• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Surely it's a worrying sign that he's not a bona-fide starter in this current Barcelona team? He was impressive at Ajax, but as others have mentioned none of those guys have really kicked on since leaving. He's never really stood out to me whenever I've seen him play for barca either.

You can't really complain if the club go for him because of his pedigree, but if its a choice between FDJ and Tielemens I'd think Tielemens would be the safer bet.
That's where I'm at as well. No doubting that FDJ is quality but he's a bit overhyped as well. Was surprised reading the Barca forum for some insight on Melo and there was a view that Melo was more important to the team than FDJ at the time.

That said most Barca fans don't want to lose him and I also think he's a player that's going to look amazing in certain set ups and with the right coach. He probably needs an elite ball winner alongside him or deeper but I think a Partey / FDJ midfield could be great. Same with Tielemans really, but you also know he can cut it in this league + he gets goals as well.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
City have been chasing him for years haven't they? He's a Pep wet dream type of player. Have a sneaky suspicion they agreed to the Ferran Torres deal on the basis they'd get first refusal on him. Would elevate the quality of our game in the 2nd phase exponentially.

He'd have his pick of any side in Europe if he became available, but I think it's unlikely as Busquets is creaking badly and their youth need more experienced guys like him.

Malky

Established Member
People on the first page actually saying they'd turn down the prospect of Frenkie De Jong here while our options are Xhaka and Elneny is up there with " We don't need Kante when we have Coquelin " level of nonsense.
De Jong And Partey with ESR/Ødegaard infront of them is a dream of a midfield.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's where I'm at as well. No doubting that FDJ is quality but he's a bit overhyped as well. Was surprised reading the Barca forum for some insight on Melo and there was a view that Melo was more important to the team than FDJ at the time.

That said most Barca fans don't want to lose him and I also think he's a player that's going to look amazing in certain set ups and with the right coach. He probably needs an elite ball winner alongside him or deeper but I think a Partey / FDJ midfield could be great. Same with Tielemans really, but you also know he can cut it in this league + he gets goals as well.

I think his type of profile is needed though, a real technical leader in the middle of the pitch, I just don't know who that guy is. I'd be looking to bring one of those types in, as well as Tielemens who is more competition for Ødegaard.

I get the impression Arteta wants to build up the depth in midfield/wide akin to what City have. A Deep playmaker and Tielemens adds great depth and completion to Ødegaard/Partey/Lokonga/ESR/Saka/Martinelli.

Blaziken

He like Watkins grew up supporting this legendary institution, but we will need CL footie to stand any chance of buying him and he must lower his wages 400k per week is too much.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Is he really making 350k a week? No thanks if he is
No Barcelona made his contract longer to spread out his wages more, the bastards will be doing that a couple more times, he’ll have a contract until 2040 though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

No Barcelona made his contract longer to spread out his wages more, the bastards will be doing that a couple more times, he’ll have a contract until 2040 though.

Love how people like Ballbág seem to think it’s a genius move.

Yet again another great example of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Love how people like Ballbág seem to think it’s a genius move.

Yet again another great example of robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Its crap but how on earth are they getting the players to agree when they use the money to pay a new player, not clear debts. :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Its crap but how on earth are they getting the players to agree when they use the money to pay a new player, not clear debts. :lol:

They’re still getting the same money but now they’re getting it over say 4 years instead of 2.

The fact they’re panic loaning Coutinho out to make way for the bank loan funded Ferran shows they’re still in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom