Football Manager 2019

Discussion in 'Football Games (FIFA, FM, FPL, etc.)' started by al-Ustaadh, Sep 30, 2018.

1. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Release date: November 2nd

New features analysis:

krackpot likes this.
  2. al-Ustaadh

Anybody else excited for it?

3. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

I'm definitely very interested, but won't make the mistake of buying it early November like last time.

Heard they have new training, which is a big improvement.

I'll try to keep myself from buying it before Christmas, or at least the first patch.

4. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Agenda Merchant

I like the chances to training system and tactic system. But really want to know more how the code really afftect the games !

5. Emeryates

Emeryates Kyle Walker at RB or we riot

They've finally changed training? :D

6. al-Ustaadh

For those interested in the tactics overhaul they've done. I like the look of it. You can do so much more.

krackpot likes this.
  7. al-Ustaadh

Speaking of FM, though, what CA and PA star ratings would you give to Nketiah, Nelson, ESR, Willock, and all of the Arsenal youngsters who people are currently high on?

8. carter777

carter777 Well-Known Member

The star ratings are relative to the rest of your squad. I think Reiss already has a high variable potential (-85 I believe). I suspect he'll stay the same.

I think most of our youth prospects have good potential in FM. A young player has to be doing Mbappe level things for SI to give them a fixed high PA going off past years.

9. al-Ustaadh

What do you mean they're relative to the rest of the squad? And how does the variable potential work?

10. carter777

The vast majority of players will have a PA set from 1 - 200 (Messi 199 for example). If a player is under 21 and SI don't really know how they'll turn out then they are given a negative PA, which is a variable PA set once you start a new game.
    • -10 = PA between 170 and 200
    • -95 = PA between 160 and 190
    • -9 = PA between 150 and 180
    • And so on
    Then once you start a game it assigns every young player with a PA between those brackets. So Reiss for example being -85 would get assigned somewhere between 140 and 170 every new game. In certain cases i.e. Donnarumma, Dembele, Mbappe. SI often give them a set PA despite being young because they feel they know how they'll turn out. I believe Donnarumma, Dembele & Mbappe are around 185.

Regarding the star ratings. What you are shown on scout reports or your squad list is how they compare to relevant players in your existing squad who play in his position.

e.g. you may have a player rated at 4 stars who after a couple of seasons has dropped to 3 stars, not necessarily because he's got worse but because your squad has improved. If you have a good left winger for instance rated 4 stars then sign Neymar and Hazard, that player is likely to be seen as a 2 or 3 star player because of the much higher ability of the players you signed.

Another way of looking at it is that 3 stars roughly shows a player would be considered "average" in your squad compared to your existing players who play in the same position. In those positions where your squad is weak it will be easier for a player to get a good star rating.

A bit long but I hope it helps.

krackpot and al-Ustaadh like this.
  11. al-Ustaadh

12. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

That video actually made me excited for FM19. All the additions mentioned sound great and fix a lot of the issues I had with 18, specifically the scouting and how it was presented etc.

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  13. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Agenda Merchant

Its

-10 = 170-200
    -95 = 165-195
    -9 = 160-170

14. carter777

Check in the Editor. The PA brackets are as I outlined

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  15. hydrofluoric acid