• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Franco Semioli

asajoseph

Established Member
I'm reluctant to move this, as he's recently publically come out and said he wants to move to Roma...

The Flying Donkeys though.... class....

zuberi

yup, and i wouldnt be surprised if we actually bring him over to england.
hes a good player, but i dont like him...don't know why :p

F_Henry

Another Winger? As good as he might be we already have Reyes, Hleb, Rosicky, and Ljunberg! and Walcott and Ryan Smith as potential substitues, do we really need another winger? If Reyes played more upfront, which he plays better den on the wings and Rosicky plays a more central role, then I wouldn't be so opposed to the idea.

KY

Established Member
reyes better upfront? somehow i don't think so. maybe because of his profiligacy in front of goal. not too sure though.

Army of Me

Established Member
you can never have enough good players tbh.

i mean, who do we have really?

helb and rosicky - first choice.

reyes, ljungberg, smith, walcott - not good enough as backup imo. reyes is the absolute definition of inconsistent, ljungberg has been slowly getting crapper over the past 2 seasons and walcott and smith are both untried.

we dont owe anyone anything, and if buying in another winger means reyes, ljungberg or smith has to go then so be it.

Jaz.14

pha2er said:

reyes, ljungberg, smith, walcott - not good enough as backup imo. reyes is the absolute definition of inconsistent, ljungberg has been slowly getting crapper over the past 2 seasons and walcott and smith are both untried.

we dont owe anyone anything, and if buying in another winger means reyes, ljungberg or smith has to go then so be it.

I know what you mean; but yes you can have too many players, especially when your over £300 million pounds in debt...I would really hate for Reyes/Ljunberg to be sold..God we already lack experienced players who have been at Arsenal a long time, and anyway ljunberg's all action displays make him more important then some next Italian guy..Also Reyes is just waiting to explode he;s got so much talent just needs to deliver on the regular, he is running out of time but has got one last season for sure...It would be so f**king pointless to buy talents l ike Reyes and then not give him a proper chance, i mean i kno he's had a season and half which is more than enough, but i would rather give him one more season rather then sign Ribery/Italian guy or whoever..they would again need alot of time to establish themselves and it would jus be like going around in bloody circles!!

I'm still suprised were being linked for wingers, i still think there 2/3 other areas way more important for example, DC, GK, and MC..but i do think we may add a winger, but i think it'll be more for backup like maybe a young guy, who can play in reserves for a season and a bit...

TheEconomist

Established Member
Werent we linked to him earlier in the season? Im pretty certain i remember reading about an Italian winger that nearly made the Italy squad..

F_Henry

Jaz.14 said:
pha2er said:

I know what you mean; but yes you can have too many players, especially when your over £300 million pounds in debt...I would really hate for Reyes/Ljunberg to be sold..God we already lack experienced players who have been at Arsenal a long time, and anyway ljunberg's all action displays make him more important then some next Italian guy..Also Reyes is just waiting to explode he;s got so much talent just needs to deliver on the regular, he is running out of time but has got one last season for sure...It would be so f**king pointless to buy talents l ike Reyes and then not give him a proper chance, i mean i kno he's had a season and half which is more than enough, but i would rather give him one more season rather then sign Ribery/Italian guy or whoever..they would again need alot of time to establish themselves and it would jus be like going around in bloody circles!!

I'm still suprised were being linked for wingers, i still think there 2/3 other areas way more important for example, DC, GK, and MC..but i do think we may add a winger, but i think it'll be more for backup like maybe a young guy, who can play in reserves for a season and a bit...

pha2er doesn't know what he's talkin about, I agree more with Jaz.14! btw,We are on the verge of signing a 17 year old winger from Heereven (Vincent van den Berg) so that will fit in nicely to your idea. And how can you say pha2er say he wouldn't mind if Reyes and Ljunberg can leave, sure Reyes is inconsistent but he needed time to adjust to becoming a striker in England, now he needs time to adjust to be a winger, so just give him a little time. And Ljunberg has had major injury problems and he's now getting back to his normal, great self. I'd prefer to have Ljunberg who fights for every ball, and never stops running then a "no-name" player.

gunner_down_under

I honestly reckon Freddie will be back to his best next season, a slight change of tactics might help too....He played a lot better in the champs league with 4-5-1.

asajoseph

Established Member
What is the point discussing Semioli when he said himself today that he is going to Roma?

Meh, that's what I was thinking...

reyes, ljungberg, smith, walcott - not good enough as backup imo.

Apart from Chelsea, I'd like to know who you think is deeper in this area...

GunneDown

never heard of him....

There is always a few people on here that have seen every player linked with Arsenal.... strang.. people must watch a hell of a lot of football.

oba101

Why not sell Adebayor, use Reyes and van Persie and buy Torres to partner Henry upfront, and use any two when Henry is tired and needs a rest and buy that winger or Ribery? Seems good to me.

asajoseph

Established Member
oba101 said:
Why not sell Adebayor, use Reyes and van Persie and buy Torres to partner Henry upfront, and use any two when Henry is tired and needs a rest and buy that winger or Ribery? Seems good to me.

It might seem good, but believe me, it won't happen.

naqi7121

2006/2007 Arsenal

Lehmean

Eboua/Hoyt Toura/Cygan Campbell/Senderos Cole/Clichy

Ljungberg/Hleb Fabregas/Flamni Gilberto/Deaby Reyes/Rocisky

Hanry/ van Persie Trazegate or Villa or Torres
/ Reyes

OUT : Leruen / Adabyearo
IN: Torres or Villa or Trazigate / Experianced DC and MC/DM[/b]

Army of Me

Established Member
asajoseph said:
What is the point discussing Semioli when he said himself today that he is going to Roma?

Meh, that's what I was thinking...

reyes, ljungberg, smith, walcott - not good enough as backup imo.

Apart from Chelsea, I'd like to know who you think is deeper in this area...
i dont care who's deeper tbh - i dont give a crap about other teams. reyes can't play on the wing, i challenge anyone to dispute this. ljungberg has been getting worse and worse over the past 2 seasons - seriously people, compare his performances in our unbeaten season to the last 2 - it's night and day, a different player. and as for walcott and smith - who's actually seen them play enough to say they warrant a place in our team?

sorry, i stand by what i say - we don't have good enough backup - i'm not saying this semioli is the answer, i've never seen him play, but we need to make changes, some serious ****ing changes, i think the fact we finished 4th last season and couldn't even win the diddy cup kind of backs up what i'm saying. so f_henry, instead of claiming i dont know what i'm talking how about you try opening your ****ing eyes - last season was ****e, we're not a 'just-scrape-4th' team, thats ****ing spuds territory - Arsène needs to change our entire midifield for the new season or our historic first season in our new stadium will be just as disappointing as our last in our old stadium.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom