• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

French Trio Sign New Arsenal Deals!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

2002-06-20.gif
IMG_7039.JPG

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I mean Hydro is going in on him but he is right in a way. Coquelin as a player is extremely limited which in itself isn't a problem, but for as long as we persist with a two man midfield it won't work out.

Teams can either leave him unmarked and basically tell him to create a chance which he can't do or they press him high up and try and force him into turning the ball over.

Look at Chelsea right now, Kante is twice the player Coq is but they still play two midfielders next to him who's are better on the ball.

There will always be a need for a player like him in our squad, just not sure about our first XI

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Just thinking all three of these guys are people you'd want in the trenches with you. Warriors all three of them.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rumours that Koscienly's extension is only 80k, needs to find himself a better agent.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Lovely news this, particularly with Kos and Oli. Coquelin proved he's a man of his word if anything, I remember him saying for as long as we want him, he'll stay with us.

The loyalty these three have displayed is heart warming when you think about it. Especially with all the speculation going on around Alexis and Özil. These three are essentially saying come what may, we're Arsenal.

Giroud needs a solo shoutout tbh. The stick he's taken down the years... many a player would've upsticks and left. He's had everything from donkey to lampost, been told he doesn't belong here, been compared to players not fit enough to lace his boots.

Yet he still performs year on year and always signs an extension with no drama at all. Love him, he has been and will continue to be a brilliant player for Arsenal Football Club.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Rumours that Koscienly's extension is only 80k, needs to find himself a better agent.
Also looks like he has signed a long deal for somebody his age! This will be his last big contract in top football I think, his family is settled in London so I don't see him going to China or the emirates. Would actually be quite logical for him to go for less money per year but a longer contract.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Only 80k a week, tough times. Only making more per week than most people in wealthy nations make a year. Only 52 times as much as someone already make a very good living! For kicking a ball real good!
It's pretty tough, and some players retire when they are far into their thirties already.

Only good thing is that after their careers they get paid to talk **** about football on television, everyone here talks **** without getting paid.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I can say I am happy with this news. Kosc is one of the best in the world, Coq is a warrior who is always willing to fight and if you watch his celebrations when we score - you can tell he is truly a Gooner lol. Lastly, Giroud - the guy gets so much stick but he never gives up.

This forum is becoming questionable, some of you are anti English, some of you want to get rid of all squaddies and just have 30 Sanchez level players, some of you get suicidal when we're linked to kids.

Yeah it is very questionable. I mean people having many different opinions on forum? Common!

Doesn't feel like in recent weeks that it is GDeep who is posting. Odd timing to come back also.

My guess is that some mod took over his account and his commenting in is name. Most likely Blaze of glory.

Last edited:

Godwin1

Very well-known
We can still sell Coq by the way, just because he signed a new contract doesn't mean we couldn't offload him in the summer. Good squad player though I agree.

blaise

Maybe Kos made a big cut so we can extend Ramsey, Ox ... and finally win that title once they are all healthy , he did talk we need to do everything to extend our best players.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We know Coq is limited, but he's a good squad player.

This forum is becoming questionable, some of you are anti English, some of you want to get rid of all squaddies and just have 30 Sanchez level players, some of you get suicidal when we're linked to kids.

Is Coq limited though? In terms of his game he excels in the attributes that he needs. He is a ball winning midfielder who does what he is told and sacrifices himself for the team. When he is subbed he literally sprints off. We say he is limited because he doesn't have the technical ability of an Özil or the passing of Cazola, as for some strange reason he needs to have those abilities? Yet we don't point to others and say they are limited because they do not make enough interceptions, track runs or make crunching tackles. Coquelin only appears limited if he is playing in the wrong system. Where he receives the ball in areas he shouldn't be in the first place.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom