• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Trossard looked better when he came on (again). Martinelli doesn't have it in his game to beat players in any other way than using his pace. If they double up on him and sit deep he's basically useless.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He has to be benched. Totally out of form and can’t have him start next game. Would be total disrespect to trossard

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Was nowhere near the worst player. Midfield was the real issue. He was just double/triple teamed all the time. Trossard couldn't do much either despite coming against a possible tired defence. They shut out the wings completely.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Too one dimensional and too predictable. Need someone on Saka’s level on the left if we want to be a top team.

Also the absence of Jesus is affecting him too much

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Was nowhere near the worst player.
For a 180k I'm not looking if he was our worst player or not, I expect him to beat his man or cut inside like Saka does and make chances for others. He can't do it, so I wonder why is he still playing when options are available

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Too one dimensional and too predictable. Need someone on Saka’s level on the left if we want to be a top team.

Also the absence of Jesus is affecting him too much
We tried. We wouldn’t bid 100 million euros for a player in his exact position. But when that didn’t work out we decided to stick with him and offered him a crazy wage. 180k for future squad player is just crazy

Tom349

Decision making is so poor. Needs to get head up and use his team mates around him, can't just hug the touchline and run yourself into the corner flag all game.

I wonder if Arteta could perhaps help both Saka and Martinelli by having them switch flanks throughout the game. Only needs to be for 5-10 minutes a game but change it up a little to make the team less predictable.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He needs to sit for a few matches. Let him come on as a sub against some tired legs. He's killing us at present. Teams are now putting 3 on Saka because they know Martinelli is doing nothing against the fullback. He needs to sort himself out and diversify his play.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Or he could just play better

Fair, he is only 21 to be fair and in his first season as a starter...of course there will be ups and down.

The general age of our attack (without Jesus) is too young for a title fight for me, night and day from.2004...glad we signed Trossard, need some older heads in the front three.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Fair, he is only 21 to be fair and in his first season as a starter...of course there will be ups and down.

The general age of our attack (without Jesus) is too young for a title fight for me, night and day from.2004...glad we signed Trossard, need some older heads in the front three.
True. The problem with Martinelli is his general play is really lacking. So when he is not giving assists or goals he isn’t doing anything. Hugging the line and forced to come back

But in his defence are paying the price for hiding Xhaka who is too close to Martinelli all the time and densing that area

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I say keep him in until after City. If you drop him next game you can't just go back and start him vs City, his confidence will be a bit shot.

Lets play the way we have played all season in that massive game vs City. If it still doesnt work out, then we will need to re-evaluate and probably drop Martinelli until Jesus returns to the team (they play very well together).

Darsig

He needs to sit for a few matches. Let him come on as a sub against some tired legs. He's killing us at present. Teams are now putting 3 on Saka because they know Martinelli is doing nothing against the fullback. He needs to sort himself out and diversify his play.
Yeah, this. You could see that the players behind him progressively stopped feeding him over the course of the match and went for Saka instead. That is concerning and he needs to sort himself out quickly, especially now that he has competition for his spot.
No way am I blaming him for loss today. It was a dreadful team performance all around, but Martinelli has been out of it for a while now and I don't he should be starting he next game.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Yeah, this. You could see that the players behind him progressively stopped feeding him over the course of the match and went for Saka instead. That is concerning and he needs to sort himself out quickly, especially now that he has competition for his spot.
No way am I blaming him for loss today. It was a dreadful team performance all around, but Martinelli has been out of it for a while now and I don't he should be starting he next game.
I want to be fair to him as well. Given that he started his career with us with some injuries and then wasn't a consistent starter until the second half of last season, I think there's a good chance that his body is just hitting a bit of a wall. He doesn't seem to have that burst we're accustomed to seeing and that's natural for a young player after their first really drastic uptick in minutes played. That's where Arteta needs to do the right thing by him and make him understand that it's not a punishment but an opportunity to regroup and be better able to contribute in the run in. Trossard should be starting. He offers a lot more variety in the ways he can hurt you.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He would be Reyes if this was 2004, tbh.

Playing a good amount of minutes, but even when starting clearly he could look to fall back on the likes of Henry, Pires, Bergkamp to be the main guys (and even use experience like Wiltord and Kanu in certain situations, even if they had one foot out tue door at the time) he's looking up to Saka really, who's the same age as him :lol:

Still mad to me that our young players have got us to this point and played mostly so well, why I won't be too hard on them.

We NEED Jesus back very soon, if we want the title.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom