• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

football manager 2005

seanconvey66

Won the treble in my 1st season at Arsenal and lost league cup final. Rvp, Henry, Bergkamp, Pires and Reyes are awesome on it!!!!!

I bought Thuram for 2.5m and Matterazzi for 2.3m, Van Den Borre for 875k as hes 17 then bought Van Der Saar for 1m , Julio Cruz from Inter for 1.4m and some 18yr old Colombian centre midfielder for 1m. I couldnt believe it beat Milan 5-3 at the San Siro, Roma 5-1 at Highbury, beat Chelsea 4-0 at home and 2-0 away and breat United 3-1 at Old Trafford. I couldnt stop those 5 from scoring and my defence was water tight!

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
vanden borre is ****in sweet. wish be had better work ethic though. won the CL for me with man city with a hell of a strike from 30 yards in extra time. its 2008 now. just left city for parma. had to buy almost an entire squad. bought 17 first teamers the only people who kept starting roles at the club after i arrived are frey, paolo ferreira and gilardino.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
another player you should look at is claudio lopez. really loyal player. and will score tons of goals. wont cost you much. i got freddy adu for man city on a free. wonderkid.

kevin_kyle

Claudio has very good attributes for a striker....and he is listed, just annoying how long he is on loan for at the start of the game

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
so true. mourad meghni's numbers may not be that good but he'll make his contributions and play very very well. also, get kasper schmeichel from man city. becomes a fine keeper.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Is it just me, or is this game getting really easy when you use Arsenal?

I'm in my 4th season, and have played 22 games and have won 21 and drew 1. My team is the same as in the start of the game but with the additions of Alessio Cerci, Paul Robinson, Anthony Reveillere and Fernando Torres. I am waiting to get Vanden Borre in August and have scored 73 goals already. Unlike in real life, my Arsenal squad have scored 20 goals from corners already in the 22 games.

I think the only hassle's I have are Edu leaving on a Bosman Free Transfer (ironic anyone?!) and for some weird reason, Van Persie wants to leave too, saying he "deserves a more important role in the team" which really confuses me because I play him in every game.

Jammo

I am finding it quite easy at the moment, won the league in my first 2 seasons and the CL in my second.

The third season is at least more competitive, only 6 points separate the top 5. And Man United are in 6th place.

Phillips

Ive played 5 seasons with arsenal & won the League twice.

in my third season i lost the title by 3 points to man utd :x

the fifth season i was on holiday and let assistant manager "Dennis Bergkamp" take control of the team 8)....Lupoli scored 11 goals that season

Henry possibly the best player in the game scores a goal a game.

1st season he scored 30+ goals with Reyes as a strike partner

2nd season he scored 40+ goals with Mutu as a strike partner (Mutu also scoring 40+)

3rd season he only scored around 20 goals with Mutu as a strike partner (my worst season) :(

4th season he scored 30+ goals with Anelka as a strike partner

5th season he scored 20+ with Bojinov as a strike partner

but i retired and now im starting a new game as Arsenal :angel

Phillips

Gunner4Eva said:
I think the only hassle's I have are Edu leaving on a Bosman Free Transfer (ironic anyone?!) and for some weird reason, Van Persie wants to leave too, saying he "deserves a more important role in the team" which really confuses me because I play him in every game.

i never had that problem with Edu, at seasons end i signed him up for a further two years

but i did have that problem with van Persie....but too be fair i started him off the bech alot :eek:ops:

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I'm in Season 2007/2008 and have just finished it. I went through the entire season unbeaten, including huge victories against Man Utd (7-1 victors at Emirates Stadium) and Liverpool (5-0 at Anfield). I won the FA Cup for the first time (finally!) and the Champions League for the 3rd time, 2nd time in a row, both with a win against Manchester United. A great season no doubt. My team is as follows.....

GK - Paul Robinson (Free Transfer) & Craig Callagher (300k)

DL - Ashley Cole & Gael Clichy
DR - Anthony Vanden Borre (4mil) & Lauren & Anthony Reveillere (4.2mil)
DC - Sol Campbell & Phillipe Senderos
DC - Jonathon Woodgate (Free Transfer) & Kolo Toure

ML - Jose Antonio Reyes & Robert Pires & David Bentley
MR - Freddie Ljungberg & Jermaine Pennant & Alessio Cerci (Free Transfer)
MC - Patrick Vieira & Gilberto
MC - Francesc Fabregas & Mathieu Flamini

FC - Thierry Henry & Arturo Lupoli
FC - Fernando Torres (Free Transfer) & Robin Van Persie & Quincy

A cheap team, as you can tell. I've also signed about 5 or 6 youngsters 17 and under for my youth setup and try to build them in stars. Im amazed though at the calibre of talent you can sign for free when players' contracts are unprotected. I can sign Adriano and Ibrhimovic for free if I wanted to. Its crazy!

But still, things are looking good! :p

Jammo

I finished the 06/07 season today, and increased my Premiership wins to 3 out of 3, and my Champions League wins to 2 out of 3.

Fernando Torres will sign on a Bosman in the summer that is upcoming in the game (he's valued at £43.5m).

Gurgen

Established Member
There is one man you must buy: Bojinov. Picked him up for about 11 mil, is worth 56 mil now.
Also after a few seasons watch out for a Brazilian called Luiz Carlos Hornburg Junior. The new Vieira.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Gurgen said:
There is one man you must buy: Bojinov. Picked him up for about 11 mil, is worth 56 mil now.
Also after a few seasons watch out for a Brazilian called Luiz Carlos Hornburg Junior. The new Vieira.

I was wondering whether I should buy him or not, but Im the cheapest son of a ***** in these games you'll ever find. I waited to get Fernando Torres on a Free Transfer

Phillips

Im just about to start season 2006-2007 (my third season) with Arsenal

Ive already won:

2 Premier League Titles
2 Community Shields (wins over Manchester United & Chelsea)
2 League Cups (wins over Middlesbrough & Liverpool)
2 FA Cups (wins over Everton & Chelsea)

My squad for the new season is

GK - Shay Given & Stuart Taylor

DL - Ashley Cole & Gael Clichy
DR - Kolo Toure, Stephen Carr, Emmanuel Eboue & Sergio Ramos
DC - Sol Campbell & Philippe Senderos
DC - Jonathan Woodgate

ML - Jose Antonio Reyes, David Bentley & Ryan Smith
MR - Fredrik Ljungberg & Robert Pires
MC - Gilberto & Francesc Fabregas
MC - Patrick Vieira, Mathieu Flamini

FC - Thierry Henry & Quincy Owusu Abeyie
FC - Robin van Persie, Dennis Bergkamp & Arturo Lupoli

Im also looking to get youngsters Andrea Consigli, Kerrea Gilbert, Johan Djourou, Gerard Lifondja, Theo Walcott, Labinot Harbuzi & Nicklas Bendtner some first team experience.

But im still looking to add to my side and with around 30M+ spending money plus Taylor, Traore, Hoyte & Mudingayi moving on at seasons end my main transfer targets are:

Christian Abbiati: Taylor is leaving at the end of season on a free so i need capaple backup for #1 Shay Given

Kevin Hofland or Samuel Kuffour: Backup for Campbell, Woodgate & Senderos

Benoit Pedretti or Maniche: To rotate with Gilberto, Cesc & Flamini in central midfield

Michael Essien: I tried to get him before but he could'nt get a work permit. so i'll try again

Jermaine Defoe, Adrian Mutu or Valeri Bojinov: To partner Henry upfront

Gurgen

Established Member
Gunner4Eva said:
Gurgen said:

I was wondering whether I should buy him or not, but Im the cheapest son of a ***** in these games you'll ever find. I waited to get Fernando Torres on a Free Transfer

I got him on a free too :wink:

Torres and Bojinov up front are ripping every team apart for me (Henry is retired).

Gooner83

My Squad 2006/07

GK - Carlo Cudicini (£8M) & Jens Lehmann

DL - Gael Clichy, Woodgate (Free) (coverted to DLC)

Sold Cole to Barca in exchange deal for Ronaldinho :) £20M over 12months plus Cole)

DR - Lauren & Toure
DC - Sol Campbell & Cygan
DC - Burdisso (£3M very nice player) & Senderos

ML - Robert Pires & Edu
MR - Ronaldinho & Nakamura (Free)
MC - Van Bommel (Free) & Fabregas
MC - Patrick Vieira, Mathieu Flamini

Sold Reyes to Real for £40M, Freddie to Hertha for 10M

FC - Thierry Henry & Van Persie
FC - Samual Eto'o (£16M) & Aliadere

Bergkamp Retired

I'm unbeaten in the leage after 21 games and i have 25M to use in January.

Gooner83

Phillips said:
how the f**k did you get Eto'o for 16M :shock:

he wont sign for my Arsenal side (06/07) and ive offered him 50M

Barcelona Transfer listed him.

Have you got patch 5.0.3 started from a new game?

Phillips

Gooner83 said:
Phillips said:
how the f**k did you get Eto'o for 16M :shock:

he wont sign for my Arsenal side (06/07) and ive offered him 50M

Barcelona Transfer listed him.

Have you got patch 5.0.3 started from a new game?

yeah, i got the patch and started a new game...Barcelona also transfer listed him, i kept bidding up to 51M for him but they refused.......then bloody Real Madrid came and bought him :x

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom