• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Looks to have a good striker instinct as he makes some good runs inside the box, finding those little pockets of space.

baccy_man

Established Member
I was watching him in the game last night and he likes to get stuck in and try to win the ball back when we have lost the ball,
Some posters are saying that he is being played out of position you have to wonder how good he will be in his best position.

Gunn3rs4urus

Does not look good to me. I know he’s still young but I don’t see that he will make it here.

He will turn out like Chamakh or maybe a little bit better. Average at best :)

Token Yank

I like the look of him. He plays with a savvy and maturity beyond his age. He just seems like a natural. The game comes easy to him and he is clever out on the pitch. Looking forward to how he will be used this year.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Very fast, but none of the skill we normally associate with Brazilian players. Could be a success as a striker, but think Nelson, Sako should be ahead of him as wide men.

Iceman10

Established Member
Under Emery? out of position ofcourse. He is a left sided wide forward who has been constantly played on the right by our tactical genius.

This is probably why I have still felt there is a lot to come from him, i.e. not seen attacking take-ons/duels expected yet, and that could be due to him being played on the right.

While we're all wondering whether inside forwards will be the way to go this season, I do think there is a risk of drawing too much from pre-season experimentation. It could even be deemed best to play him on the right for now to guide his development for the long-term. If he wants to cut in from the right he would need to use his left foot more, and he does need to become a little more ambidextrous.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This is probably why I have still felt there is a lot to come from him, i.e. not seen attacking take-ons/duels expected yet, and that could be due to him being played on the right.

While we're all wondering whether inside forwards will be the way to go this season, I do think there is a risk of drawing too much from pre-season experimentation. It could even be deemed best to play him on the right for now to guide his development for the long-term. If he wants to cut in from the right he would need to use his left foot more, and he does need to become a little more ambidextrous.
This.. each and every season people start reading far too much into pre season selections and tactics. We will know mid September what the manager sees in this squad. Patience guys

Impact

Established Member
Just turned 18. Moved to London from Brazil. Still learning the language, still acclimatising to Europe, still adjusting to Arsenal. Been on a fitness regime for all of 3 weeks or so and looks this bright? We have a real gem on our hands.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Really like what I've seen so far, he's definitely going to get cup games and who knows, he could end up with some decent PL minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom