• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Financial Fair Play

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
eye4goal said:
Paris Saint-Germain have clinched a massive deal with the Qatar Tourism Authority that will bring the Ligue 1 leaders more than €150 million over each of the next four seasons.

Retroactive for 2012, it will boost PSG's coffers by €150 million for the current campaign, increasing progressively to a minimum of €200 million in its final season, 2015-2016. That sum could be even larger, with the contract containing bonus clauses based on the team's performances in European competition.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...nt-germain-announce-€150m-a-year-deal?cc=5739

Looks like the FFP is working. No one gives a f**k about the FFP.

jerome2158

Established Member
At this point I'd almost prefer if UEFA scrapped the whole thing rather than continuing the joke.

PSG really makes you wonder though...where is this going? Eventually rather than going through the hassle of transferring a player they're going to just buy his club and disband it so they can take anyone.

UEFA should create the "super rich champions league" where to gain entry you must spent a minimum of 100 million per summer.

evoh_1

Established Member
Ivan Gazidis said:
Irrespective of financial fair play's impact, we will be among the top five most financially powerful clubs in the world by 2014, that is when we will really start competing

What world is Ivan living in £120 mil a year back dated this will be ratified and the merry-go-round will continue.

Options are big money backing or being an average financialy well run team

evoh_1

Established Member
Not saying it is Ivan's fault just seem churlish to think that the oligarchs / oil kigns will just stop gazumping everyone left right a centre as soon as anyone makes organic gains. Its the only way for them to get better in the meth addict time frame they seem to operate in.

Just hope we have a plan that doesn't rely on FFP being enforced.

Football seem to be the new elite play thing and it will destroy itself by killing most of the opponents if it continues but when will the bubble burst?

Bossa

Established Member
150m a year for them is pretty nice. They can spend a big chunk of that money on some of our players.

eye4goal

Established Member
jones said:
The Qatar Tourism Authority is nothing but another of dozens of sub-branches of the Qatar Investment Authority (owner of PSG), which is more or less just one gigantic fund from the Qatari government, with no other purpose than investing money and furthering Qatari influence everywhere

Yeah PSG are owned by Qatar's government. City are also effectively government owned. This is money on another scale to sugar daddies. It will be interesting to see the reaction of the likes of Bayern, United and Barca as those are the clubs standing to benefit most from FFP as things stand

eye4goal

Established Member
jerome2158 said:
PSG really makes you wonder though...where is this going? Eventually rather than going through the hassle of transferring a player they're going to just buy his club and disband it so they can take anyone.

There were rumours they were going to buy OM(for €120-150m)to make Ligue 1 more exciting

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Basically Malaga and the other clubs have been punished for ot paying their bills in time. Do not see how this with affect say Man City.

VancouverCanuck

We are 6th in the world, in terms of revenue.

Madrid $683m
Barca $643m
Man U $507m
Bayern $490m
Chelsea $413m
Arsenal $372m
City $366m

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1310877/real-madrid-still-richest-club;-barcelona-second?cc=5901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... nd?cc=5901</a>

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea and City have no right being in that company, thunder ****s.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Bumping the thread with UEFA's latest declaration (or most like, an empty threat)

Manchester City and PSG cannot 'cheat' financial fair play, Uefa warns

Uefa has warned Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain they will not be allowed to "cheat" its financial fair play rules, as new figures showed the scale of the challenge in stemming the flow of red ink across Europe and it emerged that two English clubs would have fallen foul had they been in place this season.

Expert panels will assess the "fair value" of sponsorship deals and if related party transactions breach them, the relevant amount will be deducted from the break-even calculations.

"Everyone, including PSG, know the rules and knows when they kick in. They know the rules are that they have to generate revenues to cover their costs without cheating," he said.

He said that he remained confident that the rules, which could see the first sanctions being applied in 2014-15, "have teeth". Clubs that exhibit "warning signs" will be investigated by a panel headed by the former Belgian prime minister Jean-Luc Dehaene and sanctions handed down by a separate independent panel.

"When we first discussed FFP it was Chelsea [that attracted questioning], then you have Manchester City, then it was PSG. Our responsibility is to have a system that works for more than 630 clubs and not look at one club and neglect the rest. Each individual situation will be assessed very carefully by these two panels."

I'll say again what many of us hope for, I *REALLY* hope that UEFA has the balls to back up the FFP, and that they see this use of sponsorship as the sham it clearly is. I guess time will tell.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
These regulations are flawed even if they "work", so I'm not particularly fussed that they're being abused and worked around. Come up with a fair set of rules and they'll be harder to ignore.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/8476080/Premier-League-chairmen-set-to-vote-at-Thursday-s-fair-play-showdown-meeting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... wn-meeting</a>

"Arsenal, United, Tottenham and Liverpool will still argue that wealthy owners should not be allowed to underwrite any losses, but in order to push FFP through will have to settle for a compromise, where up to £105million over three years can be covered in order to maintain the Premier League's competitiveness and its attraction to a global TV audience."

I think this is a worthwhile compromise as it means if we drop out of the Champions League we can spend a bit to try and get back into it or take a risk the following season if we finish second. I think it suits everyone and is a welcome addition to FFP

evoh_1

Established Member
£105 mil over three years is a complete kop out that makes the whole thing a joke as is the wage increase cap which just keeps chelsea and citeh set, what abouta club which improves and can suddenly compete with the top through there own means? Will they not be allowed to boost wages instantly? Also the commercial element where those deals can underwrite wages means essentially commercials will end up corrupted as hell.

Total f#ck up by the FA and EPL again in letting madness reign, wither we have financial ruels to break even or we just throw everything to the wind. This sort of barely halfway house looks like a total waste of time for all involved.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
the £105m over 3 years is complete nonsense. if you are losing £35m per year, then you are not running your club with any kind of fiscal realism. isnt that the whole purpose of leveling the playing field?

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom