• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mood

I want to keep Freddie. He's given a lot to the club, and is still useful as a backup player. Our squad is quite thin, if we lose Freddie we'll be extremely thin on the wings. Freddie may not be as useful as before as a first team player, but is decent as a backup player.

Paddy from Sweden

Suddenly I started to feel a bit sad about it and it's NOT about nationality. ;-)

Ljungberg has always given his all for the club and been a fighter when times have been tough and certainly when trying to get rid of all the injuries he's had..

Thommybhoy

Established Member
If that happens nobody form my 2004 Arsenal DVD cover will no longer be here, and how many 2004 players we will have? Kolo, Jens, Gilberto.

IBL

Established Member
Talks appear to have intensified.

For all his limitations as a player I will miss Fredy if he goes, a right tenacious little terrier...but the time is right for him to move on and for us to bring in someone of better quality who can replace him out wide. Fredy would still make for a compotent squad player but nothing more.

Was watching the 01/02 season - what a job he did for us at the tail end of that season.

Grampus_Eight

It will be very sad to see Freddie go and unfortunate that he couldn't get fit or find his acceleration to prolong his career here by another couple of seasons. He has been a great player and just about always gave his best when he played.

Personally, I would have liked him to go to the great Arsenal retirement home Villareal, but I guess they've enough wide players as it is.

I still can't digest the idea that Fiorentina will actually pay us a good sum of money for him or won't tie the fee directly to appearances.

There is of course the possibility that Freddie will be re-juvenated in Tuscany and score 8-10 goals next season. However, that seems very remote and even if it were to happen - right now, the best decision for Arsenal football club seems clear.

It is very unfortunate in my opinion that the best Freddie replacements are over-priced, off the market, or unavailable though.

If Reyes and Freddie had been somehow sold a month a go and brought in a combined £13m, would that have allowed us to compete for some higher profile players?

ronitc

how about that goal against chelski in the fa cup final, bloody hell that was a sweet shot. didn't think he had it in him, even then.

Grampus_Eight

If Freddie were fit and could be available on the bench for most games during the season, I'd probably want to keep him despite his lost acceleration, his inability to score or even get round his defender, but he's almost never healthy.

dos1986

Established Member
Grampus_Eight said:
If Freddie were fit and could be available on the bench for most games during the season, I'd probably want to keep him despite his lost acceleration, his inability to score or even get round his defender, but he's almost never healthy.

Freddie out Gouffran in would be perfect....I cant think of anyone thats available for cheap,that has the qualities to replace a young Freddie,only Gouffran..His rapid pace,great touch,clinical finishing and off the ball movement on the wings is very Freddie....I can see ous bring in Gouffran this summer if Freddie is sold...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
talk about the clearing out of the old guard... Freddie was the last one... Bobby, Paddy, DB (ret), Sol, Thierry, Freddie... thats about it. we really are moving to a new phase at Arsenal....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom