• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

France squad for Euro 2004

Aussie

Established Member
Fabien Barthez (Marseille), Gregory Coupet (Lyon), Mickael Landreau (Nantes); Jean-Alain Boumsong (Auxerre), Marcel Desailly (Chelsea), William Gallas (Chelsea), Bixente Lizarazu (Bayern Munich), Mikael Silvestre (Manchester United), Lilian Thuram (Juventus), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich); Ludovic Giuly (Monaco), Claude Makelele (Chelsea), Olivier Dacourt (Roma), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Robert Pires (Arsenal), Jerome Rothen (Monaco), Sylvain Wiltord (Arsenal), Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid), Benoit Pedretti (Sochaux); Thierry Henry (Arsenal), David Trezeguet (Juventus), Louis Saha (Manchester United), Steve Marlet (Marseille).

There it is, 3 arsenal players well if you include Wiltord.

JazzG

Established Member
If they still use Desailly as their CB than I can't see them winning this competition tbh.

KingReyes

Established Member
GlasgowGooner said:
what a team! Have to say their defence looks very shaky, who will partner Desailly at the back, Silvestre?

Gallas,Thuram,Desailly,Silvestre can all play CB. Desailly is probably the weakest but he'll play since he's captain.

nnaife

The squad doesnt make sense

Steve Marlet is really ****e he just can't score goals.

Sylvain Wiltord hasn't played for most of the season.

Bixente Lizarazu isnt the player he used to be, he's older, slower and gets beaten easily.

What about Djibril Cissé he's scored lots of goals in the french league this year might even be the leagues top scorer.

No place for Anelka, ok he and Santini arent too hot on each other but he's way way better than Wiltord and Marlet.

No place for Mexes, thats pretty shocking.

Julien Escude is a better option than thuram who isn't the same player he was a few years.

Santini hasn't picked wisely at all i feel he needed more youth in his squad.

JazzG

Established Member
Cisse is suspended. Escude over Thuram? Not sure about that. Marlet has been poor though.

KingReyes

Established Member
I think what you can notice that from both the England and France squads is that neither coach was willing to bring in new players for the tournament. Both basically kept to the same squad they used for the qualifying games.

Arjan

KingReyes said:
I think what you can notice that from both the England and France squads is that neither coach was willing to bring in new players for the tournament. Both basically kept to the same squad they used for the qualifying games.

according to the Dutch media, tomorrow will the Dutch squad be announced, and I am affraid that your conlusion goes for the Dutch squad as well.

So for Holland there will be a lot of over-aged dinosaurs playing:
Frank de Boer and Paul Bosvelt for example.

But I'll give you the squad as soon as it is announced

GlasgowGooner

Arjan said:
KingReyes said:

according to the Dutch media, tomorrow will the Dutch squad be announced, and I am affraid that your conlusion goes for the Dutch squad as well.

Looking forward to it, do you know if Robben will be fit yet?

Arjan

GlasgowGooner said:
Arjan said:
KingReyes said:

The latest is that he WILL be fit in time, but the last time the doctors said that, he was re-injured after 25 inutes of his first game with the same injury!

KingReyes

Established Member
Arjan said:
GlasgowGooner said:
Arjan said:
KingReyes said:

The latest is that he WILL be fit in time, but the last time the doctors said that, he was re-injured after 25 inutes of his first game with the same injury!

Hey Arjan, what about Van Persie? Does he have a chance? I'll take a guess and say 'NO' :cry:

Gurgen

Established Member
Nope not a chance. I have to say though that France have a wonderful team. Look at that midfield:

Giuly Vieira Zidane Pires :lol:

And the strike partnership goes without introduction:

Trez King Thierry

I'd watch out if I was England.

Arjan

KingReyes, as Gurgen said Van Persie has not got a real chance. He has not played much, he is not part of the **** Advocaat in-crowd and **** Advocaat is even more conservative then Sven goran Eriksson.

I am affraid you have as much chance of making the Dutch squad as RvP :wink:

Gurgen

Established Member
The Dutch squad is going down anyway. VdV can't hit a cow's arse the last few months, same for Ruud. Seedorf delivers for Milan but gets dispositioned constantly. The right wing is weak with only Van Der Meyde, the only real solid defenders are Stam, Bouma and maybe Gio. As far as I can see, the only real bright light is Davids.

Would they meet France, I believe Sagnol can contain Robben, he's quality.

brianfrance

Established Member
****ing santini :evil:
Marlet ??? he did nothing, as usual, this season. He's just there coz he's a friend of Santini !!!! CRAZY !!!

I'm very disapointed with this list, who make me think at the English squad. Boumsong and not Mexes ???? Or better than Mexes, the genius Evra :shock: He's on drugs. Marlet and no Luyindula, Govou or the great mildfield Micoud ??? :shock:

We won't win euro, it's sure now !

This is the 23 I'd take :
Barthez
Coupet
Frey

Evra
Silvestre
Gallas
GrandPa Desailly
Lizarazu
Sagnol
Thuram

Pedretti
Dacourt
Makelele
Viera
Micoud
Giuly
Bobby
Zizou
Rothen

TITI
Trez
Luyindula
Saha

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom