creating enormous gaps between the top tier meta cards and the next tier of usable cards and then another big gap between low to mid fodder and high fodder so that you're almost always packing relatively worthless cards while being forced to spend coins to acquire higher rated ones. It's really slick but disgusting.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Where I think EA have been very clever is in screwing people who trade 83s and 84s by making the random x number of cards over 85 or 86 requirements for 83 and 84 rated squads. So now you're pretty much killing the price of 83s and 84s in any desirable SBC because the required 85 or 86 means you end up needing less of them for those squads. They're basically creating enormous gaps between the top tier meta cards and the next tier of usable cards and then another big gap between low to mid fodder and high fodder so that you're almost always packing relatively worthless cards while being forced to spend coins to acquire higher rated ones. It's really slick but disgusting.

They could literally make FUT so good if they stopped with the tactics to bleed you dry.

It needs to be more customer friendly, EA could go from worst voted company to best if they stopped screwing with people.

People love there games, to be fair they make great games they just take the piss after you buy it.

Anyway, I hear hero SBC's tomorrow.

Batman

They could literally make FUT so good if they stopped with the tactics to bleed you dry.

It needs to be more customer friendly, EA could go from worst voted company to best if they stopped screwing with people.

People love there games, to be fair they make great games they just take the piss after you buy it.

Anyway, I hear hero SBC's tomorrow.
Until they stop printing money they'll operate the same. People are too willing to spend loads despite their hostility, myself included in the past. Ahh nice. Should be interesting.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
My first Weekend League was a massive struggle. Ended up with 9-11 luckily, so at least made it to that threshold. Normally 11 should be easy minimum, but I couldn't get the flow going (too much frustration) and I didn't like how my players acted in the more sweaty situations. I liked Araujo and De Ligt, but in the WL they were quite lacking. Often found them drifting wide and leaving the striker open for a through ball.

Your endorsements of Alaba has me thinking. I wanted to go for a Dutch squad, but he's very tempting.

If I dump some of my untradeables (that are in my current starting 11) I should be able to get him for almost no money.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
My first Weekend League was a massive struggle. Ended up with 9-11 luckily, so at least made it to that threshold. Normally 11 should be easy minimum, but I couldn't get the flow going (too much frustration) and I didn't like how my players acted in the more sweaty situations. I liked Araujo and De Ligt, but in the WL they were quite lacking. Often found them drifting wide and leaving the striker open for a through ball.

Your endorsements of Alaba has me thinking. I wanted to go for a Dutch squad, but he's very tempting.

If I dump some of my untradeables (that are in my current starting 11) I should be able to get him for almost no money.

Weekend League was bad this week, I was 9-2 but gave up on 11, the gameplay was awful from the start, everything was a slog and nothing like the good gameplay.

So many weird moments too for both me and my opponents, I had so much delay, open goals pressing shoot etc and they just do nothing and fumble it. Had an opponent I was beating 4-1, extra time in the first half and hes clean through on goal, enters the penalty box and shoots, the moment the ball left the players foot the ref blew up for half time, the ball went top bins, my opponent quit and I dont blame him one bit.

Alaba - he is great, I've seen a lot of people say he wont last more than a few months but he has better stats than icons. You just got to live with the price, personally I dont think its that bad.

Dutch D

Weekend League was bad this week, I was 9-2 but gave up on 11, the gameplay was awful from the start, everything was a slog and nothing like the good gameplay.

So many weird moments too for both me and my opponents, I had so much delay, open goals pressing shoot etc and they just do nothing and fumble it. Had an opponent I was beating 4-1, extra time in the first half and hes clean through on goal, enters the penalty box and shoots, the moment the ball left the players foot the ref blew up for half time, the ball went top bins, my opponent quit and I dont blame him one bit.
Yeah, I had the same feeling. Lots of input delay that made clear chances frustrating. Had many games where my xG was much better than my opponent's, but I just couldn't finish.
Alaba - he is great, I've seen a lot of people say he wont last more than a few months but he has better stats than icons. You just got to live with the price, personally I dont think its that bad.
Really tempted to do it. With just a little packluck, I could do him more or less for free.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah, I had the same feeling. Lots of input delay that made clear chances frustrating. Had many games where my xG was much better than my opponent's, but I just couldn't finish.

Really tempted to do it. With just a little packluck, I could do him more or less for free.

I'm starting to contemplate selling Tchoumeni and buying another CB so I can move Alaba into CDM.

Just means finding a few better players, I'm trying to shoehorn Messi in but it never gets full chem and that bothers me.

Batman

@Batman @Flying Okapis what Alaba do you guys recommend? I'm considering the 87/87 DEF/PHY one because it's lengthy with Anchor. What do you guys think?

Cost me quite some more than I thought in the end, 120k.
The physical one if you're on PS5 or Series X and the other one if you're on PS4 or XB1. I'm on PS5 so took the physical one that you're considering and he's perfect.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
@Batman @Flying Okapis what Alaba do you guys recommend? I'm considering the 87/87 DEF/PHY one because it's lengthy with Anchor. What do you guys think?

Cost me quite some more than I thought in the end, 120k.

The physical one, he actual has more total in game stats than the other one, its minimal and like 12 extra stats BUT it still makes him the better of the two.

Dutch D

Sorry, I wont keep asking you guys everything but I'm just a bit short if I would sell Haaland for his current price (250k) to buy Bergkamp and Virgil. Reckon Haaland will be more expensive Friday and Virgil cheaper Thursday? Might just make the difference.

Batman

Sorry, I wont keep asking you guys everything but I'm just a bit short if I would sell Haaland for his current price (250k) to buy Bergkamp and Virgil. Reckon Haaland will be more expensive Friday and Virgil cheaper Thursday? Might just make the difference.
No worries mate, ask away. Monday is often the highest day of the week for the market. I think that with team 2 of Rulebreakers coming out on Friday there will likely be another crash so maybe best to offload Haaland now and then wait for the dip Thurdsay or Friday a couple of hours before team 2 comes out to buy Bergkamp and Virgil. Icons can fluctuate a lot too so Bergkamp may drop a lot when the crash really starts.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

As @Batman said, keep asking!

Personally I think the market will continue to drop, a lot of golds etc have come down, Benzema, Vini Jr etc, they are all dropping and in my opinion will continue to do so with every promo.

The promo pattern appears like it will follow last year where they release cards that are ridiculously better than the options at launch.

Take our Alaba for example, that card is on an icon level and we've all just done it relatively cheaply 3 weeks after the games release.

People are looking for upgrades now and dropping golds from there squads.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
@Batman

Squad Battles - there is a featured squad from Jota and Harvey Elliott, it consists of Liverpool kit, played at Anfield, the squad is all Liverpool players but includes Gerrard, Mascherano and Dalglish.

That is how SB should be, that is what I was taking about before, no random teams like they do with stupid team names etc, use real clubs in real stadiums with icons if they have any, yeah I still d!cked them but at least it made me pause and look at the team I'm playing, take in the Anfield stadium etc.

They are definitely missing something with SB.

Batman

@Batman

Squad Battles - there is a featured squad from Jota and Harvey Elliott, it consists of Liverpool kit, played at Anfield, the squad is all Liverpool players but includes Gerrard, Mascherano and Dalglish.

That is how SB should be, that is what I was taking about before, no random teams like they do with stupid team names etc, use real clubs in real stadiums with icons if they have any, yeah I still d!cked them but at least it made me pause and look at the team I'm playing, take in the Anfield stadium etc.

They are definitely missing something with SB.
Yeah I mean I honestly don't even look at the players I'm playing against. I just get my 5 goals and then keep possession but you're right, it would be better for them to consistently make the teams more interesting and unique.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom