• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Considering what he said about our defensive issue I wonder if thats the top thing he will work on with our defenders, not to keep backing off on counters, main way we concede our goals. From here if that improves & we start scoring goals again, makes me wonder whether they'll do that, give him all year.
probably why Per is alongside - he did his own share of arm waving yesterday

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

This weekend may be too quick but I don't think they can leave it. They already look weak.
You'd like to hope they already have a few deep in thought at least, next one probably has to be the best long term option. We have looked disappointing all year, not denying that at all.

Joestlaachmkr

:rolleyes:

You need a new sport. This one is beyond you..
So you are telling me that Freddie was hired as assistant coach and now interim cause of his results as a manager?

Dont get me wrong, i love Freddie but there is a big difference between being a legendary player and manager. A manager should be judged by his skills and results as manager, his playing carreer is irrelevant.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
So you are telling me that Freddie was hired as assistant coach and now interim cause of his results as a manager?

Dont get me wrong, i love Freddie but there is a big difference between being a legendary player and manager. A manager should be judged by his skills and results as manager, his playing carreer is irrelevant.
No he was hired as interim because he is the assistant coach... This actually happens all the time in football. Which rock have you been hiding under?
Also, where are all these assistant coaches with major honours from managerial roles? What are you even talking about? City have Arteta as an assistant coach. Did he get that job from all his success as a manager?

Also Freddie didn't outright fail at youth level did he?

New sport. Find one..

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Reading some of the posts here makes me feel like I'm in a lunatic asylum.

Dissing Freddie, on his first game, having literally one session to prepare is absolute madness. What world do you guys live in?

Change takes time, look how Emery has turned a top 4 team in to relegation fodder in 18months. To undo this mess after having 1 session is impossible and delusional.

The first half performance, we played some decent football. possibly the best since the second half of the Sp**s game. We were dominant and in total control again which we haven't been all season espically away from home.

The two Goals we conceded were both counter attacks, unfortunately having two turnips in defence doesn't help. I'm pretty sure if we still had Kos we wouldn't have conceded either goal. But it's something that can be put right by doing a Man City and tactical fouling further up the pitch. something which norwich did excellently, I remember two clear counters for us where Norwich took down our players in our own half to stop the counter ( their players didn't even get a yellow).

Freddie didn't get the subs right, but he's a smart guy and quick learner, He mentioned that we lost control of the midfield in the second half. I'm sure he'll get it right next time.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I'm still baffled about the decision not to sack Emery during the international break.

He would have two weeks to prepare them for Southampton, his first game at home. The Emirates would push the team for the win and then the team would have a better feeling for the Norwich game.

There would be a big chance to have 4 points more, only 3 points behind Chelsea.

Joestlaachmkr

No he was hired as interim because he is the assistant coach... This actually happens all the time in football. Which rock have you been hiding under?
Also, where are all these assistant coaches with major honours from managerial roles? What are you even talking about? City have Arteta as an assistant coach. Did he get that job from all his success as a manager?

Also Freddie didn't outright fail at youth level did he?

New sport. Find one..
Yep, but in most cases the assistant coach also has to go if a manager is sacked by some club, but not in this case. Most assistant managers for top clubs had experience as head coach. Pep personally chosed Arteta to be one of his assistants at City because he had experience as a player in the PL, had captained a PL side, they speak the same language and Arteta is - according to Pep a good reader of the game.

There is a slight difference between being a youth coach and manager.

I think you should find a new hobby.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Anybody criticising Freddie after just one practise session is an idiot. As is anybody criticising him for not picking the team they wanted.

Give the man a chance ffs.
To be fair, the lineup was very much a piece of ****, as were the subs :lol:. That said, he only had 1 full session with the squad to prepare, that must be factored in, as surprising as that lineup was to me. The next 2 lineups/selections will be more eye-opening.

bandaid

should not start with 3 CMs and two strikers. Simple. Lose if you have to, but with style and dignity, not in a disjointed mess.

And Doozi is not a CM, he is a CAM if need be.

mpower2540

Reading some of the posts here makes me feel like I'm in a lunatic asylum.

Dissing Freddie, on his first game, having literally one session to prepare is absolute madness. What world do you guys live in?

Change takes time, look how Emery has turned a top 4 team in to relegation fodder in 18months. To undo this mess after having 1 session is impossible and delusional.

The first half performance, we played some decent football. possibly the best since the second half of the Sp**s game. We were dominant and in total control again which we haven't been all season espically away from home.

The two Goals we conceded were both counter attacks, unfortunately having two turnips in defence doesn't help. I'm pretty sure if we still had Kos we wouldn't have conceded either goal. But it's something that can be put right by doing a Man City and tactical fouling further up the pitch. something which norwich did excellently, I remember two clear counters for us where Norwich took down our players in our own half to stop the counter ( their players didn't even get a yellow).

Freddie didn't get the subs right, but he's a smart guy and quick learner, He mentioned that we lost control of the midfield in the second half. I'm sure he'll get it right next time.
This whole he’s had one game attitude doesn’t sit right with me tbh. He’s been working with these players for the whole season and in my opinion an astute/good coach would’ve identified the strengths weaknesses of the players by now.

He made some glaring mistakes yesterday. Özil out wide in favour of placing Willock at 10, he’s worked with Willock at youth level hasn’t he? Surely he should’ve realised that his game is more suited playing from deep. Two slow poor recovery players in the midfield who more or less want to do the same thing. A elite level goal scorer shunted out wide (where he’s far less effective) to accommodate a slow back to goal fox in the box who has a dreadful goals record away from home. The defence I place no blame because they’re all dreadful. His subs came too late and Saka just looked like a rabbit in the head lights.

We definitely played more progressively in the opening stages and credit to him for that. Although, I said in another thread, I think the good start was down to Norwich being quite wary of us and as soon as the penalty had to be retaken the crowd were up, the game changed and Norwich upped their intensity. When teams do this we struggle, probably why we’ve surrendered so many leads this season.

Hopefully having the perspective of the head coach and watching the players as the main man opened his eyes to the deficiencies but the fact that he’s been around this squad for the whole season and that’s the team he went for raises major alarm bells for me and the fact it’s only been one game shouldn’t elevate him above any criticism.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Yep, but in most cases the assistant coach also has to go if a manager is sacked by some club, but not in this case. Most assistant managers for top clubs had experience as head coach. Pep personally chosed Arteta to be one of his assistants at City because he had experience as a player in the PL, had captained a PL side, they speak the same language and Arteta is - according to Pep a good reader of the game.

There is a slight difference between being a youth coach and manager.

I think you should find a new hobby.
Stop embarrassing yourself. Assistant managers haven't had experience as head coach, that's just bullsh*t. Did you know Freddie also has PL experience? And that he became coach on Wenger's suggestion. He has also unlike Arteta been Assistant manager earlier at Wolfsburg.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom