• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francesc Fabregas

MightyArsenal

The only problem he has is pace and stamina, it was quite evident against river plate when he was chasing after players. But like ive said before this guy is the dog's bóllocks is is our biggest prospect apart from reyes.

johe

calvinngai88 said:
Never underestimate a player with small build. Look at Shaun Wright Phillips, Xabi Alonso, etc. They are about the same size, and they actually excelled in their games. Whenever Cesc lost the ball, which was really seldom I didn't remember any particular ones, he chased back and got back the ball. Isn't that amazing for such a young player to have such determination and courage to do that? Moreover, he's a foreigner. Great stuff!

Xabi Alonso may be small, but he sure as hell is strong! Wright Phillips is a wingman, and so he doesn't need to be strong, just like Freddie for us. Central midfield is demands a lot more physical prowess from players, and is why small players like Davids and Xabi Alonso are very strong.

And what difference did it ever make that he's a foreigner? So is Vieira, so is Gilberto, so is Kolo Toure, and they're all brave and very determined. Nationality isn't an issue in this case.

Feis-al

I think he meant foreigner strengthen the point of being physical the English way but not categorically segregating nationalities.

Jinn

Established Member
He'll be playing in England long enough to learn how to deal with physicality.

Henry IV

I really hope Cesc makes it. He's a really talented young guy. He's in our history books already so that'll give him bags of confidence.

dsurg

IMHO this guy is the best prospect we have in the club....he'll be here for a long long time I hope..I think he and Reyes are going to be what TH14 and PV4 are now....the best striker and midfielder in the world

MightyArsenal

I think we have the best spine in the world, henry,vieira,cambell...but looks like vieira is off, he just wants his contract to be equal to that of galactico status ie 100k per week not 60k. So Cesc has gotta be the real deal in the next few years or we are buggered.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Barcelona must rue the day we stole Cesc from right under their noses. I see Cesc as future Arsenal captain. He's such a classy little player who plays with the maturity of a 27-year-old not a 17-year-old.

lee1001

Established Member
16 years old...that is incredible.
Absoutely incredible.

With players like Reyes, Cesc, Bentley, Van Persie, Hoyte, Clichy, Senderos, Pennant and perhaps Ryan Smith i am more excited about the future of our team than the current team.
And thats without any world class players Wenger's buys as a result of increased revenue from the new stadium and other young players he brings in to develop at the youth academy.

Even if we win **** all this year, we are almost guaranteed success for at least the next decade if not longer.

And all because of one man.

r_blair2

Im 1 month and 15 days older than him....Ooohh. Mite give him a phone call 2 see if he wants to play alongside me for my local team this year. (We won the League last Season :lol: )

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yuri said:
Why do you all keep saying that he is 17 :?: He's 16 (28.8.1987)

Good grief. This kid is only 8 months and 20 days younger than me. Now thats scary. Having players that are younger than you play for the first team, and score for them. I am just astonished.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
lol. Yeah. But its scary when I think about it. WhenI play football in the park or for my local team I always show off at being the best, but when I see players who are at Premiership standard who are younger than me it is a very sobering feeling.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom