• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FM 2007

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
lol, in my game a news item just appeared; following interest from interest from Arsenal, Jonathan De Guzman has told his club Juventus that he wants to move to a bigger club :lol:

If only...

invisibleman18

Established Member
I had Diaby do that in the season I played as Arsenal. I turned down an offer from Chelsea and he got very pissed off and handed in an immediate transfer request. My policy is not to persevere with players who don't want to be here, so had to sell him to them.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
eduardo was sh*t in his 1st season with pompey but he was the dog's bollox along with scott sinclair in their 2nd season.

the thing is eduardo is unhappy and wants to move to other big clubs.

i've tried to offer him very huge wages available at that time (51k/week), a hefty signing on fee as well as maximum amount of appearance fee, goal bonus, win bonus, 25% yearly wage increase and i've also included a 10m buy-out clause, which is very underwhelming for a player of his value but he rejected it instantly.

is there any way for me to keep him as he's currently really unhappy at pompey but still he scores an industrial container of goals.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
cesar delgado dosent have great stats but he is a superb goalscorer in the game.

oh kaids, you are very lucky. haha. lets pray in 2011 we will do that real thing

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
cesar delgado dosent have great stats but he is a superb goalscorer in the game.

oh kaids, you are very lucky. haha. lets pray in 2011 we will do that real thing
That wasn't me, I'm playing as Genoa. Have won 3 Serie A titles on the bounce but have gotten absolutely nowhere in Europe. 2 CL 1st knock-out stage exits and 2 UEFA cup 1st knock-out stage exits :(

Finally beat an English team in last season's CL (3-0 against Man Utd) so that's progress at least - my previous 9 matches against English opposition had resulted in 5 defeats and 4 draws.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

players in:

marc randall - 160k
micky kane - 750k
dwight pezzarossi - 2.8m
federico balzaretti - 8.5m
johnny woodgate - free
eddie johnson - free

there's one thing i still don't understand, i offered chelsea 4.3m for balzaretti and both him and his club accepted my offer but when i checked the "transfers" menu, it showed that i bought him for 6.5m, which is the same as his current value right now.

anyone care to explain this thing?

thank you.

N!

Tell you something even more weird. Wanted to sign Denilson and offered Bayern (he was playing for them then) £28m for him. Bayern rejected saying the offer wasn't good enough or something. Then i put an enquiry i and it came back saying they wanted £16m.

Same happened as well on a different game as Valencia. Wanted Mascherano, offered £20m but got him for £9m in the end.

Very odd.

DREVAK

Established Member
Bojed, haven't you perhaps agreed on a next sale percentage? Transfers like that tend to show already with that part of the money... As in 550k for a 500k transfer +10 percent of next sale.

However the finances in FM act weird, so that might not be the case at all. The most important thing is to check out the transfer budget, whether you paid what you supposedly agreed on.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

i guess it must be the deadline you set for the transfer.

i bidded 80m(i was fed up) for bale and set the transfer dealine "today". they rejected it saying there need to consider other options.

then i realise and set transfer deadline "none", and signed him for 12m

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
english.JPG

My team's pathetic record against English sides continues. What's more, they had only about 5 decent chances and scored 5, I had about 12 and their goalkeeper had the game of his life. My team is like Arsenal on speed the way they waste chances, happens ridiculously often. Pisses me off.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
arsenal_hleb said:
i guess it must be the deadline you set for the transfer.

i bidded 80m(i was fed up) for bale and set the transfer dealine "today". they rejected it saying there need to consider other options.

then i realise and set transfer deadline "none", and signed him for 12m

perhaps this is the best answer for my question.

i will almost always set the deadline to be "tomorrow" for every bid that i made. i've never set monthly installments or next sale % when buying other team's players.

but when other teams bid for my players, i'll always set the next sale %. i still don't accept monthly installments unless the whole offer is more than what other teams are willing to offer.

thanks drevak and arsenal_hleb.

@N!

i've offered 2.5m to chelsea for eddie johnson. they had other idea and upped his price tag to 4.2m, which i refused to accept happily and the whole deal was off.

a day before the transfer window closed, chelsea knocked my door and offered eddie for an immoral price - 0.

the whole deal was done in 2 hours FM time.

and i've experienced one really mind-boggling incident with pompey as well. sol was sent off after he was shown a direct red card in one of pompey's game last season. played 10 men at that time.

when the game was over, the news read "noe pamarot was sent off blablabla would you want to make an appeal?"

i checked the match's overview and there it showed, noe pamarot - red card in thick bloody red.

gotta love FM's glitches.

@kaids

LOL that's nothing compared to pompey's fate. preston are officially our bogey team 1 draw 2 defeats against them in the PL. the only PL team i've never won against :lol:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

kaids. english teams in FM are quite prolific. what tactics you use?

the best option to win against your bogey team is to actually change your tactic to defensive, then play counter attack. you tend to score 1-0 wins by being very cautious.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Always makes me laugh when you get regenerated players and the pictures they have!

Here is a collage I made a while back:

thefacesbehindchampsou8.jpg

Haha! Quality!

Rocafella

Established Member
i want to start a new career but with all of this summers updated transfers but there isn't a good update yet. i want them to go through in the summer after the end of the first season but there's no editor tool which allows you to transfer players once the season's started. it's only because i don't want clubs to drop the players who are going to move.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

i started a new game after my old game couldn't start. i was quite sad as the last game reach 013/014 season. furthermore i was ranked first in the world and was reaching total domination.

nvm, i started the new game with arsenal AGAIN.

entropy13

Established Member
My AC Milan squad...

:D

Won Serie A, Italian Cup, Euro Champions Cup (CL), Italian Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, currently in the first few games of the season...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

i am on my 2nd season at arsenal and i won everything i could in the first season i strengthened every position so that now i have 2 good teams + youngsters and reserves.

ahahahaen0.jpg

hahaei8.jpg

i am still not happy with my squad. if any of these players underperform they will be flogged off immediately and replaced by another

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom