• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
I presume this means we're having a huge cull of centre backs, as we have a plethora of them already.

Gabriel
Saliba
Luiz
Mari

Is all we need really if we're playing back 4. Tierney can play there in emergencies.

That leaves

Chambers
Holding
Sokratis
Mustafi

Who I think must be being sold?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I presume this means we're having a huge cull of centre backs, as we have a plethora of them already.

Gabriel
Saliba
Luiz
Mari

Is all we need really if we're playing back 4. Tierney can play there in emergencies.

That leaves

Chambers
Holding
Sokratis
Mustafi

I think Mustafi stays until his contract runs out and they’ll try and get rid of the other three, whether that’s loans or sales.

Moah

Mustafi would have gotten us at least 15m if he wasn't injured. He actually improved with Arteta, and losing him for free is really bad.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
9-D2-F7087-8-CFF-4-B54-A539-14-FFA42-BE96-A.gif

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Gabriel
Saliba
Luiz
Mari

That leaves

Chambers
Holding
Sokratis
Mustafi

Yeah we will go into the season with -

Saliba
Gabriel
Luiz
Mari
Mustafi

With Sokratis likely to head to Napoli I think Holding and Chambers are the easiest to shift.

The issue you then have is Luiz and Mustafi leaving next summer on free's. Mavropanos and Medley will be back off loan. We will have to see how Saliba and Gabs do to determine where we go next.

Upamecano has a release clause of 42M euro next summer, if we get CL football...

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Gabriel
Saliba
Luiz
Mari

That leaves

Chambers
Holding
Sokratis
Mustafi

I'd say we probably need actual 5 CBs if we are considering switching to a back 3 again. Whilst not a permanent formation 5 gives cover just in case we do.

HomeSteak

Established Member
I agree, I would keep Chambers as well. Sell Holding, Mustafi and Sokratis.
But in reallity, nobody will pay a dime for Mustafi. So we will keep him for the season, and sell Chambers.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I wouldnt keep any of them. We would probably be fine with just four and Tierney as a LCB in a 3. But realistically we won't sell so many CB's this window.

Saliba and Mari for the cup games could be a good shout. Luiz and Gabriel for the league games.

For big league games where we still can't dominate a back 3 of -

Saliba - Luiz - Gabriel

Is a bit juicy.

GoonerBoy19

Gabriel
Saliba
Luiz
Mari

That leaves

Chambers
Holding
Sokratis
Mustafi

Sokratis is going for sure, also Luiz will be going out next year. I would definitely keep Chambers as he is more versatile. Others can be sold.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

When’s Mari back? Had it in my head both he and Luiz will be in a two when the season starts, it’s what Arteta was playing before the break.

Gabriel and Saliba need bedding in, excited to see them both.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I kind of forgot that we already have Suares and Mari! We can easily sell Mustafai, Chambers, Holding, Kola, and Sok without any problem :-O

Mr_Stabbems

Why does everyone want to sell holding? kids only 24. Chambers is 25 but i see less natural ability in chambers than i see in holding.

Also homegrown rule. We currently have what 9 English players? if AMN is to be sold as rumoured then no one else can leave or be loaned unless to sell and promote.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
When’s Mari back? Had it in my head both he and Luiz will be in a two when the season starts, it’s what Arteta was playing before the break.

Gabriel and Saliba need bedding in, excited to see them both.

He won’t be fit. Gabriel and Luiz to start the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom