• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asajoseph

Established Member
bojed said:
thanks for the beautiful memories freddie.

gutted that you can't have a testimonial match. hope you'll find a better path with the hammers.

this would mean either Arsène will hunt for a winger or he thinks walcott is ready to play as hleb's deputy.

It's not Walcott I'm worried about - it's whoever Wenger things will be playing on the left for the 1/3 of a season Rosicky will inevitably spend injured?

Diaby?

Flamini?

asajoseph

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
I remember a quote about Wenger wanting to bring Modric in now, but doesn't want to upset squad members.

Maybe he'll bring him in now? He'll be cup tied, but I don't think that'll stop Arséne.

I wonder what'll upset the squad more...

Signing Luca Modric, or running out of wingers by november...

Hmm, that's a toughie ;)

Nutsy

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
actually i am just making a guess. nobody knows who is going to start. but i reckon 7m won't be easily left on the bench.

wenger would never sell someone without replacement readymade. i am sure a winger or a attackingmid would come.

btw b_c, i don't think babel would be a good signing by that price. malouda is always never an option for us. ribery, well...godknows

I hear that, which is why some on this borad keep insisting that Eboue will move up front and Sagna to remain in Right Back.. Ribery, We were in the race, a lil part of me was in full doubt that we were close to signing him as what some has suggested that we are more than 99.01% favourites to sign him.

Bollocks!

Odd that nothing is yet to be updated on Arse.com. So much for the "I'll never play for another English club" statement.

Like I said. all Bollocks.

P/S : Clarifying that Am not bitter about him moving, but am bitter if we dont have anyone to replace him.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Goodbye Freddie and thanks for the memories.
Absolute legend. Will never be forgotten.

Although, so much for "I could never play for any other English club" and all that.
Suppose player's words mean pretty much bugger all these days.

nidza7

Established Member
invisibleman18 said:
Goodbye Freddie and thanks for the memories.
Absolute legend. Will never be forgotten.

Although, so much for "I could never play for any other English club" and all that.
Suppose player's words mean pretty much bugger all these days.

QFT Henry,Vieira,Campbell the list is endless I guess

siddharth

Freddie is a legend and i thank him for all he has done for the club. My only regrets are that he should have been sold two seasons before and he should have moved to spain or italy.

I don't think watching any arsenal player had been such a pain in the last couple of seasons other than freddie. It seems the injury to julian faubert was a blessing in disguise !

Gocklosaurus

Well this makes me feel bad! I like Freddie, he is such a great guy. I understand why he left, also he is in my opinion not to bad for arsenal.

Don`t be mad about "i could not play for any other english club", in his age the money is the most important aspect.

Now the new era is coming, but to be honest, i am a kind of afraid...! We kicked out the rest of experience! It is like last season...

Nutsy

Established Member
asajoseph said:
He is - but then Wenger hasn't signed an established wide player for years.

Modric has played a little on the flanks, I believe, and fits the mould of what Wenger obviously looks for in his wide players - technique, passing, and a complete phobia of scoring a goal ;)

It's just a guess, anyhow - it could just as easily be Di Maria or Gouffran. I'll tell you who it won't be though - Ricardo Quaresma. I don't know why anyone's even bothering to get their hopes up.

Quaresma is a bloody pipe dream. Can't believe we actually linked to this guy.

Di Maria is a scam. Yawn. What else is new? If what you mentioned on Modric with that statement we already have that guy and his name is Biggus' favourite, Aliaksandr Hleb! Why do I get the feeling that Arsène will not be bringing any natural wingers and will play Hleb in wide??

I need a drink.

Yup Arse.com Confirmed it.

Frddie to West Ham

kym7224

Watching press conference live on SSN

Freddie criticize us not to sign promised big names.

AW really promised players bring big names? Henry, Freddie all said same thing.

He promised and not keep it blah blah...

Very sad day, I agree he has to go but still sad really. :(

awooga83

Established Member
Big_Cake said:
Reyes anyone?

*gets coat*

It doesn't matter how many coats you give him he still won't want to play for Arsenal not to mention the impracticalities of wearing one while playing football.

Little disappointed in Freddies statements following other supposedly experienced players down the criticising Arsenal route saying 2 years ago we promised lots of big signings to take the club forward and that hasn't happened. In a time when we are a bit shaky shall we say the more experienced players should no better but they are broadcasting to everyone things aren't good behind the scenes at Arsenal and not helping us if we were tracking any more experienced people or signings in general.

siddharth

Just the read the article on westham's official site and i'm shocked beyond words that freddie has signed a 4 year deal.

kym7224

Big_Cake said:
I am actually very sad, sadder than when Henry left which is weird.

me too big_cake maybe he is final piece of our unbeaten squad (I know there are still Gilberto, Jens and Toure) but feel like real end of era.

nidza7

Established Member
I really wish Freddie didn`t say what he said on SSN.

Come Freddie,we`re giving you warm good byes here.Be greatful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom