• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-d

Established Member
Gurgen said:
One thing I never understood about people here: Freddie is past it but why do some feel the need to abuse him? Same happened to Pires last season. He was a big player for us who is simply over the hill, show some goddamn respect.

QFT.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
One thing I never understood about people here: Freddie is past it but why do some feel the need to abuse him? Same happened to Pires last season. He was a big player for us who is simply over the hill, show some goddamn respect.
You're right, i gave Pires so much abuse in his decline and it weren't actually his fault he was picked. not to mention that he still actually brought things to the team that we now actually miss, even off the bench he was an option that this team was built around and we miss him now he's gone. i do apologise for all the abuse i gave him. but that said, that's the abuse. summarising his short falls and inabilities was fair and rightful. the same goes for Ljungberg and while i don't feel i've ever actually abused him. i have been spot on in my analysis of the weakness that he is, from way back two seasons ago when it was only me and RtC that felt this way.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
sabret00the said:
i have been spot on in my analysis of the weakness that he is, from way back two seasons ago when it was only me and RtC that felt this way.

:)

You remembered! All prejudices aside, it's very hard for me to see how Freddie is going improve and play a full part in this Arsenal side. The moaning drivel he came out with the other day about it all being down to the kids? Can he blame last night's "performance" on them too? I can't believe, marco, that you're happy to pay to go to away games and watch Ljungberg sitting on his arse, constantly moaning, and jumping out of tackles- and yes, he did last night.

Do you not think Thierry's been getting battered by defenders for the last 7 years? He's been able to cope with it, Reyes used to gewt battered by defenders, don't remember you having much sympathy for him.

Also, this big game player boll0cks, every game at Arsenal should be a big game, Freddie needs to "turn it on" on more occasions than an end of season final and a couple of away games. Otherwise you will find very quickly that Arsenal won't be playing in any "big" games that mean anything.

JazzG

Established Member
Freddie at his peak was never great in the build up play or great at taking people on. He was great at finishing off moves but now all that has happened is that either he is not making those runs or nobody is picking them up.

He has had a torrid run with injuries and for Sweden imo he has done ok so I still think he has something to offer but he needs to get some games and once he gets a few goals I think his confidence will be back.

JazzG

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
JazzG said:
he needs to get some games and once he gets a few goals I think his confidence will be back.

I'm sure you said that a year ago...

;-)

I think I've been saying it for 3 years now mate :lol: If he could steer clear from injuries I think he would find form again, every damn time it looks like he has hit form again he breaks down with an injury!

Sammer

Established Member
JazzG said:
RocktheCasbah said:
JazzG said:
he needs to get some games and once he gets a few goals I think his confidence will be back.

I'm sure you said that a year ago...

;-)

I think I've been saying it for 3 years now mate :lol: If he could steer clear from injuries I think he would find form again, every damn time it looks like he has hit form again he breaks down with an injury!

No excuse. Other players come back from injury - and Freddie had enough games last season to find his form.

He is finished, he will not get any better, and the only way he can stay in this team is by reducing his wages and putting him on the bench as a sub. Only play him, when others are injured or need a rest.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Even thou I agree with Sammer I think he uses to harsh words! Freddie would be the second guy after Toure runningh ead first into a wall if Wenger asked the team to do so, while Henry would stand there scratching his head saying: "Que le Boss"

His style of play has destroyed his body, and he has played most of his career with us and cosntantly been one of the msot fouled plaeyr in the PL. He was like the energizer bunny, just 2 settings on or off.'
He could have left a sinking ship for a payrise in Spain or Italy for several years aswell and can still paly a part in our team, nbot as a regular starter but we should show him love nonetheless!

daniel

I think no body here questions Freddies commitment, it may be a bit harsh when you say someone is finished, but, the truth always hurts.

Freddie is one of my favorite players, but even I can see that his good days are over. At least in a 'big' team in Premiership. He gave us many good years, and maybe his style did ruin his body, but that doesn't erase the fact that he is really over. He won't be a footballer he was a few years back, never again.

otfgoon

Established Member
I dont think Freddie is finished, he still playes well for Sweden. But I do think he's finished for us, maybe the way we play is asking too much of him now? Part of me still want to believe its just confidence and sharpness though :(

Still thinking about it, not may teams have a 4th choice winger like him anyway.

daniel

otfgoon said:
I dont think Freddie is finished, he still playes well for Sweden. But I do think he's finished for us, maybe the way we play is asking too much of him now? Part of me still want to believe its just confidence and sharpness though :(

Still thinking about it, not may teams have a 4th choice winger like him anyway.
And that's everything most of us is actually trying to say.

patrick42uk

Established Member
to be honest, i just cant believe how sluggish he looked at times, espcially in possesion. i'm hoping thats a bit of rustiness from being out injured. first game of the season i actually felt he was pretty energetic and hopefully he still has it in him to recapture that.

qs

Established Member
He's not 4th choice though. He's hardly behind Theo in the pecking order and its a bit of a stratch to call Rosicky a winger. If he was 4th choice that'd be fine but while Wenger isnists on playing him its not going to be pretty.

Stick him in the Carling Cups team as captain and give him 10 minutes here and there for the first team. He just cant cut it any more.

marco

anyone see fulham arsenal last year..
who was our best player that day??

freddy,
did we miss him last night???

of course not, he is past it what would he have given us, other than a constant threat and non stop movement...

at least we have the wonderful hleb

jay-d

Established Member
Where the flip is this 'constant threat' crap coming from? When's the last Freddie was a constant threat. Get over it man.

marco

jay-d said:
Where the flip is this 'constant threat' crap coming from? When's the last Freddie was a constant threat. Get over it man.

Do you ever watch games and see how much ljunberg is man marked how many people double up on him,.......

hleb was appaling last night absolute **** and should not be playing saturday

marco

jay-d said:

and if its knee jerk i dont give a ****..
i paid 40 quid to watch that bullshit last night and see those wankers and at least freddy would have shown some ****ing passion and commitment and would have given us more than our so called captain and wonderful belarus playmaker

Lukazan

Established Member
marco said:
what would he have given us, other than a constant threat and non stop movement...

at least we have the wonderful hleb

A constant threat? You are nuts, absolutely nuts. :lol:

He offers a threat of what exactly? A seriously bad migraine due to all his moaning for anyone within 20 yards of him? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom