• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francesc Fàbregas Soler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flow

Salieri said:
Flow said:
Jack and Aaron will once play for our competitors won't they :(

As long as Wenger is in charge, this is very much a possibility imo. Arsène is the reason those two are here, and he very much might become the reason they leave.

But this Cesc transfer puts so much pressure on Özil. He must deliver on a Cesc level. In goals term, i think he can't, but in assists, he will. And here's where Ramsey comes in. Aaron must continue scoring. Only then we will be fine with losing what Cesc could bring.
I strongly believe Aaron will become better than Cesc. Scoring- and assist-wise. Heck, he already did the thing Cesc never could: winning us a trophy. 8))

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
Brotherz said:
Cesc is getting on now :p not exactly a spring chicken.

He's a year older than Özil...

Besides, Arteta, Rosicky, Cazorla, Diaby, and Flamini are hardly in the prime of their youth - all are older than Cesc.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
blaze_of_glory said:
Yup, and its actually a much healthier and more honest way of going about things, for both players and fans (even if I often struggle to see things that way myself). Players with actual loyalty to a club are going to be very few and far between, mostly connected to who they supported growing up etc. We shouldn't expect it to happen, we should just embrace the rare instances it does occur.
Excuse the lazy quote, but Cesc had several 'EPLs' to choose from, those guys don't.

One thing I've noticed from all this and seeing his mug again, is that he's turning into one ugly mofo. Chelsea fits after all.

SteveEvets

Barcelona can't hide their pleasure in getting rid:

The midfielder is leaving FC Barcelona after scoring 42 goals in 151 matches. There has been a downward trend in his stats every season at the club

But despite glowing starts to each campaign, Cesc’s contributions to the cause gradually decreased as each season drew to a close. From being someone who joined in with the attack, supplying and scoring goals, the magic tended to fade later on in each season. He only scored one, six and one goals in the last 24 games of each season. For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/cesc-fabregas-three-years-in-numbers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/fir ... in-numbers</a>

:lol: :lol:

Says a bit about Barcelona as a club that they'd write that sort of thing on their official site, even if it's true.

While it is going to be difficult to see him playing for that pack of ****s, you have to remember that he is now one of them. As long as we do our business it won't matter a jot. Younger fans, if this doesn't completely shatter your view that football isn't anything other than a ruthless, pragmatic business this should do the trick. No time for loyalty and warm feelings. Sol moving to us was an eye opener for me, since then I've come to understand that just about anything can and will happen.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Suave Gooner89 said:
tap-in said:
I said a while back, if we signed him I would be concerned about Wengers sanity. Not because I dont rate Cesc but because we just dont need him. Glad to see Wenger agrees with me and that he is still sane :)

Think I'll reserve judgement on Wenger's sanity until I see him address our DM, RB, and CF needs...

Thats goes without saying, but for now I know he's sane :D

blaze_of_glory

AnthonyG said:
blaze_of_glory said:
Yup, and its actually a much healthier and more honest way of going about things, for both players and fans (even if I often struggle to see things that way myself). Players with actual loyalty to a club are going to be very few and far between, mostly connected to who they supported growing up etc. We shouldn't expect it to happen, we should just embrace the rare instances it does occur.
Excuse the lazy quote, but Cesc had several 'EPLs' to choose from, those guys don't.

One thing I've noticed from all this and seeing his mug again, is that he's turning into one ugly mofo. Chelsea fits after all.

True, but if he got a better offer from Chelsea than any team in another league then why wouldn't he go there? His GF lives in London anyway. If you take the emotions out of it, the decision makes sense from his point of view. ****ty from our perspective, but there it is.

Buhry

Established Member

I'm pretty upset with this since Fabregas was one of my favorite players. Who am I kidding this is more upsetting than van persie joining the mancs. I do get why we didn't sign him though, but this puts some pressure on the board and wenger to deliver some solid signings in the positions were we do need players, they better come up with something good or there will be a lot of mad fans.

Oh well, I hope he has medicore career for Chelsea and keeps up the form that made barca fans want him out.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Cesc wasn't going to any other city in Europe. Arsenal and Chelsea were the only runners. His girl, all his friends and ex-Arsenal team mates all live in London, Herts or Surrey. Fans can be such fickle, unrealistic selfish ****s at times.

blaze_of_glory

I thought I'd be furious at him for going to Chelsea, honestly. But now that it's happened I don't even care. I think my spite and vitriol over this kind of thing was exhausted by RvP and its not come back.

Cesc left us in 2011. Three years ago. Of his own free will and against the wishes of the club.

His time as an Arsenal player ended then.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
The Jury said:
Cesc wasn't going to any other city in Europe. Arsenal and Chelsea were the only runners. His girl, all his friends and ex-Arsenal team mates all live in London, Herts or Surrey. Fans can be such fickle, unrealistic selfish ***** at times.

Yeah, no way he was going to bench Nolan here.

Cruisio

Established Member
Well that's that then.

Unless we pull off a big big coup ourselves I can see a lot of other players worrying about the ambitions of the club again, Cesc still has a lot of mates at the club and to pass on him so easily if we don't have some big moves lined up won't go down well with the rest of the squad.

We've got to pull our finger out or it's going to end up being more of the same

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Cruisio said:
Well that's that then.

Unless we pull off a big big coup ourselves I can see a lot of other players worrying about the ambitions of the club again, Cesc still has a lot of mates at the club and to pass on him so easily if we don't have some big moves lined up won't go down well with the rest of the squad.

We've got to pull our finger out or it's going to end up being more of the same

Exactly, and we only have 11 weeks left to do it :D

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Proof said:
It's official!
BXViOGU.jpg

BobP

Memri Fan
Agree 100% with the clubs decision to not bring Cesc back. Absolutely no need for him to be here but obviously as an Arsenal supporter I do feel a little sick in the stomach about the fact that he has gone off to play for Chelsea and to make matters worse under Mourinho.

onetowatch

Was looking forward to the World Cup, particularly Spain v Holland tomorrow night to kick off the weekend. Fully expecting Cesc to come off the bench to score the winner now :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom