• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football leaks: Mourinho, Ronaldo and Mendes involved in tax evasion scandal?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
But some of these loopholes are there for ligitimate reasons and the government can't shut them.

No-one wants charities to have to pay tax. So the rich find ways to set up charities, maybe give some away and use running costs to pay themselves.

No -one wants people who do business here but live in other countries to pay their tax twice otherwise they won't come. So the rich buy a homes in other countries and become non domiciled.

The bottom line is if you have a set of circumstances where people don't need to pay tax for legitimate reasons, the rich will find ways of piggy backing those rules. It's like a never ending game of catch me if you can where the authorities close one door and the rich open another.

Humans are somewhat intelligent, and when it comes to greed, incredibly ingenious and go to extraordinary lengths.

I know not all loop holes can be closed, my comments are aimed at companies like Amazon & Apple who register outside the UK eg Ireland, Luxembourg and pay pathetic amounts of UK tax even though their money is earned in the UK. This type of tax avoidance can be changed by the Gov without effecting charities.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I know not all loop holes can be closed, my comments are aimed at companies like Amazon & Apple who register outside the UK eg Ireland, Luxembourg and pay pathetic amounts of UK tax even though their money is earned in the UK. This type of tax avoidance can be changed by the Gov without effecting charities.
The Government are incompetent. In France they paid £380m, in the UK £130m despite doing much more business here. In France they refuse to accept the funnelling of sales through Dublin.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
time to bump up this old thread, perhaps?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40339788

Ok the guilty are those who dodge tax but Spain need to get their act together, no wonder they have financial problems when the top earners are avoiding tax. Greece, Italy, Spain full of corruption from the top down, no coincidence these are the countries who have had financial issues in recent times. I know UK are guilty of tax avoidance and we need to close loop holes. Unfortunately they benefit the wealthy so its unlikely the Tories would ever really clamp down.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Have any Spanish players been caught in this investigation?

Feel thats worse.

If I was being taxed these sums in a foreign country I was staying in for such a short period would also look for every loop hole available. Just surprised so many had bad advise.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom