• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

football manager 2005

Aussie

Established Member
Well the way Port Adelaide are going it may be best if i just lock my days and play it for the next week.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
The way Port are playing, you might as well lock yourself in your room and play until September! :wink:

Just don't sell Jose Antonio...he's probably the best player in the game.

Aussie

Established Member
Cheers for that.

I have considered selling him. He has been good so far but from what i have heared he gets very very good.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Thats if you play him as a striker. I play him on the left midfield side, and he gets more than an assist a game average and about 10-15 goals a season.

In my current season, after 15 games he has an average rating of 9.14. Pure class!

Wenger14

Established Member
Reyes and Freddy Adu are amazing players whos values just sky rocket. I really am having a problem as I play them both on the left wing, and it ain't easy chossing who I want to play. Lupoli turns out into a brilliant striker as well. I sold RVP earlier on and ain't too pleased with it now as he always seems to appear on the goal of the month lists. The game although is very realistic and I'm in 7th season, I've won the league 5 times losing once to Man u towards the closing stages of the season. Henry is just amazing in this game and I managed to pick up Adriano for free and Eto'o for 21 mill. Just bought Gattusso at 32 years and he is doing brilliantly. Clcihy has turned out to be better than Cole and Vanden Bore is pretty solid at RB. Le boss should put an offer up for him :wink: as well as for Adu if this game is anything to go by.
Also for anyone starting this game, Lupoli RVP Aliadiere and Abeyie all turn out to be briliant strikersso don't let any of them go, and also buy Adu! He comes in very cheap at the start but his value for me now is almost 30 mill. + while managing Arsenal you might want to start managing the Mancs as well and sell the Ferdinands Rooneys Ronaldo etc. for free, hence ruining the club :angel might as well just sell them to Arsenal.

Phillips

after 8 seasons with Arsenal, winning the league 7 times and 23 other trophies

my saved game would'nt load :x

DAMMIT

Original_AAA

The best player I have on my team (as Arsenal ofcourse!) is Aimar. I was offered him in exchange for Cole and while I was sceptical at first I have never looked back. First of Clichy does fills coles shoes wonderfully and secondly Aimar is awesome. Worth 39,5 million punds and has a game average of 8,5 in the years I have had him.

As for other good buys I bougth Dida(got him on a bosman ruling, but had to compensate the club I bougth him from)
Real Madrid first snatched Joaquin from me with a bid of 50,2M £ only to bench him and sell him to me 1 and 1/2 year later for 8,5M £. :D

Unlike most of you it seems that I am somewhat of a well spending manager and entering my 4th season I have used over 100m £ on reinforcements, but I did net the Treble(CL, PL FA CUP) first season followed by a double(PL and FA cup) and my third season I Did two doubles(Won CL and PL, Runner up in Leauge Cup and FA cup(to Tottenham!! :x ))

Wesley Sneijeder is someone you all should look at btw. He has the wildest longshots and when he scores banana shots from 30 yards the commentator says "that is what we have come to expect from him!"

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
100mil! Geez...I think I've spent a max of 5mil on a player, and thats it. All up, in 5 seasons, I've spent something like 10mil. If I want a player, I usually go searching in the 'Unprotected Contract' list, and see whether I'd need to pay compensation or not.

Im a cheap bastard! :D

wongnow

I've had this game for two months and I think the word addiction is an understatement ... at least in my case. Right now I'm in season 2009-2010 with Arsenal. Transfer kitty is at 139 million euro after having sold Reyes for 47.5mil euro and Cesc for 40mil, Malbranque for 26mil to name a few. Just couldn't keep them as they refused my contract offers. A few of my purchases were de Jong for 15mil, Ben-Arfa for 18mil, Robinho for 20mil. I try not to over spend on big names and instead invest in prospects for my reserve team which is must cheaper to do but requires a lot of time to track them. So far, 4 Premier Cup. 2 FA Cup. 2 League Cup. 2 CL Cup.

There seems to be no end to this ... I am now a FootballManager expert according to the Addictedness Rating ... grown a few grey hairs too.

Feanor

Established Member
Phillips said:
after 8 seasons with Arsenal, winning the league 7 times and 23 other trophies

my saved game would'nt load :x

DAMMIT

I have a similar problem after 7 seasons, the game loads but when I hit continue on September 19th the game freezes. I've not played since that happened, too pissed to start over again. My team was fantastic but my reserves all loaded with promising players from scandanivian countries (denmark is a freaking factory of talent). I've won 7 straight EPL titles with arsenal, 3-4 FA cups and 3 ECL titles but I lost in the finals to Manure in the last season! I don't think I've ever won the league cup, I always play my backups! Fungus has retired, Chelsea still have *****-yo but have never finished higher than 3rd even though they had at one point: Ronaldhino, Ballack, Xavi Alonso and Adrianho! They bought them for ~50M each! Wenger has been at Liverpool for the last 3 seasons and he's turning them into contendenrs.

Some excellent signings relatively cheap:
Kompany (buy him as soon as you start the game)
Vanden Borre
Zuiveloon (good back CB or starting RB)
Hubscheman
Lahm (great buy ~6M from Bayern in the 2nd or 3rd season, AC milan just gave me 30M and Kaka for him!)
Philipe Santini (young french player will become a monster DCR in 4-5 seasons, didn't buy right away but cost me ~15M when I bought him)
Romain Clement (Le Havre or Caen, the next PV4)
There's a danish striker and I can't remember his name right now but he cost around 2M and after 2-3 years he has 20 Dribbling, 19 Finishing and all kinds of great stats, score 25-35 goals every season. He's my second striker, next to TH.
Kjell (belgian goalie will become great in a couple of years 18 handling, 19 reflexes)

That's all I can think of right now but there are many, many good cheap players. In the seven seasons, I've received over 300M pounds in fees for players I've bought on the cheap or on a free Bosman (Fabricio, brazilian DM, got on a bosman 2 seasons ago, sold him to Real for 30M last season). My transfer Kitty keeps growing!

I love this game but if I can't continue my game, I'll be really pissed!

wongnow

Don't know if it's a bug or what but in my 2010-2011 season the game seems to go on autopilot and it was making transfer decisions without any input from me. I had sold Vieira and then suddenly with my E150mil in transfer kitty the game made a E94mil offer for a Juve player and another E30mil for another player. I didn't get to have any say in them and the transfers went through. So now the club is broke and I'm left with players I didn't really need.

Well it's time to take a break from it anyway. :)

arsenalfan2005

I'm on Bearshare right now, and I typed in Football Manager 2005, but I dunno which one it is! Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

ps. My connection is Cable/DSL.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom