• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think Jesus will be the figurehead for Arteta project and rightfully so. Question is which one of Eddie and Balo we keep
If Balogun could learn to play wide then we could keep both with Balogun taking Nelson's spot.

Martinelli/Trossard - Jesus/Nketiah - Saka/Balogun

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

If Balogun could learn to play wide then we could keep both with Balogun taking Nelson's spot.

Wishful at best imo. He’s not a winger, just like Nketiah he should be central. One of them two stays and I’d be amazed if it’s not Eddie. Loaning Balogun to a lower table PL side would be ideal for us.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Leao swap deal

Uh Oh Oops GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Why not ring Brighton for an exchange for Mitoma?

Uh Oh Oops GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Jesus played mostly wide in his latter years for City, That'd be my solution albeit an unpopular one.

Sadly I think the reality is it'll be impossible to keep all three happy. Maybe we could get next season out of them but eventually one will push to move.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
The absolute worst scenario would be bringing him back to Arsenal next year, both him and Eddie see little game time and we tank both their values. It’s reasons like this why we are so bad at selling players. Another loan is the best option. If not then sell either him or Eddie while they’re hot and in demand.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Surprised a whole host of clubs haven’t been linked yet. If Balogun had these sort of numbers against some dusted labourers in the Ukrainian league then I’m sure there would be 80 or 100M figures being thrown around.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If Balogun is performing as well as reported I don't see why we'd sell him.
Saves us having to spend 70m or so on a 2nd choice winger.

Jesus Balogun Saka
Martinelli Eddie Trossard

I’m all for Balogun staying and showing he’s good enough to remain here however there’s a part of me that thinks this is such a good opportunity to pass up on.

Question - Are those 6 or so players enough to help us win the CL next season? Personally I would sell to the highest bidder and add to those funds to go big for Kvaradona or Osimhen - dream scenario.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I’m all for Balogun staying and showing he’s good enough to remain here however there’s a part of me that thinks this is such a good opportunity to pass up on.

Question - Are those 6 or so players enough to help us win the CL next season? Personally I would sell to the highest bidder and add to those funds to go big for Kvaradona or Osimhen - dream scenario.
If im right 50m would be a record sale so it is a very good opportunity - if a team were to pay it.

Potentially yes. We've went half a season with effectively Martinelli Jesus and Saka as a front 3. Nketiah took a while to get going and looks decent and we've only just added Trossard. Adding the player who is out scoring Mbappe and Co, at least on paper, is an improvement to an attack that is top of the league. So why couldn't it challenge for the CL?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If im right 50m would be a record sale so it is a very good opportunity - if a team were to pay it.

Potentially yes. We've went half a season with effectively Martinelli Jesus and Saka as a front 3. Nketiah took a while to get going and looks decent and we've only just added Trossard. Adding the player who is out scoring Mbappe and Co, at least on paper, is an improvement to an attack that is top of the league. So why couldn't it challenge for the CL?

Hmmmm I’m not too sure even though I do agree with parts of what you’re saying. The next player we add to the ranks in those attacking areas should ideally be a star quality profile imo as we need a game changer especially in those big CL games next season which means a decision will have to be made over who will make room for that player. This would be a perfect opportunity for us to flip for 50M+ and significantly upgrade in that area as it coincides with us becoming a lot more attractive by securing CL football + potentially winning the PL.

Also, I think it’s more to do with the balance of the front three you posted. On paper it looks good especially judging by the numbers but is his all round game better than Nketiah’s which has improved recently? Just asking as I have only really watched him a few times this season in Ligue 1 and it wasn’t something that really stood out for me. He seemed a bit more of a Jermaine Defoe type of striker rather than an all rounder.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

In truth @2Smokeyy i don't know enough about his playing style. I just know we went to a lot of effort to retain him and if we were linked to a young forward outscoring Mbappe we'd be excited at the prospect of him feeding off Saka and Ødegaard.

For me we need to spend on midfield so anything saved elsewhere gives more to spend there. Either way its a good position to be in. Jesus gives us flexibility to pursue a striker or winger, Balogun may make that decision easier by staying or giving a substantial fee to pursue other targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom