• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Financial Fair Play

E

Enoch

Of course 'Financial Fair Play' is a joke. A corrupt organization trying to find a way to make things fair and enforce strict laws, you're having a laugh. They're not going to kick out their darlings and money makers out of their competition, they don't have the balls. They're going to do f**k all in the end, that was expected.

The corrupt to keep on corrupting.

trunks206

Established Member
So basically the biggest threat to clubs who spend too much money is......a fine? a 100,000 Euro fine? Is this a joke?

They did up this stupid **** so they could get a cut of the money being thrown around and give an illusion that they give a damn about the way the game is heading/currently at.

glaveror

Hahaha, just as we all thought-sweet **** all is gonna come form this farce. .financial fair play..give me a break :-D :-D

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Gazidis said he was skeptical of the Financial fair play system like 2 years ago, he said come 2014 we'd be able to compete with the best regardless.

Yeah, I think we all knew it wasn't going to work.... how can it work when the people who control it mostly care about making money rather than governing like they're supposed to.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
You don't understand what it's supposed to do if you think it's not working, it's doing exactly what it states in its legal text. It's not like clubs are even cheating to circumvent FFP, they really are adhering to the law.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Do UEFA/FIFA really think anybody takes their ukases seriously? They have absolutely no intention to ever go through any other kind of disciplinary action than giving an insignificant fine.

a_fourteen

Established Member
lol..fifa and uefa are the most money grabbing blood suckers around. To think they would stop clubs from breaking the rules is laughable. It would be the equivalent of the pot calling the kettle black.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Has this been posted yet? <a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27290532" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27290532</a>

FinnGooner

Established Member
It seems that a lot of reliable sources are reporting the story about the sanctions even though it's not official so the leaker must be somebody with credibility.

I would be pretty happy about those sanctions. They not impossible to cope with but the squad limitations especially do take the edge off ridiculous spending. Why buy ****loads of players if they can't play then in all competitions?

However, we've seen UEFA give bans and sanctions before only to them being withdrawn sometime later so until the sanction actually take place, the FFP remains a joke.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I was reading about this yesterday, it seems PSG are near to accepting their punishment and City have until Fri. If they do challenge it and lose, they could end up with a more severe punishment, possibly even exclusion from next years CL. I'm pleased the committee have looked into their books in detail, some contracts for huge sums of money have been reduced, some by 50%, therefore reducing City's income and increasing their loss :) Serves them right, I hope they lose any appeal.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/may/06/manchestercity-uefa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... rcity-uefa</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
So does anyone know what happens with this money? Of course there's not a chance it'll end up lining the pockets of Fifa and Uefa officials? Amirite?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

These greedy, old ****ers will spend it all on cars, holidays, champagne and hookers.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
So, the PL champions in waiting, are the only European Club to dispute Uefa's break even rule. The deadline passed yesterday to accept their punishment for breaking the rule and City are the only club not to accept it. I guess now its a case of how much money City are prepared to pay top lawyers to win the case for them, and maybe how much they pay to others as well. It will be a disgrace if they go on and win the case.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2014/may/10/manchester-city-face-down-uefa-financial-fair-play" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/dav ... -fair-play</a>

Mastadon

Established Member
Well this is interesting I'm happily surprised to see them challenging the fair value of some of city's sponsorship deals. It's a step in the right direction for sure let's see now if they will stick to their guns or crumble under the pressure.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
So basicly FFP has turned into a legitimate bung for FIFA to let the big spenders keep spending ? both seth blatter and michel platini are a bunch of corrupt wankers ....

Anzac

Established Member
Mastadon said:
Well this is interesting I'm happily surprised to see them challenging the fair value of some of city's sponsorship deals. It's a step in the right direction for sure let's see now if they will stick to their guns or crumble under the pressure.

Recent reports are that PSG were looking like being in breach more than Citeh as the UEFA experts found their sponsorship deal to only be worth half it's value. However PSG have supposedly accepted a negotiated sanction with UEFA and will only be fined a 1 off payment of 20m along with a restriction of their CL squad to 21 or 23 players rather than 25.
Within 24 hours PSG were issuing statements that no players would be sold in the summer including Cavani.

Meantime Citeh did not agree to the terms re their sanctions which were reportedly 3x20m payments and a restriction of squad size to 21 or 23 players. Following the talk of the PSG 'deal' Citeh also issued statements that no players would be leaving, and were immediately linked to 3 players for a combined worth in excess of 100m.

Stand-by with the popcorn.

Le Professeur

Established Member
Jean-Luc Dehaene, one of the best and most respected Prime Ministers Belgium ever had, and one of the driving forces behind FFP, has unexpectedly died today.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yes as Le Prof says, he has died. Suffering from cancer he died from a fall and now City's hearing may be delayed.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/15/death-uefa-financial-fair-play-investigator-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ester-city</a>

spartandre217

Established Member
City have agreed to pay the money according to Sky.

60m Euros, curtail their transfer spending for the next two seasons and a limit of 21 players in their squad for European competition.

Now if only we'd take advantage of this.

Tim Payton also mused that getting Sagna, regardless of salary/age makes sense. They're losing Richards and they can get Sagna for little to no cost apart from salary.

Hope he doesn't go there.

City Statement according to Bryan Swanson- Sky

"Club's expenditure on new players for upcoming summer transfer market will be limited to 60m euros or 49m pounds."

Whatever difference that ish makes. They spent close to 100m last year alone and apart from Özil last year we've never spent more than 30m net :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom