• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I think it’s more to do with the precedent it sets. You have a kid that has done nothing that demands £40k a month while our potential player of the season and at times ‘saviour’ is on £30k (according to some sources). How do you go into negotiations with Saka like this when his mate is earning more because of hype alone? It also gets a bit sticky when you consider a lot of our Hale End boys have the same agent. Personally, I feel like a lot of Arsenal fans are suffering from PTSD when it comes to our youngsters that we’re even justifying messing with our wage structure to keep one guy happy. We messed up big time with Gnabry but apart from him it’s not that deep. I mean yeah you could mention Bennacer, Malen, etc but they’re not world class right now. This Balogun dilemma has fans going crazy on a player I’m sure most haven’t watched a full u23 game to really assess.
If Saka is really only on 30k then no way I hell should Balogun be getting more. Lol. Also, we really shouldn't have a kid holding us ransom unless he has Messi level talent.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Saka was rewarded with that amount after actually doing something. Balogun‘s not getting it after a few insta posts.

He deleted them all anyway. Guy seems like a basket case.

DasBootist

If Saka is really only on 30k then no way I hell should Balogun be getting more. Lol. Also, we really shouldn't have a kid holding us ransom unless he has Messi level talent.
Saka will be rewarded with a sexier contract within the year, so there's nowt to worry about for him

scytheavatar

Established Member

Saka is not a striker though....... strikers have the leverage to demand more cause the market for quality strikers is extremely shallow. If we don't want to pay Balogun 40k per week I am sure there's no shortages of clubs willing to offer him that and more.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
£40k a week really is nothing these days. He'll go abroad, we'll get no compensation. We keep him and sell if he doesn't make it and we still make a profit

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
For me, we should give up on the league. Auba and Laca have not done it this season, which is why we're in the table where we are. Arteta basically needs outstanding individual talents to win matches as he can't build a team to score goals. We should be playing Martinelli and Balogun remainder of the season.

Banking on Auba and Laca to win Europa League is another risk. The only way we win this competition is to fluke it. We have the team, it's just a matter of whether the players have the focus.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
£40k a week really is nothing these days. He'll go abroad, we'll get no compensation. We keep him and sell if he doesn't make it and we still make a profit
What in Arsenal's recent history suggests this club can sell a player for profit?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
You say that, but we have a hard time shipping out Elneny who's on 50k and no team outside of the UK that would like him can afford his wages. Balogun has the bonus of being English, which increases the odds of some random English team to overpay for him (see Brewster).

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Saka is not a striker though....... strikers have the leverage to demand more cause the market for quality strikers is extremely shallow. If we don't want to pay Balogun 40k per week I am sure there's no shortages of clubs willing to offer him that and more.
Well let them pay it. If the club feels like it's being held at ransom I won't blame them for letting him go.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Lots of talk about about £40k but iirc, a lot of our youngsters were on that in Wenger's earlier years compared to Utd players who were on £20k. If he can replicate what he did in the EL, then we'll surely match the fees for Solanke and Brewster if we decide to sell. I do believe he could have offered everything Laca does and more tbh.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Lots of talk about about £40k but iirc, a lot of our youngsters were on that in Wenger's earlier years compared to Utd players who were on £20k. If he can replicate what he did in the EL, then we'll surely match the fees for Solanke and Brewster if we decide to sell. I do believe he could have offered everything Laca does and more tbh.
A lot of people believed the same about Eddie and look how that turned out.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

He's not holding us ransom. There is a demand for him and he is letting Arsenal know the price. It's a pittance for a promising young homegrown English striker (with USA roots, which entices USA fans).

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't know about Balogun but any expectation of Eddie to be anything more than a 6 yard box finisher was unrealistic. Balogun looks a much more complete player.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Not quite to the same degree tbh. Balogun in terms of pace and height offers something we don't have atm. And Cole and Kevin Campbell are our standout academy strikers. Gotta keep hoping.

Iceman10

Established Member
Probably has been posted above, can’t be bothered to look (flying visit), but the latest rumour is Balogun’s demand is 40k per week. Good points made by Curtis Shaw on his latest YouTube actually, we have to remember Runarsson is on 45k per week as third choice GK, which is silly, but we shouldn’t double down on silliness for Balogun by baulking on 40k per week. I believe Eddie long has been on around 40k also. Just pay it, especially if Laca is going to be sold this summer and Eddie’s development progress has stalled out, at least for now. We don’t want another Gnabry situation if things are in our hands and Balogun is actually giving us a choice instead of signing a pre-contract with a German club already. Consider how much Gnabry is worth as an asset now.

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
It's higher than Saka's current package. Unless we're looking to bump him up along with Balogun signing, this would be awkward.
That's Saka's agent's problem. The fee is fair as far as Balogun's concerned.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
For me, we should give up on the league. Auba and Laca have not done it this season, which is why we're in the table where we are. Arteta basically needs outstanding individual talents to win matches as he can't build a team to score goals. We should be playing Martinelli and Balogun remainder of the season.

Banking on Auba and Laca to win Europa League is another risk. The only way we win this competition is to fluke it. We have the team, it's just a matter of whether the players have the focus.
Ditching Auba and Laca for Balogun and Martinelli would very quickly earn Arteta either legendary status or his P45.

I fear the latter.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom